Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 01:11 PM

1,969 posts, read 544,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
I actually had an “ AH HAH” moment yesterday. I was driving home and NPR was broadcasting an interview with Barack Obama relating to the release of his memoir. As I listened I realized how much I miss him. When he talks, it’s not only that I agree with his perspective on many issues, but it’s the WAY the talks that reminds me of good friends I have had over the years. His thoughtful, reflective manner of speaking, his overall manner of communicating makes me feel not only like he is someone that I know, but someone I connect with. Basically, I love this guy! It hit me then, that trump’s hardcore supporters must feel the same way about him. Not only that he speaks to their beliefs but, that he “speaks their language”, someone they would actually want to hang out with. If that is true, I can understand their denial of reality. My approach to this denial is, let them deal with it on their own terms. They have until mid January to accept that regardless of their beliefs, Trump will no longer be President. But they have some time right now to support his denial.
what humanity! what a nice person.
im not gona lie, obama is one of the most polished, smooth talkers i have seen. i was very impressed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 01:11 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals used to believe in the old saying "Question Authority." Now they just believe, accept and regurgitate whatever the media and the DNC tells them to believe.

Why did they stop counting votes in 6 swing states for no apparent reason on election night?

How did Trump outperform every Republican since 1960 with every minority group there is, yet still somehow lose?

Why was the failure rate of mail-in ballots in Pennsylvania around 3% this year when historically it is in the 20-30% range?

Why was voter turnout markedly down in almost every large city in America except the large cities located in the swing states of WI, MI, PA, and GA?

Why weren't observers allowed to watch vote counting in the early morning hours of Nov. 4, when hundreds of thousands of ballots appeared for Joe Biden?

Why were there 100,000 Biden ballots in GA that had no votes cast for down ticket races?

Why did Democrats run to the courts for 6 months before the election to eliminate voter integrity requirements like signature verification, witness requirement, and the requirement that ballots by received by Election Day?

Why are Democrats interested in making it possible to vote for months before election day and weeks after election day, but not for any election safeguards?

How is it that the pre-election polls, published by the Democrat propagandists in the media, were so drastically wrong and even after they were wrong in 2016?

Why should anyone believe the media when it calls the race for Joe Biden, when they've been calling it for Joe Biden or whatever Democrat runs ever since Trump won in 2016?

Why did Democrat governors and secretaries of states unilaterally mail out millions of mail-in ballots to everyone on the voter registration rolls even though they knew the rolls weren't even close to accurate?

The hilarious thing is that these mind-numbed drones accuse us of being stupid for asking questions. They haven't questioned a thing they've been told by the media or the Democrat Party for most of their lives. It's sad and pathetic.
Who let people vote for weeks after Election Day?

Old 11-17-2020, 01:14 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Trump should consider conceding if the Democrats agree to a universal system of voting for federal elections that requires in-person voting with an ID and allows absentee voting only for those who cannot vote in person. The Democrats will never agree to meaningful election reform to prevent fraud, and that is the most obvious proof that this was a fraudulent election. They know what they did and they need to make sure they're able to do it again.
Voting laws are under the jurisdiction of individual states.
Do you really want all laws to be under federal jurisdiction?

Old 11-17-2020, 01:14 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I believe all of them have, and continue to harm the USA. They are undermining the foundations of our country. I do believe that most of them (this person for sure) believes they are right. That is what is so hard. How do you help them see the light without being insulting or condescending?
We believe the Democrats are undermining the foundations of this country. They continue to try to change election laws to make it easier to commit fraud. They did a massive amount of those changes this year.

And Democrats have a long history of committing fraud in their one party districts, from Boss Tweed to Richard Daley to George Parr to the current Philadelphia machine.

The refusal of the MSM and the Democrats to even talk about the issue drives the belief that it is widespread and that it is well known. If not, they would be talking about prosecuting those who committed fraud.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:15 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Don't. One can give a fact but if the recipient is not open to the truth, not much can be done. This is going to be a big issue for America in the coming years as it is ripping our republic apart by undermines our democracy.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:15 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
The last 4 years have truly opened my eyes to just how low democrats will go to gain power. Many Americans watched in shock and disbelief how they treated Kavanaugh and his family, the constant Russia probes even after Mueller found nothing, the violence perpetrated by looting and rioting scum, impeachment schemes, and the constantly negative and lying news outlets doing the DNC's dirty work.

I put nothing past the left. There is no bar too low for them to limbo under. I don't expect the election to be overturned, but there is definitely something in the air that smells fishier than Cannery Row on a warm summer day.
Anyone who doubts the Democrats would cheat if they could haven't payed attention the last 4 years.

Old 11-17-2020, 01:16 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Honest question: How do you interract with someone who still believes that Trump won the election?
Just smile and say "bless your heart".

6,353 posts, read 2,903,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
OK, this is helpful If that's how you feel then What if it was your spouse, sibling, parent or other? What would you do? How would you engage with them if you wanted to continue to do so?.

My thoughts on the comparison, but not really the point:
Here's the difference. It was proven that Russia did, and contintues to interfere with our election. That is not debated, even by Trump himself.

It was proven that Trump did in fact ask the Ukrainian guy to interfere with Biden, not a single shred of evidence that it didn't happen, not even Trump denied it, he just said he didn't mean it that way, and the evidence showed he was lying.

The process was followed, and the Democratic house impeached him, and the Republican Senate aquitted him. I hated that they did that, but I accepted it.

I also thought it was polictically unwise to do the impeachment, but there was IN FACT sufficient evidence to investigate, and unlike election fraud, it had some teeth. You may not agree that Trump's intent was what they said it was, but I defy you to say the discussion did not happen, and I defy you to say that all the people in his admin, including non-partisan military leaders didn't say it was inappropriate.

^If all my info is fake, and if you really cared about me in your life, how would you deal with me?
I used to work in a psych hospital. There was a guy everyone called Rain Man because he thought he could make rain fall. Another guy thought aliens where sending him messages through his TV. Another guy would carried around a pic of Brittney Spears and tell everyone that she was his gf. Shrinks would waste their time trying to change their thoughts and would torture them with chemicals if they didn't. Just let people think what they want to think.

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Voting laws are under the jurisdiction of individual states.
Do you really want all laws to be under federal jurisdiction?
I want federal elections ran by the states and supervised by the federal government under federal rules. They can do what they want for state and local elections.

I do not believe the entire country should have to live under one particular President because of obvious fraud in a few big cities with Democrat machines with a proven history of voter fraud (Philadelphia, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee).

Old 11-17-2020, 01:18 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Don't. One can give a fact but if the recipient is not open to the truth, not much can be done. This is going to be a big issue for America in the coming years as it is ripping our republic apart by undermines our democracy.
If you were concerned about the country, you 1) would not have acted as you did the past 4 years and 2) would be calling for an audit of the 2020 presidential election to prove Biden won it fair and square.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies