Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 11:44 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times

Advertisements

Not really looking to debate it at this point. If you still believe he won, or that Biden is stealing it, I respect your right to believe that, I just disagree to a point where I'm not going to be convinced.

For everyone else who understands how US Elections are run, how are you dealing with people you otherwise love and respect, who are using conspiracy theories to still believe there is any doubt.

How do you respond to someone who thinks any "facts" that disagree with them are fake, but any facts that do agree with them are indisputable?

How do you convince them that both US and Int'l election watchers have overwhelmingly said this was a clean election?

How do you argue with them when they claim that election monitors were denied access, when in fact all the LEGAL montors were allowed to do their work?

How do you make them understand that just because Trump said there was fraud doesn't mean there was fraud? Why has he not presented the first bit of evidence, if there is any?

How do you convince someone how crazy it is to believe that all the courts, all the news media, all of our allies, and all of the states are able to manage a conspiracy JUST to get Trump out of office?

How do you convince them that they believed the results in 2016, even though the were much closer, but now, in a landslide, they think it's fake?

I'm really asking sincerely. Someone I love a lot still believes the election is a fraud. They claim to be informed, but if they did the slightest bit of learning how elections work, they'd realize it is not possible to steal on the scale they are claiming. They would see the lawsuits, even if ending in their favor, would not overturn the election.

I'm really struggling. I respect this person, but their intention to ignore reality makes me question their sincerety on other issues. How can I constructively allow them to see that even if they don't like the results, they are legit.

Can you show the light to someone who doesn't want to see it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 11:48 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
I don't.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:50 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Point and laugh?

Old 11-17-2020, 11:52 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,847,983 times
Tell them congratulations that your guy Trump won and I will wish him all the best for the next four years in serving our nation.

Quote:
Myghost For everyone else who understands how US Elections are run, how are you dealing with people you otherwise love and respect, who are using conspiracy theories to still believe there is any doubt.
How they are supposed to be run, and how this one was done is why we all know that Biden did not win. There will come information that you Biden supporters will have to believe the truth or else live another 4 years of confusion about what leftists have done to the DEM party. Believing that Biden won IS the conspiracy theory.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:55 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,599,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Not really looking to debate it at this point. If you still believe he won, or that Biden is stealing it, I respect your right to believe that, I just disagree to a point where I'm not going to be convinced.

For everyone else who understands how US Elections are run, how are you dealing with people you otherwise love and respect, who are using conspiracy theories to still believe there is any doubt.

How do you respond to someone who thinks any "facts" that disagree with them are fake, but any facts that do agree with them are indisputable?

How do you convince them that both US and Int'l election watchers have overwhelmingly said this was a clean election?

How do you argue with them when they claim that election monitors were denied access, when in fact all the LEGAL montors were allowed to do their work?

How do you make them understand that just because Trump said there was fraud doesn't mean there was fraud? Why has he not presented the first bit of evidence, if there is any?

How do you convince someone how crazy it is to believe that all the courts, all the news media, all of our allies, and all of the states are able to manage a conspiracy JUST to get Trump out of office?

How do you convince them that they believed the results in 2016, even though the were much closer, but now, in a landslide, they think it's fake?

I'm really asking sincerely. Someone I love a lot still believes the election is a fraud. They claim to be informed, but if they did the slightest bit of learning how elections work, they'd realize it is not possible to steal on the scale they are claiming. They would see the lawsuits, even if ending in their favor, would not overturn the election.

I'm really struggling. I respect this person, but their intention to ignore reality makes me question their sincerety on other issues. How can I constructively allow them to see that even if they don't like the results, they are legit.

Can you show the light to someone who doesn't want to see it?

It sounds like you actually don't respect the person.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Tell them congratulations that your guy Trump won and I will wish him all the best for the next four years in serving our nation.

How they are supposed to be run, and how this one was done is why we all know that Biden did not win.
I'll bite: Show some actual proof that Biden didn't win? Show legit proof that there is even a doubt. Tell us, in our current system, how tens of thousands of votes can be changed, manufactured or destroyed, and show evidence that it happened in any of the states, much less enough states to change the results.

No proof of any significant fraud in any of the 50 states. I mean ACTUAL PROOF.

if you can convince me, I'm listening...

Old 11-17-2020, 11:57 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,701,557 times
I usually stop convincing past the obvious points:

- If Democrats could rig an election so well, why didn't they rig the Senate in a place like ME? Or a close state like NC? Instead they are relying on two toss-up in GA? Why not just rig GA the first time for Ossoff? Why did they win the Electoral Votes in ME but lose the Senate? How does that work?

- If Democrats could rig an election so well, and supposedly have been doing this for many years, why didn't they just spare us all from the last four years and just manufacture 12k, 22k and 45k votes in WI, MI and PA respectively and tilt the election to Clinton?

- If Democrats could rig an election so well, why is Biden doing worse, margin-wise, in places like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh than Clinton did in 2016?

- Is it even plausible that Biden simply received more votes than Trump did? Has that possibility crossed your mind?

- If Democrats are this adept at a nationwide scam to win the election - maybe they should be in charge. We would all stand to benefit from their amazing organizational skills.

Obviously, after expending all of that wasted energy, I'd probably just walk away and feel bad that they are that foolish to continue this charade.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:57 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
How do you interact? It is simple, just don't talk politics. The Democrats and their media has spent the last 4 years making everything about politics while being critical of our President and working to divide us along party lines, economic lines and race lines.

They have done their work well.

I believe the Dems stole the election by manipulating the counting machines, barring ballot inspectors and "finding" ballots for their man in the dead of night and slipping them in while no one was watching. If the election was transparent then why are the states that are in contention fighting so hard to discredit and ignore court orders to open up for investigation?

They are creating conspiracy by acting suspiciously.

You can't show the light to someone that doesn't want to see it but time will eventually heal the hurt that many of us are feeling by being cheated. BUT of course those on the Left have been denying and fighting against Trump since 2016 so don't expect the pain to ease quickly.

Just don't talk politics today.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
It sounds like you actually don't respect the person.
That is what I'm trying to avoid, loss of respect. And I'm failing.

That's why it's an honest question.

Old 11-17-2020, 11:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
You don’t interact. They’re irrelevant, no one has a use for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies