Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2020, 09:19 PM

17,642 posts, read 6,923,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Trump didn't get my husband back to work soon enough and my dishwasher pressure is still lacking. What was a suburban housewife to do but vote him out?

JK on husband, fortunately he hasn't lost his job. I don't even think about my dishwasher pressure. But I am one of the suburban housewives (really a homemaker if a term must apply, I didn't marry a house) he tried to court so oddly. Alas, it didn't work and I voted for a Democrat for the first time.
Nice story. Enjoy what you voted for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2020, 09:25 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
If Biden gets in you get to own it. Enjoy. I can’t wait to see you shill for all the ridiculous shlt he does.
I'm enjoying it. I'm happy to own it too. There's no 'if', buddy. Joe's got it solid. He's in.

I don't know what, if anything, I'll be shilling. Gotta wait to see what Joe has in mind first.

I don't think Joe will be doing very much ridiculous ****- Trump had the corner on that and hasn't used it all up yet. The past 4 years have been the weirdest Presidency I've ever lived through by far.

I only watched "The Apprentice" a few times, so I didn't know much at all about Trump's more recent goings-on.
What hit me was how, despite all his wealth, he moved his entire clan in with him like a bunch of squatting rednecks. And dang!
They were all weird! The squint-eyed wife who appears to be in a cage match with her step-daughter, who's married to the strange Jewish guy, and the 2 strange sons, and the VP who's afraid to be seen with any woman but his wife, who he calls "Mother", and...
I could go on. I won't. Anybody who's only half-normal was an improvement over that bunch.

They never got any better, either. I think they'll all go just like they were when they first arrived.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I'm enjoying it. I'm happy to own it too. There's no 'if', buddy. Joe's got it solid. He's in.

I don't know what, if anything, I'll be shilling. Gotta wait to see what Joe has in mind first.

I don't think Joe will be doing very much ridiculous ****- Trump had the corner on that and hasn't used it all up yet. The past 4 years have been the weirdest Presidency I've ever lived through by far.

I only watched "The Apprentice" a few times, so I didn't know much at all about Trump's more recent goings-on.
What hit me was how, despite all his wealth, he moved his entire clan in with him like a bunch of squatting rednecks. And dang!
They were all weird! The squint-eyed wife who appears to be in a cage match with her step-daughter, who's married to the strange Jewish guy, and the 2 strange sons, and the VP who's afraid to be seen with any woman but his wife, who he calls "Mother", and...
I could go on. I won't. Anybody who's only half-normal was an improvement over that bunch.

They never got any better, either. I think they'll all go just like they were when they first arrived.
Congratulations, if Biden wins you get the status quo politician you wanted. I'm just amazed that seemingly intelligent people like you think that someone like Joe Biden is going to make a difference when he hasn't in over 4 decades in politics.

Basically you voted for him out of hate for Trump. I'm hoping you grow up and open your eyes soon. Biden/Harris will hopefully do that, but you're such a left wing shill that I doubt it will matter in your case.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:39 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Congratulations, if Biden wins you get the status quo politician you wanted. I'm just amazed that seemingly intelligent people like you think that someone like Joe Biden is going to make a difference when he hasn't in over 4 decades in politics.

Basically you voted for him out of hate for Trump. I'm hoping you grow up and open your eyes soon. Biden/Harris will hopefully do that, but you're such a left wing shill that I doubt it will matter in your case.
He will get nothing done, if we keep at least one of the two communists from winning in GA. Though I've no doubt liberals are going to steal both those seats (that the conservatives already won, I might add). We'll just have to wait and see. Even Joe Manchin said that he will vote against packing the SCOTUS.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:47 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Better question: why did anyone, white or black, vote for Trump?
Thats an easy answer. Because Biden had 47 years to be part of the solution but was only a part of the problem. That and he is a hair sniffing racist pervert. Trump sucks too, but you asked why someone would vote for Trump. I gave you some reasons.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
He will get nothing done, if we keep at least one of the two communists from winning in GA. Though I've no doubt liberals are going to steal both those seats (that the conservatives already won, I might add). We'll just have to wait and see. Even Joe Manchin said that he will vote against packing the SCOTUS.
There is little doubt that the Democrats will win both of the GA senate seats. Stacey Abrams is already bragging about having 600K votes in the bag. And Brian Kemp and the useless GOP Secretary of State are happy to accommodate the Democrat's voter fraud.

I actually hope the country gets to experience the Democrats' plan. Then we could get to the breaking point that we need.

Old 11-20-2020, 09:58 PM

3,672 posts, read 2,753,407 times
I’m pretty sure ALL races of people preferred Biden this election.

It’s obvious. Rational people realized that Trump is bat **** crazy.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:38 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:

People took a chance on Trump because he wasn't a politician and many hated Hillary including democrats. Many have buyers remorse now and this is why Biden won. You need to open your eyes and understand why many rejected Trump.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:51 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,391,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriotic Dissent View Post
This. The ONLY time I EVER voted for a democrat was for a sheriff candidate and that was only because the guy running on the republican ticket was a corrupt POS. He won but I sure wasn't vote for him. NEVER voted democrat otherwise, I won't of course until I am dead and buried.

Wait a minute...You will still be able to vote because dead people vote. lol
So Democrat vote on the other side.

Old 11-20-2020, 11:16 PM

769 posts, read 1,007,585 times
Because most people in this country were sick to death of the lying, the tweeting, the conspiracies, the embarrassment on the world stage, the destabilizing of norms that have done our country well for centuries, etc. The list literally goes on and on.

I know many people, who are either very apolitical in general or moderately conservative, who voted Biden just because they could not stomach four more years of Trump.

As for myself (I'm white), Biden was not my primary choice. However, I want the U.S. to move more towards social democracy. And Biden's a lot closer to that than Trump is.

It is amazing (and funny) though to see that there are people who can't grasp that others don't think the way they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies