Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 01:20 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Trump supporters conveniently ignore the fact that Trump was the most disliked president in history. They didn’t believe the approval polls, they didn’t believe the state polls, and now they don’t believe the actual vote.

That it doesn’t surprise anyone that Trump lost is something they have a hard time grasping. But I sense that they slowly will.
Bears repeating that Trump stood no chance of winning re-election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 01:34 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Bears repeating that Trump stood no chance of winning re-election.
Then why is the election so close even with the Democrats committing massive Mail In Voter Fraud? Why did they need to cheat to just make it even close?

This was a Coup, not an election.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:36 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,885,842 times
I believe all voters cast their ballot against Trump, white, republican or otherwise. The only thing Trump's lawsuits are revealing is that more people voted him out.

He just was a terrible president everyone wanted gone. It's really that simple.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:45 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I suppose that the pandemic played a large factor. President Trump downplayed it from the beginning, we then had audio tapes of how he knew this was a serious situation back in February, but still maintained the virus would be gone by Easter (or whatever date popped into his head at the time). All the while the pandemic kept growing. Now, we are facing 2,000 deaths per day (60,000 per month at this rate), a million new cases every five days, and all around the country hospital beds are becoming scarce.

I am still amazed that Mr. Trump got as many votes as he did. I guess repetitive lying works.

That sad fact shows that those in Trump's base have what are probably very deep and long-lasting character disorders, that make them unsuited to be a part of a democracy. The better parts of human nature that underlie a population that has a successful government and will cause it to serve its citizens, somehow did not develop in them. I'm wondering if Trump figured out on his own, that there were so many of that kind of people out there to be exploited, or if some Svengali-like adviser was pulling his strings from behind the curtain?

Old 11-21-2020, 04:38 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,743,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Then why is the election so close even with the Democrats committing massive Mail In Voter Fraud? Why did they need to cheat to just make it even close?

This was a Coup, not an election.
There was no fraud. there is no evidence of it & even republicans are beginning to get uncomfortable with Trump spewing this nonsense.
The only people believing this are the party of Trump.

Old 11-21-2020, 04:50 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
There was no fraud. there is no evidence of it & even republicans are beginning to get uncomfortable with Trump spewing this nonsense.
The only people believing this are the party of Trump.
Mail in voting can not be monitored and controlled to avoid fraud. That's a fact and the Democrats used that to its fullest extent.

Old 11-21-2020, 06:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
T

So, what made White voters flip on Trump or the GOP this election cycle?

Trump lost the popular vote in both elections.

Who flipped?

Old 11-21-2020, 06:15 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Every one of the white people I know voted Trump. And I know a lot of people.

Old 11-21-2020, 06:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Mail in voting can not be monitored and controlled to avoid fraud. That's a fact and the Democrats used that to its fullest extent.
Prove it.
You live in a vote-by-mail state. Let's see the reports of wholesale fraud in Colorado's elections.

As for the OP: I believe that the lack of response to the pandemic was the final straw for many.

Old 11-21-2020, 06:23 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,423,499 times
[quote=Pilot1;59732297]Mail in voting can not be monitored and controlled to avoid fraud. That's a fact and the Democrats used that to its fullest extent.

Thats the voting laws. Change them. Same as Trump using the tax laws to escape paying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies