Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2020, 09:47 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,646,198 times

Advertisements

Now, I am not anti-cop. I have/had my gripes with cops and I do think there needs to be some reform. The vast majority of the time my experiences with cops have been good and cordial. Only 2 times did I have truly terrible experience with cops whom were just looking to abuse their power. Overall, I do think police are needed and I give police men and women a ton of credit, I know its not an easy job.

My thing is this: I find many conservatives super "BACK THE BLUE!" but what happens if they have their marching orders and they don't care about you? For instance, there's been a few cases of people not wearing their mask, getting arrested. There was a recent case in Hollywood where this one driver who tried escaping the BLM mob and instead of the mob getting in any trouble, the cops arrested the driver who was trying to flee the mob. You have police officers who will enforce closing down small businesses who defy orders from the state and/or city. Yet, they'll stand by and lot the ANTIFA BLM mob run amok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=OhASWfJupqA

How about these Christians who were arrested and not obeying social distancing rules and not wearing mask?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35qvDQuuAIc

Or this lady in Ohio who didn't wear a mask at a football game:

I know this isn't always the case, I am sure there's plenty of cops who will do what is right, what they deem is moral and not what the law tells them is right. In fact, there was a cop who was arrested for posting a video on Youtube about how he's not going to enforce shutting down small business.

The point is, will you conservatives whom are super "BACK THE BLUE!", how would you feel if cops start coming after you for difference of thought? For not wanting to shut down your business? Not wearing mask? Not social distancing? How can you support these cops whom are "just doing their job"?

Its not to say to start rallying against cops but again, the point remains. How can you support the blue who doesn't support you? But only will support the state, obey the $$$. Not all but you get the point.

I'm aware cops are being thrown under the bus and I'm aware of the agenda of it all. I get it. Don't mistake me but I think its important for conservatives to understand that the excuse of "just doing my job" shouldn't be accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2020, 09:56 AM

39,897 posts, read 26,582,680 times
For the most part (not 100% of the time), the issue isn't LE, it's their leadership, who is often driven by politics. It is the political leadership of most cities that has allowed looting, rioting and violence to take place, while ordering police to "stand down" and let it happen. It is political leadership that have banned the use of rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse violent mobs. It is political leadership that has passed mask mandates and ordered police to enforce them. It is political leadership that has allowed left-wing mobs to "protest" without interference, while ordering the same LEOs to stomp out any kind of conservative rally.

This isn't always the case. Sometimes police make mistakes or don't understand who the bad guys really are. And yes, there are some bad cops, that might actually support progressives or domestic terror organizations like BLM or Pantifa. But they are a small minority.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:08 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,646,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
For the most part (not 100% of the time), the issue isn't LE, it's their leadership, who is often driven by politics. It is the political leadership of most cities that has allowed looting, rioting and violence to take place, while ordering police to "stand down" and let it happen. It is political leadership that have banned the use of rubber bullets and tear gas to disperse violent mobs. It is political leadership that has passed mask mandates and ordered police to enforce them. It is political leadership that has allowed left-wing mobs to "protest" without interference, while ordering the same LEOs to stomp out any kind of conservative rally.

This isn't always the case. Sometimes police make mistakes or don't understand who the bad guys really are. And yes, there are some bad cops, that might actually support progressives or domestic terror organizations like BLM or Pantifa. But they are a small minority.

I get what you're saying and your points are valid.

Here's the question: What happens when/if cops keep arresting conservatives, moderates, apolitical; simply people whom want to keep their business open, who don't wear a mask, follow social distancing etc. Those whom are defending themselves from people whom are threatening their livelihood, then get arrested? Yet, they are being told to "stand down" by the city and/or state. What happens if conservatives (mainly) get tired of the "Blue" not backing them? The consequences can be the conservatives taking the law into their own hands and seek justice as they see fit.

Which causes a problem for the blue:

-You have the left who hate the police but then demand that police take action when they see fit
-Then you have the right who are frustrated and feel betrayed that the cops aren't backing them. So then they abandon their support for the police.

This will leave "The Blue" in a pickle and can possibly lead to even more lawlessness. Because now they have no support.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:11 PM

18,743 posts, read 7,643,216 times
Keep your phone or camera with you at all times. If something starts happening, video everything, Then call your local TV or radio station.

Not a perfect solution. But sometimes the results can be startling. And very instructive.

Old 09-26-2020, 11:38 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,654,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I get what you're saying and your points are valid.

Here's the question: What happens when/if cops keep arresting conservatives, moderates, apolitical; simply people whom want to keep their business open, who don't wear a mask, follow social distancing etc. Those whom are defending themselves from people whom are threatening their livelihood, then get arrested? Yet, they are being told to "stand down" by the city and/or state. What happens if conservatives (mainly) get tired of the "Blue" not backing them? The consequences can be the conservatives taking the law into their own hands and seek justice as they see fit.

Which causes a problem for the blue:

-You have the left who hate the police but then demand that police take action when they see fit
-Then you have the right who are frustrated and feel betrayed that the cops aren't backing them. So then they abandon their support for the police.

This will leave "The Blue" in a pickle and can possibly lead to even more lawlessness. Because now they have no support.
This is exactly what Ive been saying too!

Good patriotic Americans are NOT going to sit by and tolerate police arresting people for simply defending themselves or their property!!

Old 09-27-2020, 12:24 AM

4,913 posts, read 3,335,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
I'm aware cops are being thrown under the bus and I'm aware of the agenda of it all. I get it. Don't mistake me but I think its important for conservatives to understand that the excuse of "just doing my job" shouldn't be accepted.
But all along, 99.7 % of the time they ARE just doing their job. I think it's important that liberals understand there have to be rules, and they have to apply to EVERYBODY.

Of course there are 'bad' cops out there. But they're a very small minority. And we've seen in the past several months just how much $h!t the good ones have to eat as a result.

Old 09-27-2020, 01:18 AM

9,034 posts, read 4,729,459 times
If it is one or two cops causing the problem, take names, take videos, expose them.

If it is the political powers, or a lot of cops in your area, then you have to realize that tolerance of criminals attracts criminals, criminal activity attracts more criminals, and it is a vicious cycle.

In that case, the answer is location.
As in move.

Old 09-27-2020, 03:23 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,279,283 times
Who do you think they are taking their orders from???

Old 09-27-2020, 03:32 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,196,877 times
People who willfully violate mask/social distancing orders should be arrested. Christianity has nothing to do with it. If they were Christian, they would be following the orders. The police are correct to arrest them, just as any other individual who breaks the law. And when the police do act wrongfully, they should also be held responsible.

Old 09-27-2020, 03:34 AM

4,066 posts, read 2,279,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
People who willfully violate mask/social distancing orders should be arrested. Christianity has nothing to do with it. If they were Christian, they would be following the orders. The police are correct to arrest them, just as any other individual who breaks the law. And when the police do act wrongfully, they should also be held responsible.
And yet they are told to stand down when it comes to rioters and looters. I mean seriously, who’s the bigger threat here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies