Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 06:57 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The vast majority of people who get covid live.
And the vaccine has an even better track record than that. Much better, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 06:58 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
And the vaccine has an even better track record than that. Much better, actually.
People can decide to take it or not. No need for the dramatics. That is what I was responding to.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 4,414,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
what we know now is the biggest side-effect of not getting the vaccine is death.

It depends, it works differently on everybody. I have read where some that took the first dose, wont be going back for the final dose because of the bad side effects.

You wont be able to throw out the mask, thinking you're safe after getting the vaccine. They're not sure if you can still be a carrier of the virus and pass it onto some one else.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:06 PM

18,460 posts, read 15,240,962 times
Quote:
People can decide to take it or not. No need for the dramatics. That is what I was responding to.
I agree, in spirit. As a physician, I just hope the people who are not taking it, are not taking it for valid reasons, rather than misinformation. Some people shouldn't get the vaccine. Other people may end up giving up their lives due to rumor, conspiracy theory, and other BS.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:08 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
handful of people out of hundreds of thousands is not widespread.......

But great finding some hyped up propaganda.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:09 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,233,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocoilslick View Post
When the polio vaccine came out it was produced using horse blood. I mean, who would possibly be allergic to horse blood, right? Turns out a lot of little kids keeled over moments after the shot and were only saved because the nurse was standing by with a shot of adrenalin (epinephrine). There have been similar instances with vaccines grown in egg and other allergenic substances, causing similar distress. Now we got the entire news media and giant pharma co's not telling us what is in there that allergic people need to watch out for. I read somewhere it contains PEG (polyethelene glycol) which is a component of common automotive anti freeze/coolant. Who could be allergic to PEG? For starters anyone that has worked a lot around cars and anti-freeze. If anti-freeze causes rash and irritation when you work around it, you may have something to worry about. If drinking that PEG stuff before a colonoscopy make you sick, you may have similar worries. True IgE allergic reactions tend to happen pretty quick, so I imagine there will be a nurse standing by somewhere with a needle full of adrenalin when the Covid vaccine is administered. Right?
Antifreeze contains ethylene glycol, not polyethylene glycol (PEG). Their toxicities are different.

https://sciencing.com/polyethylene-g...l-5977662.html

"Although they have similar-sounding names, polyethylene glycol and ethylene glycol are very different compounds. In controlled amounts, polyethylene glycol is not harmful if ingested and is an ingredient in laxative medications. Ethylene glycol, by contrast, is very toxic and is best known for its use in antifreeze and deicer solutions."

Some people find it hard to drink the amount of PEG used as a colonoscopy prep and may have some nausea. That is not an allergic reaction. PEG is used in many medications and cosmetics and skin care products.

The allergic reactions have only recently happened, Investigation is underway to determine whether it is due to the PEG or not. No one is deliberately hiding anything. Every site that administers any vaccine has to be prepared to treat allergic reactions. That is not something unique to the COVID-19 vaccines.

Quote:
The vast majority of people who get covid live.
Over 300,000 people in the US have died and we do not yet know how many survivors will be permanently handicapped and perhaps have shortened life spans.

Old 12-22-2020, 07:23 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
This a very good thread.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:35 AM

30,141 posts, read 11,770,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Good for her! Hope the same is true after her second dose.

I'm actually telling my 17 year old son to think about finding a job in a grocery store if it will move him up the list since we have elderly anti-vaxxers out here. I'm middle aged and work from home so Q2 is probably the earliest I'll be eligible.

Interesting idea. I have not been an "employee" for 30 years but I am starting to think a part time supermarket job may be just what the doctor ordered.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:40 AM

6,114 posts, read 4,603,494 times
Does this mean they get skipped over and those of us who want the vaccine move closer to the front of the line? And if they change their mind then they have to wait in line along with everybody else?

Assuming entitled politicians with no known risk factors don't cut in line as they've already done.

Old 12-23-2020, 06:59 AM

1,810 posts, read 897,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
100% untrue. The people that are getting the injection now have only received the first dose. There is still the second vaccination. That’s when most of the problems occur. And further you won’t know if the vaccine really works until those vaccinated folks have been exposed to infected people in close contact. So there is NO track record yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies