Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2020, 07:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Are you willing to wait 5, 10, 15 years while the coronavirus marches on?

Can you give an example of any vaccine that was found to have adverse effects 5, 10, 15 years down the road that are more dangerous than the disease the vaccine prevents?

Would you wait 15 years before using a new antibiotic if it were to be the only thing likely to cure your infection?
There are effective treatments available. The vaccine is not the only option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What kind of long term effects are you afraid of? mRNA doesn't enter the nucleus of the cell, where the DNA is located, and it degrades in a matter of days. It is very fragile. It makes the proteins for a few days, the body produces antibodies to the proteins, and then the mRNA degrades. So what exactly are these long term effects that you think will happen 5, 10, 15 years down the line?

They have been using mRNA therapy in cancer trials for 10 years, without long term effects.
One of my concerns, we don’t know how it will impact those with autoimmune disease or those genetically susceptible to autoimmune disease.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:50 AM

24,649 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Well if you're allergic, pregnant, or immune deficient then you can't take the vaccine

This may outrage liberals but America will never be 100% vaccinated.

Old 12-24-2020, 07:52 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well if you're allergic, pregnant, or immune deficient then you can't take the vaccine

This may outrage liberals but America will never be 100% vaccinated.
Why would that outrage liberals?

Some pregnant women are getting the shot- I saw a pregnant doctor talking about it the other day.

Same as any other vaccine where certain vulnerable populations can't get it. If enough of us do, we can protect them.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:00 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Saw a woman wearing scrubs in Home Depot last night, with no mask on.

If anyone understands how much misinformation and propaganda is being created and spread about this, it's those who work in the industry. One doesn't need to be a virologist or microbiologist to understand that masks designed to stop liquids squirting from patients during surgery won't stop the invisible particles escaping with your breath.

I've talked to a lot of doctors. Mine, plus all of my mom's doctors, which is a lot. None are anywhere near as concerned about this as the general public is. None think the media's fear mongering is justified. One of them thinks it swept through Los Angeles back in February, as his son lives in a dorm at UCLA and the whole building had what was probably C19 back then.

Anyone who willingly takes this vaccine before we have more information about its effects has let their fear control their logic. All the steps that were rushed through exist for a reason. That reason is your safety. Now, all those controls were either removed or severely diminished. Do you really want to take that? I hear now that it doesn't even protect you, yet nobody's bothered to explain what the point of it is, then.

There are about a hundred reasons not to get it, at least right now, and very, very few reasons that justify taking the risks associated with getting it.

Old 12-24-2020, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Why would that outrage liberals?

Some pregnant women are getting the shot- I saw a pregnant doctor talking about it the other day.

Same as any other vaccine where certain vulnerable populations can't get it. If enough of us do, we can protect them.
The vaccine was not tested on pregnant women so these women are really being guinea pigs along with their unborn children. I don’t now why they’d take that risk.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:10 AM

18,114 posts, read 15,696,543 times
Don't want to take the vaccine? Fine, don't. No one is forcing anyone right now. That just leaves more for those who do want and intend to take it.

But, if you're going to spread misinformation when there is published scientific documentation that shows mRNA has been in R&D over a couple decades and wasn't just invented on the fly or on a whim, don't be surprised when that misinformation is addressed. The covid vaccine is based on science, even if you don't understand the science.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:24 AM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
People are beginning to find out that these vaccines have been rushed out way too fast and that they are the guinea pigs. Not to mention that they are using totally experimental mRNA method for which no long term studies exist...
They are just being one horse ponies.

Old 12-24-2020, 09:25 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,581,758 times
Quote:
In other vaccines, such as the hepatitis B vaccine, an individual protein made by that organism is injected instead to trigger a similar response.

mRNA vaccines, however, trick the body into making the viral protein itself which, in turn, triggers an immune response.
I would prefer the former rather than the latter. The less that it intrudes on the body's mechanisms the better. The side effects may be the same since they're primarily an expression of the body's immune system.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:01 AM

37,119 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
There are effective treatments available. The vaccine is not the only option.
There are no 100% effective treatments. That includes ivermectin. Claiming 100% effectiveness without randomized trials is irresponsible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Saw a woman wearing scrubs in Home Depot last night, with no mask on.

If anyone understands how much misinformation and propaganda is being created and spread about this, it's those who work in the industry. One doesn't need to be a virologist or microbiologist to understand that masks designed to stop liquids squirting from patients during surgery won't stop the invisible particles escaping with your breath.

I've talked to a lot of doctors. Mine, plus all of my mom's doctors, which is a lot. None are anywhere near as concerned about this as the general public is. None think the media's fear mongering is justified. One of them thinks it swept through Los Angeles back in February, as his son lives in a dorm at UCLA and the whole building had what was probably C19 back then.

Anyone who willingly takes this vaccine before we have more information about its effects has let their fear control their logic. All the steps that were rushed through exist for a reason. That reason is your safety. Now, all those controls were either removed or severely diminished. Do you really want to take that? I hear now that it doesn't even protect you, yet nobody's bothered to explain what the point of it is, then.

There are about a hundred reasons not to get it, at least right now, and very, very few reasons that justify taking the risks associated with getting it.
Not everyone wearing scrubs is in the health care industry.

We do not have 15 years to casually wait and see whether there are "long term adverse effects" from these vaccines, and there is really no reason to expect there will be.

"All the steps that were rushed through" were still done.

Please list the reasons not to get it. Right now younger children and pregnant women are classes that are on hold and people with severe allergies need to be aware of the risk of anaphylaxis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The vaccine was not tested on pregnant women so these women are really being guinea pigs along with their unborn children. I don’t now why they’d take that risk.
Maybe because they personally perceive the risk of the disease is greater than the risk of the vaccine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies