Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 04:40 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times

Advertisements

zerohedge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 04:47 PM

6,133 posts, read 3,355,504 times
I suspect quite a few health care workers have already had the virus, so why on earth would they bother getting the vaccine?

Old 12-22-2020, 04:51 PM

7,360 posts, read 6,532,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
mRNA is very safe because it can be targeted to directly fight the part of the virus that causes infection. It is thus much less likely to carry baggage that other systems bring to those with immune system disfunction. With social media spread among the uneducated we go from that simple statement to crazy videos being shared that this alters our DNA. As if these halfwits even know what RNA is...
mRNA doesn't "target" a virus, it instructs your cells to produce a part of the virus which your body registers as an invader and thus fights.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:52 PM

648 posts, read 432,226 times
When the polio vaccine came out it was produced using horse blood. I mean, who would possibly be allergic to horse blood, right? Turns out a lot of little kids keeled over moments after the shot and were only saved because the nurse was standing by with a shot of adrenalin (epinephrine). There have been similar instances with vaccines grown in egg and other allergenic substances, causing similar distress. Now we got the entire news media and giant pharma co's not telling us what is in there that allergic people need to watch out for. I read somewhere it contains PEG (polyethelene glycol) which is a component of common automotive anti freeze/coolant. Who could be allergic to PEG? For starters anyone that has worked a lot around cars and anti-freeze. If anti-freeze causes rash and irritation when you work around it, you may have something to worry about. If drinking that PEG stuff before a colonoscopy make you sick, you may have similar worries. True IgE allergic reactions tend to happen pretty quick, so I imagine there will be a nurse standing by somewhere with a needle full of adrenalin when the Covid vaccine is administered. Right?

Old 12-22-2020, 04:59 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,463,567 times
Surprised no one else mentioned this, but Zerohedge, where this finding was reported, is far right financial blog "that rose to popularity in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis, was permanently suspended from Twitter for what the platform deemed as spreading misinformation over the Wuhan coronavirus." A site known specifically for spreading misinformation, specifically about the virus? I would question this finding. Again, not everything you read is a fact.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:10 PM

20,836 posts, read 17,112,746 times
The title of the thread is specious. 95% of our caregivers are getting the vaccine.

There is excitement in the air. Easily one of the greatest scientific achievements in our lifetime.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:15 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What else have we used this mRNA method for in humans?
Well, they are excited about introducing it in vaccines now, so we'll see what they prove in an actual outbreak situation, but it may take a couple of decades before all the side effects are known.

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...he%20Scientist.

The concept of using mRNA to produce useful proteins to fight disease has been around for decades. But until now, no vaccines using this technology have made it this far in clinical trials. The success of the SARS-CoV-2 vaccines “is really good for the RNA field, because until very recently, there were just a handful of people who really believed in mRNA vaccines,” Pardi tells The Scientist. “We now have the chance to really prove [their usefulness] in an actual outbreak situation.”

https://www.newswars.com/mrna-vaccin...irus-response/

"– Research into mRNA vaccines is still in its infancy, even though various biotech pioneers have been working on ways to achieve mRNA vaccines for around two decades. It is very likely that yet more decades of research will be required to achieve acceptable levels of safety and efficacy."

I'll pass!

Old 12-22-2020, 06:19 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
My wife is an RN and got her vaccine yesterday. No complications, no side effects except for a sore arm. I'd prefer the Moderna over Pfizer but will get either one as soon as I can.
Good for her! Hope the same is true after her second dose.

I'm actually telling my 17 year old son to think about finding a job in a grocery store if it will move him up the list since we have elderly anti-vaxxers out here. I'm middle aged and work from home so Q2 is probably the earliest I'll be eligible.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:27 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, they are excited about introducing it in vaccines now, so we'll see what they prove in an actual outbreak situation, but it may take a couple of decades before all the side effects are known.

I'll pass!
what we know now is the biggest side-effect of not getting the vaccine is death.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:51 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
what we know now is the biggest side-effect of not getting the vaccine is death.
The vast majority of people who get covid live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies