Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2020, 01:24 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,205,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The top 1% are evil.
You shouldn't call them evil, but they aren't normal. They have a different personality-profile than the rest of us, and they are trying to recreate the world in their image.

God save us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFl84lGveQs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2020, 01:41 PM

25,718 posts, read 12,793,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You shouldn't call them evil, but they aren't normal. They have a different personality-profile than the rest of us, and they are trying to recreate the world in their image.

God save us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFl84lGveQs
Okay, they are not evil, they are just full of chit

Old 12-23-2020, 02:23 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,559,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Okay, they are not evil, they are just full of chit
So is the 2%er.

Old 12-23-2020, 05:23 PM

25,710 posts, read 18,784,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
Yup. Everyone is free to become president or a billionaire, send our kids to ivy league schools even though they are dummies. We can all pool our money like the billionaires do and accomplish anything we desire. I wonder what is stopping us?
I don't know. That is for you to decide. But I'll tell you one thing: it ain't me.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:34 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,281,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
alot of this describes not the "poor" but the wealthy and corporations. pretty much every time there's a crisis and a stimulus is needed corporations have their hands out ahead of working lower middle class people. Joel Osteen just took out a 4.4 million dollar loan and this man is already rich. Why? Banks get bailouts yet these are people that should have their ducks in a row but they are begging for handouts, while people complain that a person making 30,000k a year is asking for a livable wage or a decent stimulus. And often when these mega corporations get bailouts, the people at the top give themselves raises that just so happen to coincide with the bailouts. They reward themselves for bad behavior and many of these people don't really massive amounts of work all day.

I oppose all corporate bailouts. I opposed them in 2008, I oppose them now. Let them file chapter 11 and weed out all the bad elements and reorganize rather than rewarding them for irresponsible fiscal management. Bankruptcy is the way out. At least in 2008 they were loans and most of them were paid back.

As for the argument the company will go under and lay off everyone, much of the time that does not happen. A lot of the less useful elements might lose their jobs, which is the whole point of bankruptcy... to weed out the excesses and trim the fat.

https://news.delta.com/delta-air-lin...ra-competition

Past shareholders got nothing but that's the risk you take owning stock... bondholders always get paid first.

Old 12-24-2020, 04:41 AM

24,611 posts, read 9,446,498 times
"I hate being the 99% in the richest country on earth"

Well done liberals, I'm sure those in developing countries will have a lot of sympathy for you.

Old 12-24-2020, 05:06 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
"I hate being the 99% in the richest country on earth"

Well done liberals, I'm sure those in developing countries will have a lot of sympathy for you.
Can you go bankrupt and lose your entire life's savings from a random medical diagnosis while being comfortable in the richest country on eartH? Yep. How safe is it to live in America when you can be 1 cancer diagnosis away from losing everything?

Old 12-24-2020, 08:41 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Can you go bankrupt and lose your entire life's savings from a random medical diagnosis while being comfortable in the richest country on eartH? Yep. How safe is it to live in America when you can be 1 cancer diagnosis away from losing everything?
Are you somehow under the false impression that those who live in national health care countries never die from cancer and end up losing everything, anyway?

Old 12-24-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Are you under the impression that you are a slave master and your slaves must be forced to provide medical service to you?

Old 12-24-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
I oppose all corporate bailouts. I opposed them in 2008, I oppose them now. Let them file chapter 11 and weed out all the bad elements and reorganize rather than rewarding them for irresponsible fiscal management. Bankruptcy is the way out. At least in 2008 they were loans and most of them were paid back.

As for the argument the company will go under and lay off everyone, much of the time that does not happen. A lot of the less useful elements might lose their jobs, which is the whole point of bankruptcy... to weed out the excesses and trim the fat.

https://news.delta.com/delta-air-lin...ra-competition

Past shareholders got nothing but that's the risk you take owning stock... bondholders always get paid first.
I oppose all bailouts - corporate or personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies