Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2020, 03:42 PM

889 posts, read 274,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is something that requires an answer, When has there NOT been any hatred in the USA?
people/humans love to hate. its not the usa alone. its in every nook and cranny. we all need an enemy. star belly sneeches and all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2020, 03:42 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,603,614 times
Many do not like truth
We don’t own our stuff

Old 12-26-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
You just joined the biggest group of haters of the
common man and woman out there, republicans!

Just the mere fact you posted about Trump not being a racist
tells us all we need to know. Trump grew up in a nazi loving house, keep that
in mind.
Horrible ,just horrible.
point made here

Old 12-26-2020, 03:56 PM

5,121 posts, read 1,693,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I think it had to do with Trump being in power. The right winger could be all “yea yea, we are in power. Whatever.” While the left were pissed at Trump. I’m betting it swaps once Biden is in power.

You are trying to blame shift, it is due to the Democrats and Democrats propaganda(CNN) hate him after having to eat so much crow by saying he had no chance to win in 2016 among his many successes while President.

Quote:

Hatred has existed in America long before social media was ever a thing. Look at U.S. history. Racial hatred has been part of U.S. history from day one. Look at politics. This country nearly fell apart in something known as the Civil War.

Republicans freed the slaves! Now Republications are going to stop the steal.

Quote:
And then other things like clashes between immigrants and the native-born. The Nativist Know-Nothing Party was anti-Catholic and xenophobic. And this was directed towards immigrants from Ireland and Germany. There were some clashes between Catholics and Protestants in America. Anyone who thinks this is limited to the Troubles in Ireland, look at American history (the KKK also hated Catholics).

The KKK is yet another Democrat formed hate group, they just arent as new as Antifa or BLM.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So what are you doing about the genocide the USA committed? Are you promoting the teaching of it? Do you care? Why or why not?
nothing, no, no. we have enough going on in the PRESENT to be riled up over the past.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:25 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,629,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You may want to remove the tape from your mouth and double check that --- hint the numbers can be found on the Census Bureau, web site --- need the link?
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Sure ,

Many of my neighbors work a couple of jobs and
get one paid week of vacation a year.
It took me a minute to find where it was I got the information. I'm working on a blog and I'm centering it around the events of the 1960s --- I downloaded the file --- I can link to where I found the stats, but I'm not doing your work for you, because I can't.

Publications

On that page sort (tick mark the filter range) for the (year) information you want, download the facts sheets and enjoy. Work life balance has continued to decline over the last 60 years --- length of work day, family time, vacations --- I can't give you by what % as I have yet do anything but skim the numbers.

Your neighbors are working two jobs rather than one and you think that's better? wow, okay. Judging from that, those stats may be lost on you.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:26 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,736,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
Many do not like truth
We don’t own our stuff
You mean like own “the home that we live in “ due to having to pay outrageous property taxes? To me, living here is a constant battle to stay afloat or get ahead with government holding us down and not providing things in return.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:29 PM

24,075 posts, read 15,189,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
Bone 1791 - WOW, what do you call the Biden family money laundering business?

When they stop teaching American and World History in schools the door is open for totalitarianism instead of freedom. We need to step back and take a look at why the media is so corrupt, schools teach not to respect home, city, county, state, and country. Many people today are just manipulated by those who want to change American, and not for the good.
Do you regularly attend your school board meeting and talk to the superintendent regarding curriculum?

Most schools I am aware of teach American history and civics.

Old 12-26-2020, 04:38 PM

7,977 posts, read 5,010,733 times
generally hate comes from the hate of their direct authority. People hate others because their sole reason is of hating their parents and if they dont hate their parents they hate what their "other" parent government masters did to them. Abuse of authority is abuse of authority regardless of where it comes from and abuse of ACTION means a reaction. We get tyranny and injustice from all walks of life but generally there is a direct abuse of authority and injustice which causes it

Old 12-26-2020, 04:42 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,629,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Do you regularly attend your school board meeting and talk to the superintendent regarding curriculum?

Most schools I am aware of teach American history and civics.
50 states, 50 different ways of teaching America's past

Why schools have stopped teaching American history

Forgotten Purpose: Civics Education in Public Schools

"Unfortunately, such a rigorous civics education is not available to all students. Until the 1960s, it was common for American high school students to have three separate courses in civics and government. But civics offerings were slashed as the curriculum narrowed over the ensuing decades, and lost further ground to “core subjects” under the NCLB-era standardized testing regime."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies