Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2020, 09:36 PM

1,943 posts, read 568,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
They came here to escape the King's rule --- had they thought those rule applied and they should continue, there would not be an America as we know it today, to complain about.
All very true. The thing about rules, there are those which suppress individual rights such as your example of the King's rule. There too are rules for the betterment of the people, with protections and provisions for individual rights. Rules that touch practically every aspect of our lives. Would anyone want to live in a society with no rules? (we've had a taste of that)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 09:41 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,942,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
I’ve traveled the world and only in the US do I see so much hate between political parties and even between individual states and people of different ethnicities. Why so? Why do us Americans put so much energy into foaming at the mouth hate?

I believe it may partially be due to US citizen’s mass infatuation with social media and news networks that are more opinion pieces looking for high ratings (aka money) than getting out facts and actual news. This all divides us even more.

Let’s try to have a civil conversation here. No need to rant about the left or right. No need for name calling.

Why is there so much hate in the USA? What is causing it?
Your premise is off. I've seen members of other countries officials in their parliaments/government establishments duke it out. Yet you've "traveled the world" and haven't seen it? Riiiight

Old 12-27-2020, 09:43 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,942,725 times
Quote:
They came here to escape the King's rule --- had they thought those rule applied and they should continue, there would not be an America as we know it today, to complain about.
We replaced British tyranny with our own tyranny. The government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take it away.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:47 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,433,474 times
Quote:
Why is there so much Hate in the United States?
Well over 99% of the population believe in the legitimacy of the State.

You have to hate your own life to buy that load of crap.

Old 12-27-2020, 09:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,628,773 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
All very true. The thing about rules, there are those which suppress individual rights such as your example of the King's rule. There too are rules for the betterment of the people, with protections and provisions for individual rights. Rules that touch practically every aspect of our lives. Would anyone want to live in a society with no rules? (we've had a taste of that)
When in the history of mankind has there never been a ruler and/or rules?

Old 12-27-2020, 09:57 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,069,105 times
The left has utilized hate to get their president elected. Race, sex, religion, age, and making sure we hate our country! That is the. leftist at work. Look at California. WOW! They are destroying our great country. Even going after Columbus that was way back in the 1490's!!!!! Yes, 1490's, like we could even survive back then!!!! That is the leftist way. Make all white men feel lousy! That is what they do. Once they get rid of all white men because of depression, they will get everything they want. Venezuela. I honestly don't think there is anyway to stop it to be honest. All great things come to an end. The leftists will be our countries demise.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:02 PM

1,943 posts, read 568,511 times
Quote:
When in the history of mankind has there never been a ruler and/or rules?
That is not my contention. The point is, there is seemingly (to me anyway) a substantial increase in the numbers who think and act as though rules don't apply to them. Maybe 'lawlessness' would be another descriptor. That does not bring about unity in a society or country which is why I answered the original question as I did. When in the history of mankind has a country divided against itself had a positive outcome?

Old 12-27-2020, 10:21 PM

8,390 posts, read 6,493,253 times
I hate Democrats more than they hate me.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:24 PM

10,798 posts, read 3,617,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
And in return, I reserve the right to call you out for your painfully obvious trolling of this forum with antagonistic anti-American rhetoric. Your hack is old, and it comes from an interloping Canadian. Everyone should be aware of that.
I speak the truth, and you are well aware of that. I'm sorry if that is a problem for you. Feel free to block me.

Old 12-27-2020, 10:25 PM

3,669 posts, read 2,767,558 times
Combing through all the responses and disregarding attack posts and posts blaming one side or another, it seems that the hate between Americans is being created mainly by bias talk radio and opinion “news networks” disguised as actual news taking advantage of our fears to pit us against each other for ratings and thus profit.

That combined with US citizen’s undying devotion to Social Media, which is often full of conspiracy theories and fake news, on BOTH sides.

The above seems to be dividing and destroying our country.

I strongly believe most Americans are moderates.

God bless and may we get through this together. Happy New Year!

Thank you ALL for replying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies