Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which of these dystopian scenarios will we move towards the most in 2021 and beyond?
Left Behind (Tim Lahaye) 6 10.17%
The 12 Monkeys 0 0%
Soylent Green 2 3.39%
The Terminator 1 1.69%
1984 (George Orwell) 32 54.24%
The Hunger Games 1 1.69%
I Robot 0 0%
Battlestar Gallactica 1 1.69%
The Stand (Stephen King) 2 3.39%
Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand) 2 3.39%
Chappie 0 0%
Something else (please post and explain) 12 20.34%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 11:09 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times

Advertisements

In support of the suggestion that even 1984 is not taking it far enough, the Democrat party controlled House of Representatives is apparently proposing a rules package for this next term which would erase 'gendered terms' such as Father, Mother, Son and Daughter.

Quote:
Proposed House Rules Seek To Erase Gendered-Terms Such As 'Father', 'Mother', 'Son', & 'Daughter'

Leaders in the House of Representatives announced on Friday a rules package for the 117th Congress that includes a proposal to use “gender-inclusive language” and eliminate gendered terms such as “‘father, mother, son, daughter,” and more.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rules Committee Chairman James McGovern (D-Mass.) announced on Friday that the rules package includes changes that would “honor all gender identities by changing pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender neutral.”

A separate announcement from McGovern (pdf) said that the Democratic rules package will make “Changes [to] pronouns and familial relationships in the House rules to be gender neutral or removes references to gender, as appropriate, to ensure we are inclusive of all Members, Delegates, Resident Commissioners and their families—including those who are nonbinary.”
Let's be clear. There are two sexes, male and female. Or if you prefer, man and woman, or boy and girl. It is all the same. If you have a Y chromosome, you are a male. If you only have X chromosomes, you are a female.

This 'nonbinary' business is the talk of true lunatics who are gaslighting our society in an absolutely monstrous and evil manner. Seeing this being formally proposed for adoption into the rules of the US House of Representatives is a clear validation of the concerns that this thread is seriously proposing and expressing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2021, 12:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,612,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
In support of the suggestion that even 1984 is not taking it far enough, the Democrat party controlled House of Representatives is apparently proposing a rules package for this next term which would erase 'gendered terms' such as Father, Mother, Son and Daughter.

Let's be clear. There are two sexes, male and female. Or if you prefer, man and woman, or boy and girl. It is all the same. If you have a Y chromosome, you are a male. If you only have X chromosomes, you are a female.

This 'nonbinary' business is the talk of true lunatics who are gaslighting our society in an absolutely monstrous and evil manner. Seeing this being formally proposed for adoption into the rules of the US House of Representatives is a clear validation of the concerns that this thread is seriously proposing and expressing.
I dont see how they could even do such a thing, some of the implications would be DRASTIC...especially involving criminal laws!

Old 01-02-2021, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I dont see how they could even do such a thing, some of the implications would be DRASTIC...especially involving criminal laws!
They do not care about the damage. They have lost their minds.

Old 01-02-2021, 06:45 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Democracy is gone now that the Democrats know how to steal elections.
Get a dose of reality!

Old 01-02-2021, 07:21 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,034 times
4. “It is in your nature to destroy yourselves “

Old 01-03-2021, 11:05 AM

Over half of the people responding to the poll have chose George Orwell's 1984. That is interesting and probably a higher degree of agreement than I was anticipating.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:08 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelphi_sky View Post
Other.

You forgot Handmaid's Tale. lol
This should have been included, though I think the Christian nationalist regime we are headed towards will look more like V for Vendetta.

Women won't be enslaved as handmaids, but the entire country will be forced to follow a strict set of social norms with severe punishment for any defectors.

Old 01-03-2021, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This should have been included, though I think the Christian nationalist regime we are headed towards will look more like V for Vendetta.

Women won't be enslaved as handmaids, but the entire country will be forced to follow a strict set of social norms with severe punishment for any defectors.
Which is exactly what your people - the aggressively intolerant, "woke," "Political correctness" obsessed, Democrat left, with their insistence on lock-downs, mandated mask-wearing, advocacy for mandated vaccinations for all, and of course riots, looting, harassment and intimidation of those who do not have the right skin color, or who heaven for bid, believe that Jesus is God and that the government establishment is not - have been pushing us towards in no uncertain terms.

You make a good point. I wish I had included that choice. To be honest, I have not read or seen it, so I probably failed to do so because I just was not sufficiently familiar with it. But it does sound like an appopriate selection for the poll. Thank you for mentioning it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies