Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2021, 08:29 AM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No one wants to talk about what she had planned once she breached the barrier. She was not there to make small talk. The cop rightly assumed her motives were not benign.
The news just said the officer died... so now there's a federal murder investigation now. So this particular officer is right to assume that motives of any rioter is not benign.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
You mean the same congress members who embraced and supported the rioters last summer when it was only us ordinary people suffering through it? The same congress people who write bills to strip us of our liberties and threaten us with lethal violence if we fail to comply and surrender our freedoms? I have no sympathy for any of them anymore. They are not entitled to our respect. They are the cause of our nation's division and other problems. And the capitol building belongs to us not them alone.
Deflection..... two wrongs don't make a right... comparison of riots in the streets to an attack on Capitol building while Congress in session. Might as well throw in a play to emotion too. By this logic, you are justifying all attacks on government buildings because riots in the streets... it is neither logical nor sufficient.

I don't agree with the rioters during the summer either....

I also didn't see a rally to incite the riots either.

"Let's have trail by combat"
- Rudy Giuliani 1/6/2021 "Save America" rally.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:33 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Deflection..... two wrongs don't make a right... comparison of riots in the streets to an attack on Capitol building while Congress in session.

I don't agree with the rioters during the summer either....

I also didn't see a rally to incite the riots either.

"Let's have trail by combat"
- Rudy Giuliani 1/6/2021 "Save America" rally.
Kamala Harris was bailing out rioters in MN. Looks like karma to me.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:34 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
The press interviewed a young man who was standing with her. He had her blood on his hand. He stated that she was in the crowd, all of which were pressing forward. She was in front of him. The cops shouted for everyone to back off/retreat. Everyone did but her. That's when the cop fired. She was essentially right in front and above him and she fell back immediately after being shot and that's how he got her blood on him. He pretty much stated that she was the one who did not back off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
She was the only one that got passed the barricade. So the cop really did show a lot of self restraint when he did not fire on multiple protesters who did not breach the barricade even though they tried. The uniformed cops with assault rifles were not in direct protection of congress members.... there is no reason for them to fire on them.

These are all criminals in the highest sense that they didn't just break into a Walmart or some store... they broke into Capitol building with the highest level of officials are currently located.

I'd say what's wrong with you? Capitol building and members of Congress were threatened and that is a direct threat on the US... you back them?
Did you guys watch the video I linked?

"Everyone backed off but her"? Rofl, in the videos I watched, there were people ramming the barricade over and over again, someone says "bust it down" right before she is shot, and it appears that a couple of the men even helped her up as she climbed into the doorway.

There were three police officers that had been standing in that doorway literally 5 seconds before she is shot, who had just walked towards the stairwell with several other officers with assault rifles.

Don't take my word on it, watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYz...ctr=1610119422

Old 01-08-2021, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Kamala Harris was bailing out rioters in MN. Looks like karma to me.
What makes you think I cared nor voted for Kamala? What makes you think her actions have any bearing on what happened at the Capitol building?

No leg to stand on... so resort to deflection.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:35 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
How about they let the investigation unfold before deciding where fault lies? If the officer acted inappropriately, then let him suffer the consequences. If not, then the actions of the woman in question are 100% responsible for her own death.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,941,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
And it's especially sad because she was white.
And it's really sad that melanin is all you see in life.

Don't worry, you have plenty on the other side who think like you.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

"Everyone backed off but her"? Rofl, in the videos I watched, there were people ramming the barricade over and over again, someone says "bust it down" right before she is shot, and it appears that a couple of the men even helped her up as she climbed into the doorway.

There were three police officers that had been standing in that doorway literally 5 seconds before she is shot, who had just walked towards the stairwell with several other officers with assault rifles.

I watched it before you did apparently... lol

Yes.. several times. Witness (guy who stood right behind her) reported that she was warned by police and proceeded anyways. The person who yelled "bust it down" was one of the people filming the incident. You just proved the point... she and only she climbed into the doorway before being shot. Meaning she was the only one that breached the barricade. Police warned her and she ignored them.

I don't see how being helped, urged, or the presence of other officers changes the situation at all. She and she alone breached a barricade after being warned.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:39 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,668,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrYz...ctr=1610119422
I've watched it several times. It was the officers on the OTHER side of the door/glass that are standing in the far end of the video screen that were telling them to back up. This amateur video was shot on the riot side and all the audio is coming from that side. Due the chaos and the loudness, the video recording cannot possibly pick up the sounds from the officers in front of her with guns. That witness, though, heard it. She was the only one going through.

Old 01-08-2021, 08:44 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Anyone who believes the police did not respond appropriately when our leaders' lives were threatened by an out of control mob, some of whom had guns, pipe bombs, and Molotov cocktails, are you:

-against guns?

-against defending your castle?

-against self defense?

-against backing the blue?

Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies