Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 04:29 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Not true, though.

Those with college degrees and make six figures working in fields like IT, Finance, Law, Healthcare, etc.. usually vote democrat.

Those in non-union labor fields such as carpentry, welding, plumbing, truck driving, etc... and make six figures usually vote republican.
Yes, true.

You're attempting to redefine "educated" to meet a leftist elite standard. People are jumping that train en mass. The truly educated....yes, including suburbanites....voted for Trump for the simple reason that they knew a vote for Trump was a vote for America, a vote for their own interests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2021, 11:30 AM

1,743 posts, read 960,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
taking Covid seriously
The George Floyd protests
This ^

Trump utterly bungled his response to COVID. Although on the whole he supported the right policies, his rhetoric, tweets, and optics were a total failure. As president, despite it being an election year, he should have tried to bring the country together to fight COVID, acted like he took it seriously, showed empathy, encourage people to wear masks, etc. He failed in all this. I think he was right to take a tough stand against the violence, looting, and destruction that resulted from the George Floyd protests, but again he failed to use his office to promote unity.

Ultimately, it was Trump’s deeply flawed personality and character that did him in. I have stated several times in these forums that I voted for Trump due to his policies, and not for him as a person. If the Democrats didn’t have so many bad ideas and disastrous policy positions, I could have easily voted for Biden, despite my misgivings about his family profiting off of his position.

Old 01-29-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
This ^

Trump utterly bungled his response to COVID. Although on the whole he supported the right policies, his rhetoric, tweets, and optics were a total failure. As president, despite it being an election year, he should have tried to bring the country together to fight COVID, acted like he took it seriously, showed empathy, encourage people to wear masks, etc. He failed in all this. I think he was right to take a tough stand against the violence, looting, and destruction that resulted from the George Floyd protests, but again he failed to use his office to promote unity.

Ultimately, it was Trump’s deeply flawed personality and character that did him in. I have stated several times in these forums that I voted for Trump due to his policies, and not for him as a person. If the Democrats didn’t have so many bad ideas and disastrous policy positions, I could have easily voted for Biden, despite my misgivings about his family profiting off of his position.
It amazes me how few people in our culture today, essentially no one under 50, has ever seen real courage. So when they see it in President Trump, the best President anyone alive today has ever seen in action, they're so befuddled that they consider it as "deeply flawed". Couldn't be further from the truth.

President Trump's personality was perfect for these bizarre times and was exactly what was needed to mount a last ditch fight for freedom. As you've seen, what freedom and sanity our President was able to restore didn't last 24 hours into the new regime....under orders from above to continue the complete dismantling of America begun in early 2009.

It's over....absent another big surprise ahead of us. Given how the leftist criminal mob has now completely rigged the game, it'll take a bigger surprise than we can realistically imagine.

One thing's for sure. Given the quicksand America is sinking into, there's one and only one man with a ghost of a chance of pulling it out. Donald J Trump. Why? Because he's the one man courageous enough to take on the challenge and do what it takes to win.

Deeply flawed? You're describing the mindset of two generations of young Americans programmed to see all through a lens that turns reality upside down.

Old 01-30-2021, 09:38 AM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
https://amgreatness.com/2021/01/29/c...he-cookie-jar/

The answer would have been to start earlier on dealing with the fraud.

"...And here’s an uglier and more depressing truth we need to embrace: They rigged the election in front of our very eyes because we weren’t smart enough, tough enough, and most importantly, not powerful enough to stop them. That’s something we desperately need to fix before 2024, and election integrity efforts led by Senators Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Josh Hawley (R-Mo.) and Rand Paul (R-Ky.)—not coincidentally three of the top targets of the left-wing mob—are a vital part of that effort.

To be clear, there are some important ways in which I differ from Trump and some of his supporters on the nature of the election-rigging that took place. While I have not reviewed every detail of each claim, reports that I have examined of hacked Dominion machines, mass-switched votes, or other overt fraud at the level to have changed the election results ranges from the somewhat unlikely to the outlandish. President Trump did not help his own case by amplifying some of the more implausible of these theories. But direct fraud is mostly for amateurs. The Democrats were pros, stacking the deck so heavily in advance that they could be virtually certain the cards would play out in their favor.

In this context, it is important to note the closeness of the race: just 44,000 votes in three states, a total of 0.013 percent of the total votes cast nationwide, would have needed to be switched from Biden to Trump to have handed President Trump a victory. In a free and fair U.S. election, Donald Trump would have certainly been reelected, and probably reelected easily.

So while I remain somewhat skeptical about the mass rigging of the vote count itself, most assuredly everything else about the election was rigged.

The voter registration and the voting process was rigged:....

The tech platforms were rigged. Facebook and Twitter deplatformed some of Trump’s most powerful and influential online supporters....

The debates were rigged. The Presidential Debate Commission, as Bob Dole noted, had no Trump supporters on it. Yet we were supposed to assume the debates were “fair” despite the obvious bias in the moderators’ questions and subjects.

The public polls were rigged....

The voting process was rigged. Numbers of rejected mail-in ballots were often an order of magnitude lower this year than in previous years. With mail-in voting being overwhelmingly done by Democrats, this was a tremendous partisan advantage. The extension of voting to weeks, rather than having it conducted only on Election Day or over a couple of days again helped the Democrats bring out their marginal voters. There were extensions of balloting before and beyond dates allowed in state constitutions. That’s to say nothing of ballot harvesting and ballot “curing” done on heretofore unprecedented scales.

The media was rigged....."

Old 01-30-2021, 04:35 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,352,455 times
If his twitter account had been closed after his inauguration and he had quit the bombastic rhetoric, he would have buried that senile doofus Biden in a landslide.
But it wasn’t, and he didn’t, so now we are saddled with a cabal of radical idiots for 4 years.

Trump played it as stupidly as any politician I’ve ever seen.

Old 01-30-2021, 05:58 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Trump lost the election because of his mental illness. If he'd been Ronald Reagan while following the same set of policies, he likely would have won handily.

Old 01-30-2021, 07:46 PM

Clearly, the nonsense will continue to flow as long as the thread is open. TDS is a mental disease that poses a much greater threat to our country's well-being and security than COVID and every other disease all added together ever could. Too hard on my blood pressure to keep being drawn back here by my thread subscription, so I've had to end it.

Look in the mirror, Trump bashers, and say hello to your future's worst enemy.

Old 01-31-2021, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Trump lost the election because of his mental illness. If he'd been Ronald Reagan while following the same set of policies, he likely would have won handily.
I think you may be correct, but is it really mental illness or just a massive narcissistic ego... coupled with early dementia? Or all three?

Old 01-31-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Clearly, the nonsense will continue to flow as long as the thread is open. TDS is a mental disease that poses a much greater threat to our country's well-being and security than COVID and every other disease all added together ever could. Too hard on my blood pressure to keep being drawn back here by my thread subscription, so I've had to end it.

Look in the mirror, Trump bashers, and say hello to your future's worst enemy.
That too, I think is true. The democrats became totally unhinged when their goddess Hillary went down.
So to speak.

Old 01-31-2021, 09:24 AM

1,203 posts, read 619,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yes, true.

You're attempting to redefine "educated" to meet a leftist elite standard. People are jumping that train en mass. The truly educated....yes, including suburbanites....voted for Trump for the simple reason that they knew a vote for Trump was a vote for America, a vote for their own interests.
The Republicans do poorly with those who have college degrees. They only have a slight plurality with white male college grads
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...lls-2016-2020/

The Republicans base is the white uneducated voter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies