Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2021, 01:38 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times

Advertisements

A very consistent Trump speech. That is, full of lies.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-c...52314133888df6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 08:09 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
His main adviser Mr. Hannity said it was a "new hoax" to bludgeon the President with. Whether he meant the virus itself or the medias treatment of it, the message was sent to his faithful viewers....it ain't serious. You know that's what lie was sold..I realize it would take some humility to admit it, but try.

The President blatantly admitted himself later that he downplayed the virus intentionally. He never said "the virus is a hoax".

Both people made bad decisions and people and the country were hurt.

A person who puts themselves into the political arena is a political target and should understand that aspect once they run for office. Dead kids and parents should not be political targets for lowlife losers from Texas. You should be smart enough to figure out the difference.
well, again, here's the precise quote:

https://www.newshounds.us/sean_hanni...x_proof_031920

Quote:
First, we have Hannity #1 in a phone interview with Rep. Doug Collins on March 9: "I think we’ve got to be very real with the American people. I don’t like how we are scaring people. Unnecessarily. And that is that unless you have an immune system that’s compromised and you are older and you have other underlying health issues, you are not going to die, 99%, from this virus, correct?”

Collins (Trump-GA) is not a physician but he validated Hannity’s cavalier attitude. “That’s correct, Sean,” he said.

HANNITY #1: Alright, so that’s the point. I mean, this scaring the living hell out of people -- I see it, again, as like, oh, let's bludgeon Trump with this new hoax.
on March 9, was it true that if "you're not older and (should have said "or") have other underlying health issues" that there was a 99% survival rate?

Is it true today?

Is it true that Hannity's "faithful viewers" skew older?

the stats are out there. They can be found readily.

We know the CDC said months ago the deaths had just under 3 co-morbidities on average.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ns/ar-BB18wrA7

and that does not include age. Here's the age stats for cases and deaths:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#demographics

81.1% of deaths are 65+
only 14.3% of cases are 65+

To date, that math works out to:

53,441 < 65 deaths
15,105,864 < 65 cases. = 99.65% survival rate for under 65

Old 01-20-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WHERE did the post you responded to mention 'drinking bleach'?
oh, they didn't. It's just the 2nd most popular Covid lie repeated ad nauseum by the left and MSM. And the exact video of it is readily available.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
I agree with you there. But given his very strong following, had Trump actually provided sound guidance and set an example, many would have at least gotten behind the idea of a unified response and given science a chance, as imperfect as the science was and still is. But we never got that opportunity as a country, and Trump had a very big role in it. All he had to do was wear a stupid mask and really took this pandemic seriously. It isn’t that much to ask of anyone, let alone the President of the United States.
See, believe it or not, folks on both sides can generally agree on some things, and that Trump didn't handle it well.

I would disagree that he didn't take it seriously, but he certainly should have been wearing a mask. Where he fubar'd was the President's job - messaging. He's not in charge of the stockpile, or the science, or the medicine. He's not in charge of creating the vaccine, approving it, distributing it or sticking needles in arms. But we don't LISTEN to thoos poplee. We listen to the POTUS. And yes, he rightly knew but was his job to ignore or out-message the politicization of the virus.

Perhaps he could have said:

Quote:
"Wear a mask" and social distance - not because you're sick, but because ANYONE can have the virus and not even know it yet, but be spreading it. Even I wear a mask because, even though I'm tested 3x a week, I could still have it, or those around me could have it and not know it."
I knew and said here - we would have much worse effects than most nations for 3 main reasons:

Widely diverse population
Decentralized government/authority
Freedom and liberty central to our psyche

Old 01-20-2021, 08:36 AM

so, for example, when we read this* from May 7:

Quote:
Mr Trump has been mask averse for weeks. Within minutes of the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announcing its updated mask recommendations, he said, “I don’t think that I’m going to be doing it.”

The Associated Press reports that Mr Trump has told advisors he believes wearing one would “send the wrong message,” according to one administration and two campaign officials not authorised to publicly discuss private conversations.

The president reportedly feels it would look like he is preoccupied with health instead of focused on reopening the nation’s economy — which his aides believe is the key to his reelection chances.
So, somebody that advises him was too dumb or otherwise unable to get through to him the simple message - no, it DOES matter and focusing on health RIGHT NOW is more important.

*I didn't include the part of "reportedly he said 'it makes me look ridiculous'" because while many "know" that sounds just like him, it's never been verified.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:40 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Crazy he’s actually gone. He should of taken this tone weeks ago. Despite his flaws, I thank Trump for following through on his promises. We had success under his presidency, wages climbed, unemployment dropped and America thrived pre covid. I’ll never forget that his polices worked to bring success to our citizens of all classes. And most of all, great job on foreign policy! No new wars while being tough on our adversaries, the administration did a great job walking that fine line.

Best highlights from the administration were economic/trade and foreign policy along with border protection. He really did accomplish a lot in 4 years.
Especially when you consider the democrats were planning impeachment before he even took office. The leftist media and democrats fought him tooth and nail the entire time. They have been part and parcel to dividing this country.

In the words of my fellow citizens from the other side of the aisle - Biden's presidency = RESIST & IMPEACH

And the think is, I agree with some more liberal views, but what I saw the last 4 years from you all was absolutely disgusting and un-American.

Resist and Impeach!

Old 01-20-2021, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
A very consistent Trump speech. That is, full of lies.

https://apnews.com/article/ap-fact-c...52314133888df6

well, their first fact check is about what we've become accustomed to from their "fact-checking".

Do you think Fauci etal were telling us a vaccine would be here by December?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/12/fauc...effective.html

Old 01-20-2021, 08:55 AM
bu2

24,106 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowen View Post
While we're on the topic of Obama, his administration had already placed a national pandemic playbook in place and it was in the possession of the trump administration. Trump refused to use it, instead deciding to politicize the pandemic and downplaying all of the advice of the scientists and pitting states against each other to procure PPE etc.
Even the Obama people admit they bombed SARS. They were lucky.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:01 AM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
If you can, give us a link to "drink bleach" moment too.
Quote:
oh, they didn't. It's just the 2nd most popular Covid lie repeated ad nauseum by the left and MSM. And the exact video of it is readily available.
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me."- https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/th...ctant-remarks/

He may not have used the word drinking but he did suggest he was "interested' in the idea of introducing a disinfectant into the body. Terrible thing to say without regard for how some people may have interpreted that. It's an great indication of how little he understands his constituents and how poorly he communicates his ideas clearly. Not a good thing in a President, especially when that same lack of communication skills results in what happened at the Capitol.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me."- https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/th...ctant-remarks/

He may not have used the word drinking but he did suggest he was "interested' in the idea of introducing a disinfectant into the body. Terrible thing to say without regard for how some people may have interpreted that. It's an great indication of how little he understands his constituents and how poorly he communicates his ideas clearly. Not a good thing in a President, especially when that same lack of communication skills results in what happened at the Capitol.
give me a google count on "introduce a disinfectant" vs "drink bleach", and we can go further.

Think about the IV chemotherapy and other very strong drugs that we "inject inside" people or otherwise administer.

Because as to the end of your post, I already agreed his messaging (communication skills) sucked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies