Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 03:17 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,293,021 times

Advertisements

That was perhaps the best speech of his presidency. If he gave more speeches like this rather than tweeting he would have gotten re-elected. Belling gave a good analysis of the speech just now on his show... he really did try to do what his voters wanted him to do.. give individuals a voice rather than silencing them which is where we appear to be headed in 2021 and going forward... I don't want to bias the thread too much so I'll leave it at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5_d3DUdR4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 03:25 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
That was perhaps the best speech of his presidency. If he gave more speeches like this rather than tweeting he would have gotten re-elected. Belling gave a good analysis of the speech just now on his show... he really did try to do what his voters wanted him to do.. give individuals a voice rather than silencing them which is where we appear to be headed in 2021 and going forward... I don't want to bias the thread too much so I'll leave it at that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5_d3DUdR4
Didn't listen to it all but it was the most Presidential thing he ever did. Sad he waited until the end. If he had given a speech like this early in regard to covid, minimal bragging and maximal leadership, things might have been better.

Instead he and his main adviser Sean Hannity decided to call it a hoax. that's why he lost the election.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:32 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,565,172 times
It is so weird that he can’t even bring himself to say Biden’s name.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 10 days ago)

35,636 posts, read 17,982,736 times
Well, there were some things he did, and did well. The stock market did well under his administration - the rich got richer - so there's that. His administration did well with peace in the middle east, and under his administration regulations for building infrastructure and buildings have been streamlined so that work can be done in a more timely manner.

But please.

His outright assault on the media, by kicking reporters out of the white house if they said negative things, and a 4 year blast on mainstream media calling them 'fake news', saying he was working for ALL of America, saying when he drove through adoring throngs he knew they weren't cheering for him but for our country, give me a break.

And then his months long temper tantrum pretending he won, culminating in inciting a riot to kill VP Pence, it's too much to sit there and listen to him paint over his grievous leadership errors of the last 4 years and especially the last year. He has destroyed a major portion of our country's citizens ability to discern truth. And now, because of what he told them to do, hundreds of them are going to prison.

No one has ever said he didn't have great speech writers at his disposal, and this has certainly borne that out. He read that thing, word for word and you know he didn't write it because at one point he didn't seem to know what one of the words was. For once, he managed to restrain himself from going off script from a lovely piece of rhetoric written for him, and we're all thankful for at least that. He got right up there and read someone else's words and thoughts without interjecting his own.

Now, scram.

Last edited by ClaraC; 01-19-2021 at 03:58 PM..

Old 01-19-2021, 03:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Didn't listen to it all but it was the most Presidential thing he ever did. Sad he waited until the end. If he had given a speech like this early in regard to covid, minimal bragging and maximal leadership, things might have been better.

Instead he and his main adviser Sean Hannity decided to call it a hoax. that's why he lost the election.
can you link us to the time Trump called the virus a hoax? See, this may be the same spreading "outright lies" you're so worked up about.

If you can, give us a link to "drink bleach" moment too.

Old 01-19-2021, 03:56 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
The speech writer did a great job and it was good it was taped and presented in such a professional manner.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:01 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,297 times
It makes me think Trump could have been a great president. All he needed was to have an average level of the honesty and dignity.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
CNN did not show it at the time FOX and Newsmax were showing it.

Does anyone know if they aired it at all?

Old 01-19-2021, 04:03 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
It makes me think Trump could have been a great president. All he needed was to have an average level of the honesty and dignity.
Impossible. Those traits don’t exist in trump. trump was always destined to be a crap president, nothing more.

Old 01-19-2021, 04:04 PM

12,062 posts, read 10,279,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
can you link us to the time Trump called the virus a hoax? See, this may be the same spreading "outright lies" you're so worked up about.

If you can, give us a link to "drink bleach" moment too.
Here’s what Trump said:

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa. They can’t even count. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes.

"One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was not a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies