Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 07:49 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,418,723 times

Advertisements

Trump was not a warmonger. Gets no credit for that from Dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2021, 07:54 PM

9,445 posts, read 5,208,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
The man is literally a factory of weird. Three shifts, no holidays off.
I don't agree with you but this is a funny line. I might have to borrow it.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:59 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
"This" is their criticism of his handling of the virus.

You want him to have called the virus a hoax. And this is as close as you are going to get, so you will take it, and you are not going to let go.
I watched one of his rallies where he went on and on about how Barron got it and it was nothing. He called Faucci names. He did many things to undermine credibility when we needed it. When it was justified.

I don't know if he actually called it a hoax, but he undermined it just like he did our e,ection, which laid the fiundation for 1/6.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:02 PM

1,951 posts, read 699,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Then you of all people should appreciate how devastating Trump’s lies were. There is a reason anti-maskers and “open up” folks are aligned with Trump: because he started a culture war on science when our country should have been listening to science. We are never going to know how many lives could have been saved had the leader of the most advanced nation in the world actually 1. told the truth and 2. not made mitigation efforts a flashpoint in the pandemic culture war.

But here we are, from CA to NY, anti-mask idiots purposely defying public health guidance and mandates because they feel emboldened by Trump. The virus is not much different here than it is in Taiwan or New Zealand. The only reason a sparsely populated state like SD would even experience a surge with thousands unnecessarily dying is that Trump made our response one of culture wars and conspiracy theories. He cared only about how a pandemic would affect his reelection prospects, not American lives. Meanwhile, places like Taiwan and Japan have near total compliance and very low incidence of infection and death rate.

So no, one cannot excuse Trump’s mendacity and say this pandemic would have been terrible in the US regardless. In fact, of all people, healthcare professionals taking care of COVID patients should recognize the role Trump’s utter failure played in making the US the worst hit country in the world with one of the highest death rates among developed nations.
Don't know how you can say Japan is fine
Taiwan and nZ are very good, but they have locked itself out of the world since last Jan or March
You can blame Trump for everything. However, it still could not explain why more than 100K death in the last 2months?
It was moot pt unless you believed Regan told people to wear masks and all of the Americans would do.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The speech writer did a great job and it was good it was taped and presented in such a professional manner.
If only he had conducted himself in that manner for the last 4 years and especially the last 2 months.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,877,477 times
Quote:
You cant compare us to tiny countries, where the governments have far more control over their populations. Much of the world has different cultures, constitutions, expectations, and norms than we do. I agree that Trump handled this whole pandemic poorly. Hell, it lost him the election. If he handled it well, he would have won the election in a landslide. But it wasn't the lie in February. It was all the stuff that came along after that.
I think it fair to compare individual states to individual countries. Don't like the comparisons maybe they should step up their game a bit.

For years I have heard the left compare NYC to actual countries. Their economy.... They host the UN..... Well they had a chance to perform like they have been bragged up to be. Instead they flopped like a beached whale. New York owns that.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I'm not denying any of that. If anyone was in a position to contain this in China, it was the WHO. They lied when it really mattered. And Fauci originally said not to wear masks. I think his intentions were good. He didn't want a run on masks so that health care workers wouldn't be able to get them. There was a severe shortage at the time. I dont know what the right answer is for what he said at the time.
Was it a murder?
Anyway, people can wear cloth masks. I highly doubt health care workers will need cloth masks.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:15 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,298,752 times
Does anyone else find it ironic that many of the people who said anyone who felt Trump was "not Presidential" was aflicted with TDS are the same people who are now saying that "if he acted like that for four years he'd have won reelection "?

Old 01-19-2021, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Does anyone else find it ironic that many of the people who said anyone who felt Trump was "not Presidential" was aflicted with TDS are the same people who are now saying that "if he acted like that for four years he'd have won reelection "?
To tell you the truth, I started to think that, without covid, he could not 100% assured to win the reelection. In other words, he might not survive the four years of MSM and big tech biased.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:41 PM
bu2

24,074 posts, read 14,872,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
His main adviser Mr. Hannity said it was a "new hoax" to bludgeon the President with. Whether he meant the virus itself or the medias treatment of it, the message was sent to his faithful viewers....it ain't serious. You know that's what lie was sold..I realize it would take some humility to admit it, but try.

The President blatantly admitted himself later that he downplayed the virus intentionally. He never said "the virus is a hoax".

Both people made bad decisions and people and the country were hurt.

A person who puts themselves into the political arena is a political target and should understand that aspect once they run for office. Dead kids and parents should not be political targets for lowlife losers from Texas. You should be smart enough to figure out the difference.
Everyone on the right understood they were talking about the media and Democrats' exaggerations. We aren't as stupid as you on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies