Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2021, 05:57 AM

35,071 posts, read 17,014,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
If an employer mandates the new covid 19 vaccine and someone dies then whoever made the mandate should be put to death. it's very simple and very fair.
Full stop. That death is rare; Covid deaths are not. My employer has "strongly encouraged" me to get one and I don't mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2021, 06:11 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
https://www.news10.com/news/ny-news/...d-vaccination/

its not just 25 minutes there was a news reporter who died the next day that was healthy.

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2021/02...covid-vaccine/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ne/ar-BB1cx6DA

the doctor did not just die two weeks after but got really sick right after.

you talk about allergic reaction yes that still counts and does not take away from the dangerous shot.

Dolores Cahill is very smart and I agree with her. I don't know if she is against every vaccine just this one.
Cahill is a crank who knows nothing about COVID-19 it appears. She is spewing dangerous misinformation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...aims-1.4277698

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...e-side-effects

"We’re talking about treating very, very large populations, which means that you’re going to see the usual run of mortality and morbidity that you see across large samples. Specifically, if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway."

Old 02-18-2021, 06:21 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Full stop. That death is rare; Covid deaths are not. My employer has "strongly encouraged" me to get one and I don't mind.
I don't think they are as rare as you think I read about this a lot.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:21 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,699,219 times
Remember those people that were all for businesses making their own policies?

Like the guy that said he can choose who he bakes cakes for?
And the charter boat owner that says he can choose whom he serves?

And then that same segment of the population comes crying when AWS canceled Parler because AWS wants to choose who they do business with?

This isn't a long walk to "businesses can set policies on who works for them."

So you can have your business policies of "no gay cakes" and "no Democrats on my boat" in exchange for business policies that say "no supporting insurrection" and "employees should be vaccinated."

I'll take that trade any day.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Cahill is a crank who knows nothing about COVID-19 it appears. She is spewing dangerous misinformation.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...aims-1.4277698

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipelin...e-side-effects

"We’re talking about treating very, very large populations, which means that you’re going to see the usual run of mortality and morbidity that you see across large samples. Specifically, if you take 10 million people and just wave your hand back and forth over their upper arms, in the next two months you would expect to see about 4,000 heart attacks. About 4,000 strokes. Over 9,000 new diagnoses of cancer. And about 14,000 of that ten million will die, out of usual all-causes mortality. No one would notice. That’s how many people die and get sick anyway."
often in times like these misinformation is used when the reality is that misinformation is the truth.

nobody owns the truth. Cahill has a degree in immunology. I think you work for the government or the pharmaceutical companies. oftentimes the minority is right about science not the majority. of course they will cover up the dangers of a vaccine. actually because of this I trust old vaccines more but this new mrna vaccines I AM staying away from.

because the EU does not like her I like her more. nobody should want to be part of thE EU.

Old 02-18-2021, 06:30 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
often in times like these misinformation is used when the reality is that misinformation is the truth.

nobody owns the truth. Cahill has a degree in immunology. I think you work for the government or the pharmaceutical companies. oftentimes the minority is right about science not the majority. of course they will cover up the dangers of a vaccine. actually because of this I trust old vaccines more but this new mrna vaccines I AM staying away from.

because the EU does not like her I like her more. nobody should want to be part of thE EU.
If you want to go against the mainstream you need to have evidence to back your position. Cahill states having COVID-19 provides permanent immunity. That is unknown at this point. She also says someone with cystic fibrosis can protect against COVID-19 by taking vitamins. That is absolutely not true. She got her immunology degree in 1994. Sounds like she needs a refresher course.

I do not work for the government or a pharmaceutical company.

Old 02-18-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
If you want to go against the mainstream you need to have evidence to back your position. Cahill states having COVID-19 provides permanent immunity. That is unknown at this point. She also says someone with cystic fibrosis can protect against COVID-19 by taking vitamins. That is absolutely not true. She got her immunology degree in 1994. Sounds like she needs a refresher course.

I do not work for the government or a pharmaceutical company.
Dolores Cahill is right lockdowns do not work. they do more harm than helping. Dr Scott atlas also thinks so. many know lockdowns don't work.

Old 02-18-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Remember those people that were all for businesses making their own policies?

Like the guy that said he can choose who he bakes cakes for?
And the charter boat owner that says he can choose whom he serves?

And then that same segment of the population comes crying when AWS canceled Parler because AWS wants to choose who they do business with?

This isn't a long walk to "businesses can set policies on who works for them."

So you can have your business policies of "no gay cakes" and "no Democrats on my boat" in exchange for business policies that say "no supporting insurrection" and "employees should be vaccinated."

I'll take that trade any day.
I am conservative but I don't want businesses turning people down for being gay or not being vaccinated. so my opinion is consistent.

I am against businesses turning people down for any service.

Old 02-18-2021, 02:45 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
but some who want to get the vaccine might die from the vaccine. jobs should never be used as a coercion method. people are willing to do a lot so they stay employed. if even they wanted the vaccine all along the employer should be held accountable. the employer has no right to even know if you had a vaccine or not. medicine is not a one size fits all and some can not take this vaccine due to allergies. so you are going to have a policy that will kill at least one person? if they choose it without a mandate that is different.

Coercion is wrong. If the vaccine is safe why is coercion even necessary? A person's medical decisions should be off limits to employers.

Are you ok with a grocery store saying you can not enter our store if you do not take a vaccine that has a risk to kill you? how far do you go?
Ridiculous.

Flu vaccines (among others) are safe but a rare bad reaction can still occur. I work for a hospital and flu vaccines are 100% a requirement. There is no exception for "I don't want it." The only exceptions are for documented medical exclusions. Refuse to get it by a certain date and you are suspended. Then you have 5 more days to get it before you are terminated. Covid vaccines are not required (yet) but are 'strongly encouraged'.

We've had over 1000 employees get the Covid vaccine (myself included) and no one has died or even had any serious reactions. We can't get enough vaccine for all the employees who *want* to be vaccinated.

Stop with the unfounded misinformed panic.

Old 02-18-2021, 04:00 PM

1,014 posts, read 479,885 times
I don't think the employer will mandate this yet. But if the employee dies, then he or she must have had other ailments with the coronavirus. The side effects must have killed them. Taking the vaccine is enter at your own risk. It is not a guarantee to be safe. But still it does work on most people. Who's to blame? I don't think they can blame anyone in particular. That is health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies