Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 06:35 PM

25,770 posts, read 18,834,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No doubt plenty of Trump supporters quite strongly wanted Romney dead before Jan. 6.
And no doubt plenty of TDS sufferers want Trump dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2021, 06:42 PM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
No doubt plenty of Trump supporters quite strongly wanted Romney dead before Jan. 6.
I think it could have been pretty horrific if that mob had got their hands on a congress person. No sane American should want that.

Old 02-15-2021, 06:46 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How is Romney who is a lifelong Republican a RINO, but Trump not?

Trump's political affiliations in chronological order:

Democrat

Republican

Democrat

Reform

Democrat

Republican

The former president is not a Republican, he is not a conservative. He used the R label because the R voters are more gullible, it's the party that surrendered the stage to him. Romney is 1000% times more conservative than the former president as are most Americans.

Last edited by vegasrollingstone; 02-15-2021 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 02-15-2021, 06:47 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Utah GOP announced they would live with their 2 Senators.

Only GOP controlled state with wise leadership. Not controlled by Trump sycophant's, who believe in one man and not the Constitution.

Old 02-15-2021, 06:50 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Given a choice between Mitt and HeelsUp Harris, in 2024, he could end up President.
What a horrible thought. Heaven help us all if we can't come up with better candidates than those two next time around. Two entrenched establishment, government-power-tripping people. One who outwardly says he's better than everyone else, and one who pretends she's just an oppressed ghetto girl. Ugh.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:04 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goducks93 View Post
Senator Romney was almost killed because of this moron
Almost killed, give us a break!!!!!

More theatrics from the left.

One guy had a baseball bat and all were about to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this was a BLM or antifa 'protest' the media and dems would claim it was peaceful.

Let's look at the riots the dems endorsed and the violent domestic terrorists Harris and Biden admin baled out of jail. How many people were in fear of their lives. How many people die or suffered permanent injury? did you not hear their words calling for and promoting violence..oh that;s right you never watched FOX. Unless FOX dubbed their speeches, the dems call to violence is out there for all to see, but not on CNN or msnbc.

To know pretend mitt, et al was in existential danger is delusional.

How many were killed because of the hate and fear mongering and endorsement of BLM by democrats and media???

A known planned attack that had nothing to do with trump. As if anything trump said was going to affect their actions. the thousands that did march and support trump were peaceful and went home. The guys who entered the capitol, not attacked the capitol were allowed to proceed by the capitol security led by Pelosi. If mitt was in danger be sure to confront pelosi.

How is the capitol, the home of lying insurrectionists, disguised as lying congressmen and senators so sacred a place in comparison to homes and business the dem controlled states and cities allowed to be destroyed. Portland was under siege by domestic terrorists and dem convention never even mentioned the riots! So ask the dems why they allowed citizens in Portland to be murdered and businesses burned

Four years of lies , persecution and prosecution and we are to forget that insurrection? It is to go unpunished???

Like saying bernie is responsible for the repub legislators shot while playing baseball.

Mitt has demonstrated himself to be a creature of the swamp with no vision or leadership qualities long before this latest act of political revenge. A weasel best describes Mitt though an insult to a weasel.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:06 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
Q is strong in this one^

Unlike Trump, Romney has ethics and believes in God.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:16 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Q is strong in this one^

Unlike Trump, Romney has ethics and believes in God.
So does the Pope. Doesn't mean he'd make a good president. I'd rather have Yang or Bernie than Romney, and I'm a Republican (sort of). In fact, I'd have been very tempted to vote for Bernie in 2016 rather than write in like I did. Too many posters on this particular forum always miss the huge number of Americans who want someone OTHER than the long career, establishment politicians. We know we don't get any meaningful change from them. It's why more than a few Bernie bros. threw their vote to Trump in 2016.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:16 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfangle9 View Post
He's been a huge RINO for decades now, why would anyone be surprised that he voted the way he did?
Trumpers are the RINOs now.

Old 02-15-2021, 07:37 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I have a couple conflicting thoughts here. I'm Mormon, and grew up in Utah. My parents will probably always vote R regardless of the candidate, but they're in their 70's. My siblings (seven of them) have varying political leanings, and not all of them are even registered Republicans. Some Utahns have a dislike of Romney even though he's Mormon because he's too unlike them; rich, arrogant, seen as a Coastie.

I have no idea what will happen - there are too many different factions in play here. I can say what I HOPE will happen - that Mitt gets the boot. He's a douche, vapid, and thinks he deserved the presidency based on nothing more than the fact that he's rich.
Didn't grow up there myself, but I lived in Utah for 7 years. What I've noticed is that a lot of the Republican types we know out there might vote for Trump, but they hold their nose doing it.

Trump is a complicated topic. He did a lot of the right things -- things that a Libertarian like myself never believed he'd see a Republican do. He was also a bully, a blowhard and a serial adulterer. I've been gone from Utah for 15 years now, so I can't say I know what they think of Mitt. Mitt Romney wasn't even on anyone's radar when I last lived there. You likely know better than me, but I do know a lot of Utah Republicans who really hate Donald Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies