Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2021, 06:42 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
Seriously? You don't know that 4% is greater than 1.8%? The only thing covid did - is accelerated the demand/supply curves intersect by just 8 months. Intersect was expected in Jan'21, but happened in April'20. From that moment on there are more EM doctors than needed.

"Cross over into non-emergency medicine", seriously? Residency along will be at least another 3 years - and they have to pay their loans already. Also, can you guarantee that their new specialty would not be subject to the same problem? Oh, wait, I forgot - "they made bad, irresponsible choice", according to you.

" Let me know when licensed doctors have to start living on food stamps" - already happening. One of the links says that directly: "“Even some physicians have lost their jobs, a trend Merritt Hawkins has never witnessed in our 33-year history,” the staffing firm writes."

But you can keep saying that all these people made bad, irresponsible choices.

Then give up and move to China.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 06:43 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLR210 View Post
The Ladders is totally legit. I was amazed at how many professional, high paying jobs they have listed. I cleaned up with them, especially with remote opportunities.
Mmm kinda hesitant. First when I signed up it asked me my current compensation. Secondly it’s asking me to pay a membership. I know you say it’s legit but after I lost money before on trying to make more I’m even more hesitant

Old 03-02-2021, 06:43 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,341,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
I think it's hilarious anyone in this thread objecting to Warren's proposal believes they will be personally affected by this, and just to be sure, the slope would have to get slippery beyond comprehension to have it trickle down to then losing a dime in this action.

You folks need to quit worrying about things you'll never have any part of.
But it does impact us. If you implement policies that are bad for business. Businesses move, offshore or automate. They also increase prices to offset higher taxes. All of those impact us negatively.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:46 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
You're purposely missing the point. The vast majority of homeowners are already paying a wealth tax and net growth of home ownership also says that the vast majority of home sales are being flipped to new home purchases. People are not losing their homes b/c of the wealth tax they're paying at any noticeable rate.
in case it hasn't been explained yet - are you trying to claim that property taxes are a wealth tax?

Property taxes are merely how most local governments get funded.

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
But it does impact us. If you implement policies that are bad for business. Businesses move, offshore or automate. They also increase prices to offset higher taxes. All of those impact us negatively.
A lot of fear mongering in this post^

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
It's not a tax on businesses.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Mmm kinda hesitant. First when I signed up it asked me my current compensation. Secondly it’s asking me to pay a membership. I know you say it’s legit but after I lost money before on trying to make more I’m even more hesitant
I did the membership and revealed my compensation history and got an even better job less than a month later making 165k and, get this, and have NO degree.

Old 03-02-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
It's not a tax on businesses.
Rich people move and they take their businesses with them. Have you noticed the businesses leaving CA for TX lately?

Old 03-02-2021, 06:51 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Why "ultra millionaires?" Why not just "millionaires?" Is it because Warren and many of her friends fall into the latter category? Especially those who go into office and come out far, far wealthier?

Last edited by Absolom; 03-02-2021 at 07:09 PM..

Old 03-02-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
A lot of fear mongering in this post^
Nope, it’s reality
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies