Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2021, 05:21 PM

10,108 posts, read 7,778,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Nope they’ll are cut from the same cloth as satan himself.
I agree. They are evil. I think I hate them as much as they hate us.

Why not do that with Dr. Seuss books then. Just put a disclaimer in front of when selling the book, put this disclaimer in the book details. Why the heck remove the books and stop publishing? I swear the left are crazies.

Are they going to watch every movie since the beginning of movies to pick out any minute detail that they claim as racist. We've been getting along fine without off the woke mess. They need to make better of their time. This is silly and ridiculous. We're adults and let us decide for ourselves. We surely don't need the left telling us what we can and can't watch,read. I'm so sick of it and them.

If they want to cancel something, cancel MSM. Or put a disclaimer before the news that the news will contain fake news and untruths so view at your own discretion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 05:24 PM

27,156 posts, read 15,330,669 times
The Left lives in a created make bleive world.

I'm not playing that game.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:25 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ew-series.html

Do progressives have nothing else better to do during a pandemic? When does this madness end? Wait until they review Blazing Saddles.
So it seems that every corporate entity is "progressive" these days.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:28 PM

11,502 posts, read 6,021,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubaWuba View Post
How long did it take you to make this up?
I am a student of history. I have also been paying close attention since the concept of Political Correctness was imposed upon us in the early 1990s and seen the dramatic changes made in allowable speech, behavior, and attempts at thought control since then.

Go back to sleep. I will wake you up when your freedom is all gone.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:33 PM

21,947 posts, read 9,517,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Psycho? Why, because it shows a serial killer who dressed up as his mother? Does that offend serial killers, I guess?
No. Wait. Correct that. Offends trans people.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:47 PM

20,835 posts, read 17,112,746 times
Tens of thousands entering the USA many with diseases. Gas to $4.00 gallon in some place. Dr. Seuss on the chopping block, stocks down, no ammo available.

You still think they are playing?

Old 03-06-2021, 06:02 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
So what? I have no issue with providing warnings about content that people may be sensitive about. It's no different than warnings about language, violence, nudity, graphic sex, and so forth. All of these were implemented to avoid government censorship of film because of concerns about the impact on morals and ethics. Christian fundamentalists have been doing this to us for decades. Now the right is finding out how it feels to the rest of us.
How were these "warnings" so bad for you? At least no one purged them. You can still see them to this day. Meanwhile, the way the liberals heading, any movies they don't like could well end up being permanently cancelled.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:17 PM

13,277 posts, read 7,326,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ew-series.html

Do progressives have nothing else better to do during a pandemic? When does this madness end? Wait until they review Blazing Saddles.
Your subject line is misleading saying the films will be "Cancelled". They are just putting in warnings that the film may contain something which offends people today. Who cares making a big deal out of nothing.

Old 03-06-2021, 07:22 PM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
apparently the woke generation can't distinguish between reality and a movie......so sad, so many dunces.....

Old 03-06-2021, 08:22 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
That doesn't matter. If it offends somebody today, it will have to be "disappeared".
For the umpteenth time - TCM is pulling these movies out for a special screening, front and center.

There's just a conversation in front, about the changing of views and mores. A conversation that ironically, the conservatives on this board want - to use their phrase - canceled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies