Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 07:06 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times

Advertisements

I will admit, I was full on board with Fauci and the crew, and the lock down thing, blah blah, feel free to check my posting history on here.

I now feel it was all BS, even politically motivated, to cause as much economic harm as possible during the election year, all to get get Trump out of office as Trump had a lot of weight with the booming economy going into the election year (and I voted for Biden by the way).

Old 03-15-2021, 08:36 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I will admit, I was full on board with Fauci and the crew, and the lock down thing, blah blah, feel free to check my posting history on here.

I now feel it was all BS, even politically motivated, to cause as much economic harm as possible during the election year, all to get get Trump out of office as Trump had a lot of weight with the booming economy going into the election year (and I voted for Biden by the way).

It was one of the most despicable, inhumane initiatives in the history of the human race.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:11 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It was one of the most despicable, inhumane initiatives in the history of the human race.
And people not only willingly complied , but actually championed and celebrated it.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:54 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

You are a stand up guy to admit it. I agree with you on the motivations.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
He’s going by what the CDC is now saying. Interesting how when Trump was president they insisted on six feet, but now that Biden is president, they’ve all of a sudden figured out that three feet away is enough to stop germs from spreading - and schools can open.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonatha...h=4b3fce622cf3
Did you read the link posted.? It begins with “:Responding to a NEW study......3’ MAY be enough......

Something about the term “ novel” as in new, continues to elude many.

Sorry Covid nor any disease does not come with an “ Everything You Need to Know” book.

Old 03-15-2021, 10:48 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Did you read the link posted.? It begins with “:Responding to a NEW study......3’ MAY be enough......

Sorry Covid nor any disease does not come with an “ Everything You Need to Know” book.
and by the same token you dont ruin lives over that which you dont know

Old 03-16-2021, 09:45 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
And meanwhile he and his left wing cohorts continue to ruin countless lives while they lie and claim they are “saving lives.”
It's infuriating.

I know the dems are still suffering from TDS. This is why I think they still won't chastise Fauci, or criticize him, even when he makes such contradicting statements. They feel that being critical of Fauci might make it appear as if they were siding with Trump. It's why so many dems had to throw cold water on the vaccine, because to praise the vaccine and how quickly it was created and distributed, might reflect favorably on Trump. Can't have any of that.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
Next week, Fauci will say 4 feet is okay but only if you wear 3 masks and a tinfoil hat with a sign that says "Fauci is God" taped to your back.
But in his next breath he will say "However, there is no evidence that wearing three masks offers any increased protection."

If Fauci were asked if it's possible that a large meteor might hit the earth on Friday. In the same interview he'd say:

1) It's not likely to happen
2) However, I'm not going to say it couldn't, so it is still possible that it could happen
3) Although our scientists are scanning the skies, so they should be able to detect a asteroid of that size
4) However, it is possible, how ever slight, that one might be able to slip thru
5) It's best for everyone to be prepared
6) If it could save just one life, it might be best if everyone were to hide out in underground bomb shelters
7) It may also be possible that where there is one meteor, there could be others
8) Maybe, just to play it safe, people could remain in underground bunkers for two weeks

...and he add more weasel words to ensure he is covering every possible scenario. So no one can come back at him for getting it wrong, he can just cite his other comment where he said the opposite scenario was also possible.

Last edited by Wapasha; 03-16-2021 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-16-2021, 10:00 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
But in his next breath he will say "However, there is no evidence that wearing three masks offers any increased protection."

If Fauci were asked if it's possible that a large meteor might hit the earth on Friday. In the same interview he'd say:

1) It's not likely to happen
2) However, I'm not going to say is couldn't, so it is still possible that it could happen
3) Although our scientists are scanning the skies, so they should be able to detect a asteroid of that size
4) However, it is possible, how ever slight, that one might be able to slip thru
5) It's best for everyone to be prepared
6) If it could save just one life, it might be best if everyone were to hide out in underground bomb shelters
7) It may also be possible that where there is one meteor, there could be other.
8) Maybe, just to play it safe, people could remain in underground bunkers for two weeks

...and he add more weasel words to ensure he is covering every possible scenario. So no one can come back at him for getting it wrong, he can just cite his other comment where he said the opposite scenario was also possible.
Spot on.

Old 03-16-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

And yet, these so called "experts," are making declarative statements as if they were scientific fact. Our gullible, or complicit and lying political leaders hear the "experts" and create mandates about what we should and should not do, claiming it's based on science, when it's just an educated guess by bureaucrats who love to be in the TV spot light.

Biden says that even after we receive the complete vaccination process, he has a list of things we can and cannot do. And if we are really good little boys and girls, and convince all of our friends and family to also get fully vaccinated, he might allow us to celebrate a backyard BBQ on July 4th.

In Oct 2019 the W.H.O. released a detailed, decades long study citing the ineffectiveness of wearing masks to prevent respiratory viruses. But Fauci and other bureaucrats and politicians lie to us by claiming the opposite is true. Then Fauci says "it just makes sense that wearing two [ineffective] masks" might offer better protection. Of course this was after he lied and or misled the country by saying that we should not be walking around wearing masks, only to say later that we should. All the while he knows that wearing those cloth and paper masks will do little to nothing to protect healthy people from becoming infected by COVID.

COVID is a respiratory virus, so all of the commonalities with any and all other viruses like it remain true. So no, the basic scientific facts of respiratory virus do not magically change on the fly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies