Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 09:53 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,098,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Live have been destroyed by the guidelines?

Really?

I think some people might have been able to avoid a respirator or two ----

You really have no clue how many business went under?

How many lost their jobs, life savings etc?

How many people suffered with other medical problems, maybe even died because they couldn't get a doctor's appointment or had to put off needed medical procedures?

How many kids have been subject to stunted learning and growth of social skills because of unnecessary school shutdowns?

Your ignorance is deafening.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:53 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Does anyone really take the advice of quack Faulty . No masks one mask, two masks, 6 ft , 3 ft, wash you hands only ..This guy is a total dolt from the beginning.
Schools and businesses are often forced to take his “advice” and it has harmed a lot of people.

Old 03-15-2021, 09:55 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
Only if you don't know the definition of the word "may"
On most of my patent claims, I utilized the word "can", to keep my invention from being "restricted". It kept the utility, open.

No "can", man, and you're restricted.

A female lab tech slouched down the stairway toward the security guard desk area, saying to a guard she picked out, "I can kick your butt, I just don't want to." The ex-Navy guy just ran for his life. (Mayday! Mayday!)

Military men, conservatives, need specific information. (they are restricted)

May, or may not, - may as well?

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 03-15-2021 at 11:05 AM..

Old 03-15-2021, 11:20 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
People working on "might haves", "maybes", "best guesses", "the modeling shows" etc., have done enough harm. If the covid response hasnt proven that to you by now, nothing will
People like Fauci want to simultaneously be heralded as wise and all knowingly, while never held to account for anything specific that they say. So when he speaks on these cable networks he makes sure that whatever he says, there will be a convenient sound bite to cover every conceivable position. It's why he contradicts himself all the time. The guy is such a weasel, he justifies to himself the reasons for why he makes such duplicitous statements

Old 03-15-2021, 11:22 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,928,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
People like Fauci want to simultaneously be heralded as wise and all knowingly, while never held to account for anything specific that they say. So when he speaks on these cable networks he makes sure that whatever he says, there will be a convenient sound bite to. over every conceivable position. It's why he contradicts himself all the time. The guy is such a weasel, he justifies to himself the reasons for why he makes such duplicitous statements
And meanwhile he and his left wing cohorts continue to ruin countless lives while they lie and claim they are “saving lives.”

Old 03-15-2021, 11:25 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
And meanwhile he and his left wing cohorts continue to ruin countless lives while they lie and claim they are “saving lives.”
Because they're all insulated from this. Either rich elite or government workers. Talk to small business owners and workers whose lives have been ruined, maybe permanently.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:28 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Fauci can go pound sand. His 15 minutes are long up.

Old 03-15-2021, 11:38 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,034,836 times
You can't trust anyone in the medical profession, let alone when they become part of the government. For example, take C. Everett Koop who was the Surgeon General under Reagan. He announced that all Americans should quit smoking. Well, since I wasn't smoking at the time of that announcement, I had to start smoking in order to quit. So I started smoking Viceroy with an occasional puff on a Lucky Strike. It took me 10 years to quit, but I did it, as order by that lousy surgeon general. I'm not sure Koop was even a real general. Even his name, "Koop". It was probably a fake name so he could go into hiding after leaving his phony surgeon general gig.

Old 03-15-2021, 05:16 PM

140 posts, read 234,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill
So you think the 6 ft. thing was just because Trump was President.
The majority of what happend in 2020 was to try and make trump look as bad as possible so YES to your statement....

Old 03-15-2021, 05:27 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So you think the 6 ft. thing was just because Trump was President.

Yes as more studies are done...and if those studies prove that three feet will be okay -- then it should be changed.

Imagine using studies and data and continuing to learn about this new virus...and adjusting guidelines based on that.
What the CDC wants to do is, they want to accumulate data. And when the data shows that there is an ability to be three feet, they will act accordingly. They have clearly noted those data," he said.

How crazy.
Conservatives do not do well with processing new information, it's pretty much in the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies