Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 04:28 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,804,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
the 20 year old shouldn't have ran..he was already stopped..should the cop have shot him as he ran?..probably not, but that's not for me to say..how many more young blacks will die by cop before they accept the fact that they should 'comply' with police when stopped..

just like the black lieutenant that was pepper sprayed by cops and everybody is raising hell with the police..how many times did they tell him to get out of the vehicle?..he should have 'complied'..it's really that simple..you can't outrun a radio..you are not going to just drive away after being stopped if you don't like what is going on..period..
According to his mother - they shot him in the back inside the car as his GF was on the phone with her and showed her him laying there after being shot. We'll have to see what bodycams and testimony shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 04:31 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,576,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't support riots, but I understand. Often times with riots after police brutality (King, Brown, Floyd, et. all); the riots happen not just because of the act, but socio-economic issues in general. King happened during the 1992 recession. Brown happened during the height of the minimum wage protests. Floyd happened during the COVID unemployment and rent strife. Often this event is the match that causes a ready stick of dynamite to blow. People overlook the socio-economic issues.
Quote:
The systematic segregation of African Americans leads inexorably to the creation of underclass communities during periods of economic downturn. Under conditions of extreme segregation, any increase in the overall rate of black poverty yields a marked increase in the geographic concentration of indigence and the deterioration of social and economic conditions in black communities.

As ghetto residents adapt to this increasingly harsh environment under a climate of racial isolation, they evolve attitudes, behaviors, and practices that further marginalize their neighborhoods and undermine their chances of success in mainstream American society. This book is a sober challenge to those who argue that race is of declining significance in the United States today.
The book is entitled 'American Apartheid'.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:32 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm King View Post
I am just sick and tired of black men being shot up by the police. Something needs to change between the communities and the officers so we don't have to witness this anymore. Also I support peaceful protests, but rioting is never okay and those who do need to face consequences.
Then maybe Black Men should stop committing a vastly disproportionate amount of violent crime and murder?

Old 04-12-2021, 04:51 AM

4,910 posts, read 2,060,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Really? They can't just go to his house and arrest him later?

A cop won't be liable for a driver if they attempted to detain him.
This response is kind of silly... If he’s a criminal, with a history of violence, arresting him at home is far dangerous for everybody!!

A) He could arm himself with a rifle and fight it out in his house.

B) Far more “unknowns†in a house.

C) Chances of others getting involved is far more greater

D) Chances of others getting hurt or arrested is far greater.

Plus, what’s to say if he doesn’t go home or his last known address isn’t his current address? What are you going to do? Let him slide and wait till he/she commits more crimes AND when everything is perfect BEFORE making an arrest?

This is one of the main reasons why crime is spiking across the country since criminals know that the cops are afraid to deal with them... Especially if the criminal(s) are Black. If you’re shot by the police in today’s environment, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

As stated before, if YOU comply with the lawful orders of a police officer, you will be fine. Resisting arrest, in any manner only makes things worse.

Seriously, what cop, especially a White cop, wants his and his family’s lives destroyed on TV by MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS and PBS... Even BEFORE all the facts are know?

I’m sick of everybody blaming the police for doing their job, even if the cop did everything right and his/her life was put into danger by a criminal... Career criminals are now viewed more positively than a honest cop doing his/her job by our WOKE society.

Plus, with all the anti-police BS that’s is going on now, it’s making cops, to include myself, retire as soon as possible. I’m half Black, grew up in my city’s Black Community and understand “how things are†when dealing with the public, especially with people of Color. But, I’m not willing to be destroyed by the people that I risk my life for.

I guess there will be more riots in our cities in 2021. With cops retiring or leaving, in record numbers, pretty soon, the people will not have to worry about cops killing Black people since there will be a shortage of cop to call or to respond to your calls for help. With that said, I hope that the people have the means to protect themselves and their families since the people, mainly in our urban centers, are getting what they’ve been demanding.

Old 04-12-2021, 04:59 AM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
That 99.9% of all police shootings are completely justified yet people say the cops are wrong without any evidence seems like a strange argument.
That’s correct. A cop was recently shot dead at point blank range and yet I don’t see any protests of how dangerous their jobs are.

Quote:
New Mexico State Police are revealing the harrowing moment Officer Darian Jarrott was disgustingly gunned down in cold blood when he pulled over a drug dealer armed with an assault weapon.
https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/11/new-m...-dealer-ar-15/

99.99% of cop shootings are justified. Period.

They have the most dangerous job in America. More people are murdered in the inner cities than troops killed in Afghanistan, and cops have to go there to patrol those areas daily.

Liberals cheered for joy when cops gunned down the white female capitol trespasser, yet whined when cops did the same for the black Nation of Islam trespasser.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:01 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
This response is kind of silly... If he’s a criminal, with a history of violence, arresting him at home is far dangerous for everybody!!

A) He could arm himself with a rifle and fight it out in his house.

B) Far more “unknowns†in a house.

C) Chances of others getting involved is far more greater

D) Chances of others getting hurt or arrested is far greater.

Plus, what’s to say if he doesn’t go home or his last known address isn’t his current address? What are you going to do? Let him slide and wait till he/she commits more crimes AND when everything is perfect BEFORE making an arrest?

This is one of the main reasons why crime is spiking across the country since criminals know that the cops are afraid to deal with them... Especially if the criminal(s) are Black. If you’re shot by the police in today’s environment, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

As stated before, if YOU comply with the lawful orders of a police officer, you will be fine. Resisting arrest, in any manner only makes things worse.
Yes, someone already made those comments. The problem is just that the law doesn't agree. If it went down as reported by some, the cops had done their job but were unable to detain him. But a cop doesn't get to shoot someone in the back as they leave if they are under no threat. They don't get to say, hey it could be dangerous if we get him later, or he might run over someone, so we better shoot him.

Your arguments are not persuasive and have been address by the courts previously.

Now having said that, yep he should have just acted like a grown up. Couldn't agree more. And if the cam footage shows he was a threat to the cops, than great shoot. And yep, he was probably another loser well into a life of crime, I agree with all that.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:04 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
https://www.al.com/news/2021/04/minn...-protests.html

crowds confronting police and jumping up & down on cop cars now.

This behavior helps white people form opinions of black people.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:06 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,993,405 times
Quote:
Yes, someone already made those comments. The problem is just that the law doesn't agree. If it went down as reported by some, the cops had done their job but were unable to detain him. But a cop doesn't get to shoot someone in the back as they leave if they are under no threat. They don't get to say, hey it could be dangerous if we get him later, or he might run over someone, so we better shoot him.

Your arguments are not persuasive and have been address by the courts previously.

Now having said that, yep he should have just acted like a grown up. Couldn't agree more. And if the cam footage shows he was a threat to the cops, than great shoot. And yep, he was probably another loser well into a life of crime, I agree with all that.

In some states a cop can shoot a criminal in the back who is running away if the criminal is a risk to the community.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:10 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
So now he was armed and would have mowed down pedestrians on the way home to his weapons cache.

Sure, that could have happened, and just in case it does, Police should kill people.

Is that what police are taught to do in non violent cases (allegedly) such as this?

At this point, who knows if he was armed?

And if someone is running from the police, it's not an unreasonable assumption that they might drive recklessly doing so.

Simply "letting them run" isn't any more of a viable option than shooting unarmed people.

Old 04-12-2021, 05:14 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Who is making that argument here?
Ummmm.... everyone rioting and looting in Brooklyn MN. ......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies