Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 10:29 AM

10,754 posts, read 4,344,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Trump says many things he doesn't ever do.

He won't run again, but he'll tease his base with the thought for the next 4 years just to keep the money coming in.
Nobody loves the Presidency more than President Trump. He'll run in 2024 and if he loses he'll run again in 2028.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 10:42 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Judged by the standard of a man being as good as his word, so's Trump.
She's proven herself as worthless. Why has she still YET to visit the border where the crisis is that Biden has recreated?

Old 04-20-2021, 11:01 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Now that is good comedy

Old 04-20-2021, 11:22 AM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Trump will be in his 80's by then, I doubt he'll actually run.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:24 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is just trying to still be relevant in the party. He lost his re election, claimed voter fraud and left the White House sullen without the decency of acknowledging our next president. I don't think he wants to go through the humiliation of losing again
I agree with this.
Trump hates losing much more than anything else in his life.
Now that he lost once, he won't want to risk a repeat, especially when he can still get his dose of adoration by being the GOP's king-maker.

That's why I made my earlier comment to this thread. Trump can still fleece his base, still get everything he craves, and doesn't have to do any of the work if he doesn't actually run, but continually teases that he may run again.

I keep thinking of how rough 2020 was on him. For an entire year, everything he did either blew up in his face or flamed out in defeat. The beginning of the year was terrible, with the Covid virus invading, and the ending of the year was even worse, with him forever being branded as the seated President who wanted to start an insurrection of the government he was leading.

Who in their right mind would want a double dose of that kind of personal humiliation and misery?
...That's what I keep asking myself. Trump is a lot of things, but he's no masochist. He hates, hates, hates to be a loser and won't expose himself to the possibility of losing again.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:26 AM

628 posts, read 286,282 times
Quote:
Trump says many things he doesn't ever do.

He won't run again, but he'll tease his base with the thought for the next 4 years just to keep the money coming in.
^^^Totally this And what do you want to bet that it will pour in? He's going to need it for legal fees, so why not? Personally I think he'll try to back DeSantis and then make him dance to his tune and be his mouthpiece for the next 4 years if he gets in, sounds more like it.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
Trump is a top 3 president of all time with the greatest economy ever.

He's the most LGBTQ friendly president ever.

You sound like a Communist. Have fun moving to commieland
Only fools and fanatics would vote for the guy twice. Which one are you?

See how name calling works?

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather72754 View Post
^^^Totally this And what do you want to bet that it will pour in? He's going to need it for legal fees, so why not? Personally I think he'll try to back DeSantis and then make him dance to his tune and be his mouthpiece for the next 4 years if he gets in, sounds more like it.
Lol. He’s a billionaire. How much are legal fees going to be?

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
I keep thinking of how rough 2020 was on him.
Even before that.

He knew by summer 2019 that his political career was on the chopping block and that Joe Biden was the executioner (Zelensky call asking for dirt on Biden was in July 2019).

He fought as hard as he could against the reality of that fact, using all of the powers available to him, both legal and extralegal, and he still failed in his goal to retain the office.

The really pathetic thing is that he often times prioritized his efforts to retain the office over responding to a once in a century pandemic impacting the American public.

Old 04-20-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
And keep Democrats shaking in their shoes. No. Shaking in their masks.
What does this mean?

Do you honestly believe fear is going to be another win for Trump?

The Democrats would have to fear him for that to happen. During Trump's term, he first lost the House to the Democrats, and then the Senate and the Presidency.

The Democrats do not fear Donald Trump. They love him like a brother. When he runs, they win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies