Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 06:32 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,234,032 times

Advertisements

White folk have gone full Karen and Snowflake on this forum. This is halarious.
Yes, the BLACK people are out to GETTTTTT YOUUUUU. BOOO did I scare you?

Imagine if White folk stood up to the media in the 80's and 90's and said "stop portraying ALL black people as Thugs, Welfare recipients, and Crackheads". Imagine if white folk would have been as mad about the incorrect portrayal of black folk in this country as they are currently about themselves, the white man.

Perhaps our dishonest media could have been corrected before it got out of hand like today, but you didn't. Because you didnt mind the bias as long as it was slanted toward WHITE SOCEITY.

Oh well, had your chance, its out in the wild now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2021, 06:43 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
And what when Black wealth was intentionally destroyed? Black Wall Street in Tulsa was destroyed, scores died, it never recovered - they still haven't recovered all the bodies.

In Richmond, VA with which I am most familiar, where Interstates 64 and 95 merge was put smack in the middle of Jackson Ward, destroying 100 years of accumulated Black wealth: businesses, homes, churches...they were all leveled. Then, when then 195 & 146 were put in as an expressway, the original plan to run south of the James River which was undeveloped was scrapped and instead it was run through a thriving Black middle class community of townhouses, churches and businesses. These were intentional efforts which destroyed communities which never recovered.

Perhaps NC should be looked at. In 1898, the elected government of Wilmington NC was overthrown in what is known as the Wilmington Insurrection - it was a Black elected government. About 2,000 white men rioted, killing up to 300 Blacks and installed a white government which was not elected and the state acquiesced.

In VA, rather than integrate in the 1950's, counties and cities closed public schools for years. Deprived of an education, a generation lost out and with that, their ability to provide for their families in a manner had they had an education. The effects are still being experienced.

And then we have the long forgotten effort to drive Blacks from where they lived for centuries. Thousands of towns in the south became "sunset towns." Blacks had to leave town and in some cases entire counties by sunset. https://encyclopediaofarkansas.net/e...wn-towns-3658/

Or take for example farm loans. In Mecklenburg County, VA, white farmers could apply for farm loans four days a week. Blacks could only apply on Wednesday in what was known among whites as Black Wednesday.

These are just a tiny fraction of the examples...In short, having freed slaves and left them with nothing, after the freed slaves built communities, those communities were systemically and intentionally destroyed. Today, we benefit financially from that destruction as we drive our vehicles, buy the land devalued by policy or raw violence.
And you believe WHITES were NEVER subjected to "eminent domain"?

Do you know what "NINA" stands for? I doubt if you do

It stands for "NO IRISH NEED APPLY"
Yes, we had slavery and it was ended hundreds of years ago.

Yes we had segregation, which was OUTLAWED in the mid 60's.
Most BLACK'S still choose "segregation and choose to "hang out" with other blacks and NOT their white co-workers, or attend BLACK ONLY churches.

We STILL have black colleges, black magazines, black TV stations, a BLACK Miss America, etc.

Try any of those by a WHITE person.

Name 1 WHITE ONLY college. White ONLY major magazine publicly available, a WHITE ONLY TV station, a WHITE Miss America, etc., etc., etc.

Name ONE profession or political office a black CANNOT obtain TODAY, NOT 80 or more years ago.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:48 AM

860 posts, read 438,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
White folk have gone full Karen and Snowflake on this forum. This is halarious.
Yes, the BLACK people are out to GETTTTTT YOUUUUU. BOOO did I scare you?

Imagine if White folk stood up to the media in the 80's and 90's and said "stop portraying ALL black people as Thugs, Welfare recipients, and Crackheads". Imagine if white folk would have been as mad about the incorrect portrayal of black folk in this country as they are currently about themselves, the white man.

Perhaps our dishonest media could have been corrected before it got out of hand like today, but you didn't. Because you didnt mind the bias as long as it was slanted toward WHITE SOCEITY.

Oh well, had your chance, its out in the wild now.
Some good points there.

Old 04-22-2021, 06:51 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,234,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

It stands for "NO Irish Need Apply"

Most BLACK'S still choose "segregation and choose to "hang out" with other blacks and NOT their white co-workers, or attend BLACK ONLY churches.

We STILL have black colleges, etc.

Name ONE profession or political office a black CANNOT obtain TODAY, NOT 80 or more years ago.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_275_(Florida)

Like putting a major highway right through a Black neighborhood intentionally dividing it and taking houses for 1/2 market value? There is a reason some of our cities have a horrible interstate design because the design was not for traffic but because they COULD.

If you ever come to Tampa, FL, and go down I275 you will see how it effectively SAWED the city into to halves. Now with gentrification, its the popular area and Florida is spending Billions putting up walls on those interstates because it's "too loud for residence". Wasn't too loud for the black folk before Gentrification now was it?

Old 04-22-2021, 06:53 AM

59,017 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
There is an effort to forget the past. I heard more than one person say "Citizens Councils" were civic organizations as if they were benign. I remember them. The first step was your business (in this case my father's) would get a visit from them to stop employing or serving Blacks, if that didn't work, the Klan was going to show up. In short, the south devolved into a state of terror which prevented people from earning wealth and passing it on. Churches and synagogues were burned, people were murdered and so many homes owned by Blacks in Birmingham AL were bombed, it became known as Bombingham.
There is NOTHING WRONG about learning history, both good AND BAD.

We FOUGHT England, Germany, twice, Japan in World Wars. Should we still "hold a "grudge" against them?

To continue to LIVE in that history is WRONG!

Old 04-22-2021, 06:57 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,412 times
Quote:
"So I owe blacks nothing"

Maybe they should pay US for getting the ancestors OUT OF AFRICA! Where would the be today if their fellow blacks did NOT sell their kin into slavery?

"Yes the liberals would like to make me and every other white person feel guilty for being white."

And they IGNORE some of the people who owned the MOST slaver were BLACK!

This statement is blatantly false. First of all, in many states its was illegal for blacks to own slaves. Virgina passed laws specifically outlawing it in the late 18th century. Other states followed suit. I think maybe only Louisiana was the exception

Old 04-22-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:

It stands for "NO IRISH NEED APPLY"

We STILL have black colleges, black magazines, black TV stations, a BLACK Miss America, etc.

Try any of those by a WHITE person.

Name 1 WHITE ONLY college. White ONLY major magazine publicly available, a WHITE ONLY TV station, a WHITE Miss America, etc., etc., etc.

The war on drugs is a racist policy that has not worked. And it has done nothing but destroyed the black community and makes it very difficult for black people to have any level of upward mobility. It's the only thing I would concede is blatantly racist today. And it really needs to go away

Old 04-22-2021, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Black people need to take responsibility for their own lives and communities and stop blaming others.

Who asked black people for anything? I watch a lot of black activist, and none of them are asking black people for anything. If anything, a lot of the younger ones in the movement are teaching more self reliance. Also its kind of strange because people you probably don't like like Malcom X and Farrakhan taught self-reliance. Where as Dr. King didn't and encouraged the white society to be apart of the movement.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:04 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Black people need to take responsibility for their own lives and communities and stop blaming others.

They do, actually. But you're not going to hear black people openly complain about other black people because they know they're feeding material to white racists.

Old 04-22-2021, 07:11 AM

866 posts, read 319,646 times
I disagree. They are owed a one way ticket to the utopia of their choice if they so desire or if they commit a violent crime or any felony property crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies