Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2021, 04:15 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I just think too many people get their views of reality from the news and TV. Instead of getting out and learning about people, they rather look at stats, then preached to us about how people really are. It would be a much better world if we took the time to understand our neighbors
I understand what humans are, which is why I don't like them. Look around you, this country is filled with garbage, and everyone knows it. Why would I want to share a country with you? I want nothing to do with you.

As Rodney King famously said, "Can't we all just get along?"... And the answer is undeniably and certifiably, "NO". Which should be obvious to everyone who isn't delusional and/or braindead. It shouldn't even be controversial.

The only thing that keeps Americans from killing each other is the police. Remove the police and this whole country would burn to the ground.

For that matter, it wouldn't even take much to destroy this country. Just allow people to say what they really think, in public, without fear of being assaulted, losing their job, etc. This country is full of people who hate each other, and for good reason. We are enemies, in every conceivable way. You stand in the way of, and are antagonistic to, everything in my life. I would be infinitely happier if you didn't exist.

Let me add, democracy is not about the "good of society". Democracy is about voting for what you want and F everyone else. It is the most selfish, materialistic, cynical, if not psychopathic system ever created by man. It corrupts men, promotes individualism and greed, and turns us against our families, our communities, everyone, for personal gain. And I'm sick of delusional lefties lecturing me about things they only pretend to believe, when in reality they are just as cynical and dishonest as everyone else, while claiming to be morally-superior. What a joke.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-28-2021 at 04:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2021, 04:41 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,593,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I understand what humans are, which is why I don't like them. Look around you, this country is filled with garbage, and everyone knows it. Why would I want to share a country with you? I want nothing to do with you.

As Rodney King famously said, "Can't we all just get along?"... And the answer is undeniably and certifiably, "NO". Which should be obvious to everyone who isn't delusional and/or braindead. It shouldn't even be controversial.

The only thing that keeps Americans from killing each other is the police. Remove the police and this whole country would burn to the ground.

For that matter, it wouldn't even take much to destroy this country. Just allow people to say what they really think, in public, without fear of being assaulted, losing their job, etc. This country is full of people who hate each other, and for good reason. We are enemies, in every conceivable way. You stand in the way of, and are antagonistic to, everything in my life. I would be infinitely happier if you didn't exist.

Let me add, democracy is not about the "good of society". Democracy is about voting for what you want and F everyone else. It is the most selfish, materialistic, cynical, if not psychopathic system ever created by man. It corrupts men, promotes individualism and greed, and turns us against our families, our communities, everyone, for personal gain. And I'm sick of delusional lefties lecturing me about things they only pretend to believe, when in reality they are just as cynical and dishonest as everyone else, while claiming to be morally-superior. What a joke.

Get therapy. You clearly have issues

Old 04-28-2021, 04:48 PM

3,861 posts, read 2,230,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Yeah, that's the drum you consistently thump.
And it's still the truth. There were no racial barriers for them. They had access to white-everything.

Jim Crow laws discriminated against people of African descent, not "SPaniSh PeOple". Why are they minorities? They were not colored back then, so why are they "people of color" today?

Wasn't no Mexicans on the back of any busses with blacks in Texas, although many people are trying to rewrite history pretending that they were.

Old 04-28-2021, 05:01 PM

3,861 posts, read 2,230,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I do agree that Asians have a complicated status here in America. It's not all black and white(no pun).
American history really is black and white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44355wdYy9s&t=1s

"The Negros are more different to us than a Chinese person or a Spanish person might be".

White America didn't have a problem living in proximity to Chinese people or Spanish people. Nothing was "complicated". Integration had nothing to do with them. They were never legally segregated.

Civil rights was about black people. The only minority group at the time.

Last edited by Tritone; 04-28-2021 at 05:28 PM..

Old 04-28-2021, 06:25 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,647,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Yes. they. were. In Mississippi, the Chinese fought to be white and were accepted as "white". They went to white schools in the 40s. In all of the Southern States, the Chinese went to segregated white schools.
It's not that the Chinese were considered to be white. It's that they were considered to be not black.

Think about it. The southern racial system had two categories, white and "colored," meaning Negro. That's it. That's all well and good when all you have is white people and black people. But what do you do when a third group shows up? There weren't enough Chinese to make it worth adding another category for them. But when you have a segregated society, everyone has to be classified as something. The Chinese weren't white, but they weren't black either. For whatever reason, it was decided that they were less like black people than white people, so they got lumped in with the white people. But it's not because they were white. It was because they weren't black.

Quote:
"Asian" first appeared on the census in 1980. What do you think Chinese people were before then?
"Oriental," perhaps?

Old 04-28-2021, 06:52 PM

15,072 posts, read 10,113,138 times
I am Asian and dated a white girl in H.S. for a year or so whose family had loose ties to KKK. Although they tolerated my relationship with their daughter, It was clearly made known I wasn't considered "white" and will never be totally accepted within.

In college, I dated my future wife for 7 years. I had asked her father for her hand in marriage eventually. His answer was shockingly a "No". The explanation I got was that our mixed children would be subjected to a life of discrimination and would never be accepted. Again... it was clearly obvious I wasn't considered "white".

I've dated Koreans, Latinos, Russians (immigrants) and not once did I feel like that from their families.

We eventually married anyways without his blessings. We eventually moved away to start our family... thankfully in an area where interracial coupling is common.

Old 04-28-2021, 06:59 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
I'm basic white bread, for those that care, and my wife is Chinese. She was a college student in Beijing, and was at the Tien An Men massacre (she and all her friends call if the June 4 uprisings, since it happened in many cities with untold thousands dead).

3 kids, 23 years.

Old 04-28-2021, 07:01 PM

4,633 posts, read 4,903,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone
"Asian" first appeared on the census in 1980. What do you think Chinese people were before then?
"Oriental," perhaps?
In 1970, you were: White; Negro or Black; Indian (Amer); Japanese; Chinese; Filipino; Hawaiian; Korean; Other.

So in 70, they were sliced into small parts, but they WERN'T white.

https://www.census.gov/history/pdf/1...ionnaire-2.pdf
1960 was: White; Negro; American Indian; Japanese; Chinese; Filipino; Hawaiian; Part Hawaiian; Aleut; Eskimo; etc.

Again, in 60 they were sliced into small parts, but they WERE NOT WHITE.

https://www.census.gov/history/pdf/1...stionnaire.pdf
1950 was: White; Negro; American Indian; Japanese; Chinese; Filipino; Other.

Once again, in 50 they were sliced into small parts, but NOT WHITE.

In 1940: White; Negro; Indian; Japanese; Chinese; Filipino; Hindu; Korean; Other.

1930: White; Negro; Mexican; American Indian; Japanese; Chinese; Filipino; Hindu; Korean; Other

1920: White; Black; Mulatto; American Indian; Japanese; Chinese; Other

Old 04-28-2021, 07:17 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,164,577 times
Ultimately what did Jim Crow most care about 100% other than
Black or White or any known Black/African contributors when it came to using the full force of government to suppress freedoms.

Japanese Americans may have been interned but all other Asians were in the general manpower pool while the nation accepted the waste of maintaining segregated colored military units

Old 04-28-2021, 09:10 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
And it's still the truth. There were no racial barriers for them. They had access to white-everything.

Jim Crow laws discriminated against people of African descent, not "SPaniSh PeOple". Why are they minorities? They were not colored back then, so why are they "people of color" today?

Wasn't no Mexicans on the back of any busses with blacks in Texas, although many people are trying to rewrite history pretending that they were.
You're trying to argue that Hispanics and Asians were considered white and treated uniformly as white.

But people who actually are Asian and Hispanic who know from their elders and their own experience have told you that you're wrong.

Other people have provided textual proof that you're wrong.

What you're trying to confuse--and people have told you this, too--the situation of not being considered black the same thing as being considered white. White society in America has never been color-blind to Asians and Hispanic. It simply has not been as consistently hostile to them as to blacks, particularly when the numbers of Hispanics and Asians in an area has been negligibly small.

Where Hispanics and Asians have formed a considerably sized minority group, discrimination has been practiced on them as well.

Not-black does not equal white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies