Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2021, 12:22 PM

12,392 posts, read 8,161,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
it's all getting so confusing.....so people of color (POC) is good. Is colored people ok too?
It is an old term but one of my grandmothers used the term until her death at the turn of the century. That the NAACP'S name has not been changed should signal that while American English changed "colored" was and is not an insult. That it, colored, has no N means it is not used as a G rated insult like the current use of Negro by English speakers often is. It just leads to confusion as if you were in a time warp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 02:26 PM

900 posts, read 375,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
It seems like a calculated attempt to unite everyone who is not Caucasian into an us against them division.

If I was Asian I would resent this scam too. More woke nonsense.

Good luck uniting Asians with blacks. Asians know who their enemies are in spite of what the media tries to spin.
Colonization and two world wars did not put whites in a favorable position in the world ... There is no attempt but a fact .... no one likes whites from Africa to Asia ...

Asians do not need to unite with blacks ... at the end of the day they are still Asian and naturally they have turned away from all white conviction of American society without any blacks needing to alert them.

Old 04-29-2021, 02:56 PM

6,677 posts, read 2,981,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
... at the end of the day they are still Asian and naturally they have turned away from all white conviction of American society.
Bro,.what?

What do you mean by white conviction? What would a Black conviction of American Society look like?!
An Asian conviction?!

I am American. An Asian American. I ain't white, I ain't black,

I am called a PoC when one side wants to use me to pit against the other and I can be a Model Minority when the other side wants to do the same.

American Society IS what I turn to. Be nice or gtfo. Media can try to gaslight me all they want, I ain't buying it.

Old 04-29-2021, 03:09 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,360,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Colonization and two world wars did not put whites in a favorable position in the world ... There is no attempt but a fact .... no one likes whites from Africa to Asia ...

Asians do not need to unite with blacks ... at the end of the day they are still Asian and naturally they have turned away from all white conviction of American society without any blacks needing to alert them.
This American of Asian descent may not agree with anything you’ve posted, but accept your right to express your opinion.

Old 04-29-2021, 05:15 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Get therapy. You clearly have issues
If we woke up tomorrow without police, what would happen?

When lefties were calling for the abolition of the police I laughed. They have no idea what they're asking for.

It won't actually happen because it would literally destroy this country. There would be nothing left.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-29-2021 at 06:09 PM..

Old 04-29-2021, 06:24 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofnyclife View Post
this whole thread shows how much damage a binary racial classification system is in america between only black and white. Asians are not white.

Hispanics can be white b/c of their european admixture but they can also be native american, black, arab, or yes even asian. Most are some combination of all of the above.

Yes! Some posters here will be shocked to know that hispanic asians exist. Panama, peru, costa rica, and brazil all have sizeable asian populations. Cuba at one point had the new world's biggest chinatown until castro came to power.

If you go to a country like jamaica, guyana, or trinidad you will also find plenty of asian-black mixes who do not subscribe to the binary racial thinking.
This.

Old 04-30-2021, 09:34 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
This American of Asian descent may not agree with anything you’ve posted, but accept your right to express your opinion.
Why do you want to share a country with me? Why would I want to share a country with you? What would happen if people could freely and openly express their opinions without fear of assault, or losing their ability to make a living?

What is a nation? Are we a nation? Why does this nation exist? Why are you even here? Why is anyone here? And be honest.

I'm not going to allow the idiots in this thread to repeat political platitudes without being called out. I'm going to force you to think for yourself whether you like it or not.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:02 AM

1,830 posts, read 1,360,041 times
Even though I don’t care for your insulting and combative tone, I will answer as best I can in hopes of having an honest dialogue.

What I or you want is irrelevant. We are both here due to circumstances of birth. And we are both legally recognized as Americans due to US laws.

I don’t know your background, but in my case, US policies for refugees following the Vietnam war brought me here as a 4 yr. old. And through US laws regarding naturalized citizenship, I am now an American citizen. And having grown up here exclusively, I am also culturally American. As such, I value the core values including freedom of speech - whether I agree with the message or not.

You are free to express your opinions with me without fear of retribution. And depending on how it’s framed and whether I am so inclined, I may decide to engage in discussing them with you.

And I define a nation as a societal structure comprised of individuals coexisting within defined boundaries and under broad laws in exchange for benefits deemed necessary by the inhabitants. Coexistence does not imply agreement on every issue.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:08 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why do you want to share a country with me? Why would I want to share a country with you? What would happen if people could freely and openly express their opinions without fear of assault, or losing their ability to make a living?

What is a nation? Are we a nation? Why does this nation exist? Why are you even here? Why is anyone here? And be honest.

I'm not going to allow the idiots in this thread to repeat political platitudes without being called out. I'm going to force you to think for yourself whether you like it or not.
Who the hell do you think you are?? Give me a break, you don't get to be the arbitar of what people say or don't say or what opinions they express. Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mingna View Post
Even though I don’t care for your insulting and combative tone, I will answer as best I can in hopes of having an honest dialogue.

What I or you want is irrelevant. We are both here due to circumstances of birth. And we are both legally recognized as Americans due to US laws.

I don’t know your background, but in my case, US policies for refugees following the Vietnam war brought me here as a 4 yr. old. And through US laws regarding naturalized citizenship, I am now an American citizen. And having grown up here exclusively, I am also culturally American. As such, I value the core values including freedom of speech - whether I agree with the message or not.

You are free to express your opinions with me without fear of retribution. And depending on how it’s framed and whether I am so inclined, I may decide to engage in discussing them with you.

And I define a nation is a societal structure comprised on individuals coexisting within defined boundaries and under broad laws in exchange for benefits deemed necessary by the inhabitants. Coexistence does not imply agreement on every issue.
You should have told that poster to go pound sand. That dude just made it to my mental block list. I see certain screen names and I just skim right by.

Old 04-30-2021, 10:33 AM

2,330 posts, read 1,032,880 times
As I've said time and again, neither blacks nor whites are our allies. Time to make our own institutions like Jews and Blacks did with their own universities (Historically Black Colleges or HBCs for Blacks or the various Yeshiva universities for Jews) and youth leagues like the YM-YWHA. Same for political power in Congressional Caucuses and at the state rep level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies