Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 10:31 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times

Advertisements

The excuse well hath run dry. Americans are slow, but are waking up to the reality that the ID issue is a big scam. Americans know what daily life entails. They know not having an ID is limited to a very small number of people who have no business voting anyway since they can’t manage simple administrative functions ... like getting an ID.

The Dems are going to lose this argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2021, 10:33 AM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
Do they have a Social Security card? If not, these people are going to have difficulties soon or later. How do you open a bank account, apply for credit, get a driver's license, go to college, rent a car, travel on a plane, etc.? What do you do if you're stopped by the police and they ask for ID?

This is 2021. Accommodations can/should be made to provide ID to every citizen.
You'd think if the Democrats really cared for the people they claim do not have ID cards, because of the hundreds of day to day things you cannot do or obtain without a proper ID card. Democrats should WANT to pass legislation to ensure everyone had a proper photo ID. This illustrates how democrats don't give a rat's ass about the epople they claim to care about, because they never do anything to help them.

Instead, Democrats want the "poor and minorities" to languish without an ID, and not be able to fly on a commercial airplane, apply for most jobs, open a bank account, visit the state House, buy beer, cash a check, apply for some social welfare services, and on and on and on...

Old 06-01-2021, 10:33 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb View Post
Republicans will always make access to voting unreachable for those who clearly are not Republicans.

And many here who think it’s “easy” to obtain ID and birth certificates have never walked in another person’s shoes.

SHAME.

I lived on my own, without a car, making $4/hr in 1983.

I was able to get an ID without any issues.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:36 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,673,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I was leery of Trump at first, but he didn't do anything crazy and showed more restraint a couple of times than I thought he would, particularly toward Iran. They were getting nutty with us as they do and he didn't take that bait.
I was leery of Trump at first but I thought he might shake things up, and I thought his infrastructure plans could be beneficial. My opinion of Trump went plummeted during his Presidency, and I thought he should've been convicted in both impeachments. He was clearly the worst President since at least Andrew Johnson.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The excuse well hath run dry. Americans are slow, but are waking up to the reality that the ID issue is a big scam. Americans know what daily life entails. They know not having an ID is limited to a very small number of people who have no business voting anyway since they can’t manage simple administrative functions ... like getting an ID.

The Dems are going to lose this argument.
But the dems have the POS news media on their side, repeating the same lies. Eventually most people will realize the truth, and understand how wrong the Democrats are. But sadly, too many dem voters are themselves biased, ignorant, partisan political hacks.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I was leery of Trump at first but I thought he might shake things up, and I thought his infrastructure plans could be beneficial. My opinion of Trump went plummeted during his Presidency, and I thought he should've been convicted in both impeachments. He was clearly the worst President since at least Andrew Johnson.
Convicted of violating what crime? That's the thing, the Democrats impeached Trump twice, and never was it based upon him breaking any federal law.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:41 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,968,029 times
Quote:
Oh you fell for the establishment impeachment charades?

Yikes.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:52 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,559,248 times
I support them, as long as they're free and every eligible person is sent one.

If there's a cost to the voter, then no.

Old 06-01-2021, 10:56 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,054,665 times
Americans overwhelmingly voted for Biden. Why don’t republicans care?

Old 06-01-2021, 10:58 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Americans overwhelmingly voted for Biden. Why don’t republicans care?
Good one! LOL.

Yes, Biden got more manufactured mail-in votes that did not require a voter ID or signature verification in deep blue jurisdictions. Amazing how that happened, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies