Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 07:57 PM

727 posts, read 304,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerrose View Post
I must admit I never clicked the link. I apologize for slighting you.

I am also a vet, but not a combat vet like you. Sometimes when we
write things, they are not expressed or understood like speech is.

I wish you nothing but peace. I agree that extreme leftists are extremely annoying
and downright unreasonable. However I am no conservative so I consider myself
a liberal voting and policy supporter.

I did not realize your post was tongue in cheek. I do have sensitivities in regard to
calling or labeling someone as mentally ill. Like a previous poster, my mother had
horrible electric shock treatments done to her in the 1950's. My mother was sane,
raised by an insane mother and then married to a man who was unloving.

I don't think it is a good idea to speculate on mental illness. Yes, I admit I have done
so. I was wrong to do that. Guilty as charged.

Thank you for your service.
It's all good! Thank you as well. I have plenty of friends who have struggle and continue to struggle with mental illness. As you know, the VA is fairly useless, so I am always on the phone with them. I also volunteered for a program called Cop2Cop, it's for Officer's who are having suicidal thoughts.

Wishing you nothing but peace as well.

Old 06-04-2021, 08:34 PM

552 posts, read 223,451 times
FYI: I am going to post this here and in another thread about mental illness.

There are two off the beaten path movies that concern mental illness that I would like to recommend
anyone interested watch. One is an old comedy, called "What About Bob?" The other one is a very
somber and completely different altogether foreign movie called "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter....and Spring".

I highly recommend anyone watch either movie. They both put the most human face on mental illness.

Old 06-04-2021, 09:35 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Are you telling me that people would actually discuss their mental health and political views for a poll. How bizarre is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies