Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 03:47 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,363,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
Oh the irony of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The really sad thing is I've heard anecdotally that when some of them come to the realization later on, they end up committing suicide

It's really disgusting how society is pushing these ideologies on men that are ultimately detrimental to them.

Old 06-04-2021, 04:27 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
I am not demonizing anyone with mental health issues. Hell, a lot of guys and gals I served with have PTSD and seek help.

I thought the article was interesting given the insane political climate we have right now. And your right, we don't know the genetics of each person, or stressors, etc.
I didn't mean this to be directed at you. I was offering a response as a rebuttal to a few of the replies but I wanted to make the general comment without pointing at anyone in particular.

I'm glad this is the case and your view towards mental health issues is good here. I could certainly see serving in a role where you're absorbing so many of the world's stresses as something that could cause problems and I don't wish that on anyone. No offense meant.

Old 06-04-2021, 04:32 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Well, at least the men are not going to their friendly neighborhood doc about the women who don't mind and behave.

Back in the 50's it was common to put those uppity women in mental ward and give them shock treatments. My mom had 26. She never did learn to mind the men, tho. About half the women in town spent some time in the mental hospital.

Then legislation was past that made people commit themselves. One could not be committed by another person for having a different opinion from the men in her life.

Old 06-04-2021, 04:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,463,474 times
Over generalization then making this conflated aspect that it's liberal women.

Talk about open bias .

Old 06-04-2021, 05:43 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
And I see the study is proven to be completely accurate!
Nowhere in the ORIGINAL study can the words "mental health" be found. Another Big Lie, with no substance behind it.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...act_FINAL1.pdf

Old 06-04-2021, 05:47 PM

727 posts, read 304,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I didn't mean this to be directed at you. I was offering a response as a rebuttal to a few of the replies but I wanted to make the general comment without pointing at anyone in particular.

I'm glad this is the case and your view towards mental health issues is good here. I could certainly see serving in a role where you're absorbing so many of the world's stresses as something that could cause problems and I don't wish that on anyone. No offense meant.
No offense taken! I take mental health very seriously. Unfortunately growing up, my parents didn't believe in anxiety and depression. I never experienced anxiety (mild) until my first combat deployment. It's real. I have had hours of phone conversations with fellow vets who have really bad PTSD, and the VA just puts them on meds, no talk therapy.

My biggest eye opener is when one of my favorite actor committed suicide. Robin Williams. He seemed so happy. I loved him and his movies. I would of never guessed how bad he was hurting inside.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
They tend to me more irrational and emotional when it comes to social/political issues.
Both are just different sides of the same coin.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:05 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,301,312 times
Quote:
No offense taken! I take mental health very seriously. Unfortunately growing up, my parents didn't believe in anxiety and depression. I never experienced anxiety (mild) until my first combat deployment. It's real. I have had hours of phone conversations with fellow vets who have really bad PTSD, and the VA just puts them on meds, no talk therapy.

My biggest eye opener is when one of my favorite actor committed suicide. Robin Williams. He seemed so happy. I loved him and his movies. I would of never guessed how bad he was hurting inside.
I take mental health very seriously too! That is why I have always stayed away from liberal women. Got to stay away from cray cray!

Old 06-04-2021, 06:07 PM

727 posts, read 304,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I take mental health very seriously too! That is why I have always stayed away from liberal women. Got to stay away from cray cray!

Especially the ones that hate their own race and religion, they are the worst. The ones that defend blatantly wrong doing on the basis of being partisan.

Old 06-04-2021, 06:07 PM

4,034 posts, read 2,719,381 times
Quote:
https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/ov...alth-condition

A 2020 Pew Research study reveals that over half of white, liberal women have been diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point. Does this mean there's a correlation between progressive ideas and mental health?

t’s a common tactic of the politically charged on either side (and normally perceived as a cheap one at that) to take the particular adherents of an ideology and equate that diehard worship to mental illness.

But what if what was once a cheap shot or a personal insult has actually been found to bear scientific correlation between the individuals who hold progressive ideologies and an increased risk of mental illness?

This white, liberal woman was diagnosed with PTSD acquired while in service to our country. (Combat vet.)

So maybe you should stop making generalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies