Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 01:05 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTitties View Post
Only a mentally ill person would believe in things like "Civil Rights" and "Critical Race Theory". These people burned our cities to the ground.

They're insane.

Civil rights and the fight for equality is not a mental health issue. Those are noble causes that should not be ridiculed.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:05 PM

1,301 posts, read 666,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Isn't liberalism, in of itself, basically a mental health issue though?
A decade ago people like Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh were calling liberalism a mental disorder -- they must have been prophets because it eventually turned into reality.

I never imagined we would have people calling to defund police departments, give hormone blockers to children, teach LGBT sex stuff to first graders, and trying to pressure scientific institutions to do away with the concept of "male & female". But it's happening, and they're absolutely bat sh*t crazy! They're the biggest threat that America has ever faced.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:07 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,922,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightZeroTX View Post
Far left liberalism is. I have met self proclaimed liberal folks who can have a rational honest conversation about social issues without curse words or yelling. Just like the far right, it goes both ways.

Yes, I should have been more specific. Not all liberals are mentally insane. Far from it. But the far left unhinged crowd... Yikes, I want to stay far away from whatever they are smoking.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:08 PM

1,301 posts, read 666,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Civil rights and the fight for equality is not a mental health issue. Those are noble causes that should not be ridiculed.
They aren't fighting for civil rights or equality, that's what people did back in the 1960's.

Today they're fighting for equity and equal outcomes for all, basically communism without calling it communism. They're fighting to give the government power over parents, so children can get sex change operations. They're fighting to sexualize first graders with LGBT nonsense. They want to cancel & censor anyone who challenges them and their insane agenda.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:08 PM

6,353 posts, read 2,903,321 times
I'm surprised it's that low. Like Robo said at this point liberalism should be considered a mental health problem. That makes it a nice round 100%.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:09 PM

3,024 posts, read 2,243,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
It does explain a lot.

Women, in general, are far more likely to be diagnosed with a mental health condition than men for a variety of reasons. More likely to be victims of violence, dealing with pregnancy and postpartum hormones, etc. Plus women go to the doctor much more than men. There is still a stigma when it comes to mental health care, and men in particular don't want to be labeled as weak or not in control.

Women are also more likely to be liberal. Not sure that really implies any type of causation.

Though my guess is that liberals, in general, tend to be well-educated and therefore are more likely to have the knowledge and resources to see a medical provider about their anxiety and depression.

I will say that the posts I see on here about Trump being ready to swoop in and take back the presidency any second, about wanting to go to war against the government with their stockpile of AK-47s, about thinking there are microchips in vaccines... those strike me as utterly insane and I highly doubt these folks are off seeking mental health care. I also don't tend to think they're liberal.
I agree. Some demographics are more likely to seek out mental health services.

Also, how many mass shooters have been liberal, purple-haired hippies?

Old 06-04-2021, 01:10 PM

727 posts, read 304,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
I'm surprised it's that low. Like Robo said at this point liberalism should be considered a mental health problem. That makes it a nice round 100%.
I wonder about liberal men, the masked skinny jeans mask wearing ANTIFA types. They are tough hitting others and destroying things, but when hit back they cower like babies.

I would love to see a psychological profile of a soy boy.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:10 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
A lot can happen over a lifetime that has nothing to do with politics (it would be no more relevant than if 50% of "conservative" women had some history of mental health difficulties), and it's easy to imagine that over the course of a lifetime, there might be times when someone would deal with some significant mental distress at some point due to biology, life stressors, traumatic events, etc.

Had the article said "90% of women have experienced a physical health issue", I don't think that would be a surprise. I think it shows good emotional intelligence to recognize this and for someone to say "you know what, I'm going to get through this but it wouldn't hurt for me to talk to a mental health professional about what I'm dealing with."

I don't any benefit in shaming people or stigmatizing people for this or for seeking assistance in dealing with this, and I certainly don't see any good coming out of making it a political issue.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:11 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,961,831 times
You dont need an MSM article to tell you liberal white women have issues.

Old 06-04-2021, 01:13 PM

727 posts, read 304,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
A lot can happen over a lifetime that has nothing to do with politics (it would be no more relevant than if 50% of "conservative" women had some history of mental health difficulties), and it's easy to imagine that over the course of a lifetime, there might be times when someone would deal with some significant mental distress at some point due to biology, life stressors, traumatic events, etc.

Had the article said "90% of women have experienced a physical health issue", I don't think that would be a surprise. I think it shows good emotional intelligence to recognize this and for someone to say "you know what, I'm going to get through this but it wouldn't hurt for me to talk to a mental health professional about what I'm dealing with."

I don't any benefit in shaming people or stigmatizing people for this or for seeking assistance in dealing with this, and I certainly don't see any good coming out of making it a political issue.
I am not demonizing anyone with mental health issues. Hell, a lot of guys and gals I served with have PTSD and seek help.

I thought the article was interesting given the insane political climate we have right now. And your right, we don't know the genetics of each person, or stressors, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies