Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Joe Biden be the Worst President in US History?
Yes 169 56.52%
No 116 38.80%
Unsure 14 4.68%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2021, 08:13 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
He would not have enacted policies to artificially jack up energy prices, and killed off thousands of jobs, while the nation was in was just starting to recover from a wrecked economy, in the middle of a world wide pandemic, and put the nation's debt into overdrive, and propose jacking up tax rates and corporate tax rates by double digits, and start a illegal immigration crisis at our Southern border, that is for damn sure.

You act like Biden has not done anything to kick our economy in the balls since being sworn in. What planet have you been living on? Wherever it is, they seem to have internet service.
The price of oil had already started going up in November before Trump left office. Relax, it's Canadian oil, not American oil that won't be piped to the Gulf Coast.

Keep up. Biden is considering keeping Trump's corporate tax cuts.

It doesn't matter where I'm from because whatever isn't right about the economy now sure as heck isn't as bad as this time last year when much of the country was partially shut down.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Why would anyone do that, Biden owes us that money for wrecking our economy and throwing us into 2008 inflation territory. We are going to have to pay all of his trillions in borrowed spending back, and it will cost us all a lot more than $1,400. So yeah, if a man steals $20,000 out of my pocket, and he drops $1,400 on the ground as he runs away, damn straight I'll pick it up. What do you think we were supposed to do, run him down so we could hand it to him, "oops, you dropped this, have a nice time spending my money you stole???"
Like it or not, it's odd for anybody to think Biden is the worst president of all time after he sent people $1400. More sensible people, though, believe it's too early to know how to judge Biden as president. Of course, if Democrats somehow retain both the house and senate in 2022, I am sure plenty of people in this forum will continue to judge him as the worst president ever.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:23 PM

[quote=Nodpete;61191492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post

I saw your post and it didn't register , but you are 100% right, FDR was an A hole. He literally thought he was a king ! He did nothing to help our allies until it was almost too late. WWII could have been shorter (MY feelings) if he had acted sooner. Doesn't change my original post but I forgot about him. Thanks for posting.
If FDR was a such an ahole as president, then why, oh, why the hell did he get elected 4 times? Did the voters simply want a king that mighty damned bad?

Old 06-05-2021, 08:24 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post

If FDR was a such an ahole as president, then why, oh, why the hell did he get elected 4 times? Did the voters simply want a king that mighty damned bad?
FDR was able to say all the right things. I put him in the cellar, along with others I have named.

Last edited by jbgusa; 06-05-2021 at 09:01 PM..

Old 06-05-2021, 08:36 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
[quote=StillwaterTownie;61191567]
Quote:

FDR was proof that an elected official can buy his way into office by giving a plurality of voters a government check.

He also had a compliant media that rarely, if ever, pictured him in a wheelchair.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:39 PM

2,068 posts, read 999,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
FDR was proof that an elected official can buy his way into office by giving a plurality of voters a government check.

He also had a compliant media that rarely, if ever, pictured him in a wheelchair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Like it or not, it's odd for anybody to think Biden is the worst president of all time after he sent people $1400.

I rest my case.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:44 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,775,270 times
It's hard for me to use the word president and Biden in the same sentence.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:45 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,341,179 times
I voted "no" because Biden isn't likely to institute any action or behavior that will put him down there with the all-time losers, but that could change if too many tied-down safety valves trigger the Mother of all Economic Collapses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post

In fairness, FDR and the New Dealers were involved in very little that directly put a government check in the hands of average Americans; the money went into the control of loyal Democratic administrators, who then parceled it out among their clientele -- usually in such a way as to ensure the survival and perpetuity of the program.

Decades more would pass before economic "stimulus" would sink to the level of thinly-disguised bribery and graft of the present day.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-05-2021 at 08:59 PM..

Old 06-05-2021, 08:48 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Riding the coattails of success from the previous administration. At some point, the people will demand contribution and effort from Biden's administration, instead of distractions and excuses.

Trump's final approval rating was ~ 34%, Biden's is way higher.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:56 PM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
[quote=StillwaterTownie;61191567]
Quote:

It is inevitable that someone like FDR, a major political figure for several generations, is going to get alot of emotional responses for what he did but also what he did not do.

Probably if you were alive back in the 1930s you would see FDR as an inspirational figure leading America through one of its darkest periods - the Great Depression. In that sense FDR in the 1930s was like Reagan to us in the 1980s except that FDR's situation was comparatively much worse.

Where Roosevelt is less certain was in foreign policy. To his credit he recognized the danger of the Axis powers to the point that the US and Nazi Germany were already fighting an undeclared war in the Atlantic before Pearl Harbor. But he was not a leader like Winston Churchill. While for instance Churchill spoke out about the need to confront Hitler, FDR tried to pretend to the American people that they could stay out of the war because he knew entering the war would be unpopular.

That is probably one of FDR's greatest faults, he might recognize a problem and would work to solve it, as long as it did not cost him politically. Still FDR, despite his faults, is easily one of our greatest Presidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies