Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2021, 02:10 PM

18,455 posts, read 15,236,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Countries demographics change. America used to be 89%white it is now 69% white the country is not being destroyed and I would argue the American experiment is stronger than ever.

Should America expel Latinos blacks and Asian to maintain the previous demographics? Oppressing and disenfranchising Arabs because they have had more children than Jewish Israeli is not something Americans should support.
Millions of Jews were murdered for 2 reasons. First, because nobody came to defend them in time to stop it. And second, because they had no place that would take them in and give them sanctuary.

If they had a military of their own to come to their defense immediately, and/or if they had a place to escape to, many of those millions might still be alive.

Jews are not going to count on the benevolence of others to save them anymore. If you want to know why even the most politically liberal Jews believe in the existence of Israel, this is why. Survival instinct is more powerful than platitudes about diversity. In their minds, Israel HAS to exist as a Jewish state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Are you saying you have never heard of Meir Kahane? Or Lehava leader bentzi Gopstien a student of Meir Kahane and an adherent of Kahanism, the ideology named for and developed by him and promoted by his banned Kach party in Israel. Kach incited to racism and advocated the expulsion of Arabs from Israel and the Palestinian Territories,[3] and Gopstein praised the 1994 Cave of the Patriarchs massacre committed by fellow Kach member Baruch Goldstein
Of course I have. But as I said, nobody has been making that argument HERE. The people bringing that into the argument HERE are the pro-Palestinian posters, hoping to use it to derail the argument.

When a pro-Israel poster brings it up to bolster their argument, THEN it is fair game for you to refute it.

But until then, you are the one trying to drag in an argument that doesn't exist HERE, just so you can refute it.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:

Saying Palestinians can’t live in peace is gaslighting. 20% of Israel is Arab. 1.8 million million Palestinians living as Israeli citizens peacefully despite facing oppression and discrimination.
The reason those 20% can live in peace is because they have a higher standard of living than they would have in just about any Arab country. And with only 20%, they don't have enough votes to change the government, which, Ironically would probably lead to a lower standard of living for them if they did.

It would be like all those democrats in this country, getting priced out of the democratic strongholds, moving to greener pastures in the lower cost of living republican states. And then changing the local government to resemble the high cost of living areas that they were fleeing from.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:42 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Of course I have. But as I said, nobody has been making that argument HERE. The people bringing that into the argument HERE are the pro-Palestinian posters, hoping to use it to derail the argument.

When a pro-Israel poster brings it up to bolster their argument, THEN it is fair game for you to refute it.

But until then, you are the one trying to drag in an argument that doesn't exist HERE, just so you can refute it.
This is so true! No poster supporting Israel has mentioned anything about Jews and their relationship to G-d. Only the anti-Israel contingent comes up with some version of “Jews think G-d gave them the land.” I’ve never said that, or thought that, when I explain why Israel has to remain majority Jewish in order to survive.

Old 06-06-2021, 02:56 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
God has nothing to do with this dispute. The only people I see bringing God into this, are the pro-Palestinian posters, like yourself.
I haven't done that once. Except to refute someone else invoking an imaginary entity. I have consistently made the argument that the Palestinians are indigenous, have always been there, and their removal and consistent human rights abuses towards them are inhumane.

Israel is wrong in it's actions towards the Palestinians. Only the indoctrinated or willfully blind would suggest otherwise.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:02 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Millions of Jews were murdered for 2 reasons. First, because nobody came to defend them in time to stop it. And second, because they had no place that would take them in and give them sanctuary.

If they had a military of their own to come to their defense immediately, and/or if they had a place to escape to, many of those millions might still be alive.

Jews are not going to count on the benevolence of others to save them anymore. If you want to know why even the most politically liberal Jews believe in the existence of Israel, this is why. Survival instinct is more powerful than platitudes about diversity. In their minds, Israel HAS to exist as a Jewish state.
Seems to me New York is pretty safe for Jews. And Miami.

The holocaust was one of the worst things humans did to other humans. Jews were targeted. Now, Israel, led by Jews, is targeting human rights violations against Palestinians, a people who ALWAYS lived in the area, illegally expands settlements, and has no remorse for those displaced when hoards of settlers arrived in the late 1940's.

The wrongs done to Jews does not give them the right to suppress the indigenous people who always lived there.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Seems to me New York is pretty safe for Jews. And Miami.

The holocaust was one of the worst things humans did to other humans. Jews were targeted. Now, Israel, led by Jews, is targeting human rights violations against Palestinians, a people who ALWAYS lived in the area, illegally expands settlements, and has no remorse for those displaced when hoards of settlers arrived in the late 1940's.

The wrongs done to Jews does not give them the right to suppress the indigenous people who always lived there.
I am all for removing the settlements and giving all of The West Bank to the Palestinians, and let them form their own country. I have always been for that. But every time they have been offered that and more, they have turned it down.

They want a 1 state solution, that does not include Israel. They can’t give the Palestinians what they really want, and they are not willing to compromise. So I’m not sure what you expect the Israelis to do.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:14 PM

39,201 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
It is the reality that a Palestinian nation never will exist in the West Bank. (Gaza is a different issue)

Thoughts?

Ireland certainly calls the West Bank "Defacto annexation".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...lestinian-land
My thought is that conflicts and wars are never fair. If they were, they would not be conflicts. The expectation that any nation at war would act "fairly" is somewhat naive. What one can only hope is that the stronger nation isn't too cruel. In my opinion, Israel isn't as cruel as it could be.

If the Palestinians are held to be “above judgment” and as “helpless victims” and the conflict is viewed as “good VS evil”, then how can it be resolved? few conflicts are so conveniently ordered.

Plus, Palestinians living within Israel, as citizens (also known as Israeli Arabs), with full rights have a standard of living among the highest of all Arab countries.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:15 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
This is so true! No poster supporting Israel has mentioned anything about Jews and their relationship to G-d. Only the anti-Israel contingent comes up with some version of “Jews think G-d gave them the land.” I’ve never said that, or thought that, when I explain why Israel has to remain majority Jewish in order to survive.
Ok so while Some Israelis and settlers believe they have a god given right to oppress Palestinians and drive them from the West Bank you personally do not.

Your justification for oppressing and disenfranchising the Palestinians is the suffering and persecution that Jews suffered in the past. The Palestinians Israel is oppressing at this time had nothing to do with the holocaust, Middle East wars or previous intifada. The median age of Palestinians is 20.8 years.
America should not support Israel oppressing children and teenagers because of the suffering and persecution of Jews by people in other countries 30,50 or 70 years ago.

Old 06-06-2021, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Ok so while Some Israelis and settlers believe they have a god given right to oppress Palestinians and drive them from the West Bank you personally do not.

Your justification for oppressing and disenfranchising the Palestinians is the suffering and persecution that Jews suffered in the past. The Palestinians Israel is oppressing at this time had nothing to do with the holocaust, Middle East wars or previous intifada. The median age of Palestinians is 20.8 years.
America should not support Israel oppressing children and teenagers because of the suffering and persecution of Jews by people in other countries 30,50 or 70 years ago.
Actually Hitler made a deal with the Grand Mufti not to allow Jews refuge in Palestine. So they are not blameless in all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies