Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2021, 04:24 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,247,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
^^
What a load of BS.

Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MknerYjob0w
This all made possible by the USA support of the Israelis...we should pull 100% of our support from them...we get absolutely nothing from our support of Israel other than hatred from the rest of the Arab world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 04:32 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
This all made possible by the USA support of the Israelis...we should pull 100% of our support from them...we get absolutely nothing from our support of Israel other than hatred from the rest of the Arab world.
And should we pull our support from the Arab countries, too? Combined, we give more to them than Israel. Or is it just the Jews that have you concerned?

Old 06-07-2021, 04:32 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,581,384 times
Quote:
American evangelicals use the Jewish state to do what they see as fulfilling prophecies from Revelation.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:38 PM

5,296 posts, read 5,247,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This is the reason the Palestinians always refuse their own state.

Because that would mean giving up on their completely unrealistic hope of taking over all of Israel.

They are taught to be delusional from a young age. And as you can tell from this forum, they try to spread this delusion to other gullible people. But Isreal has normalized relations with many of it's Muslim neighbors, who would rather see Israel exist in peace, than have Iran threatening the entire region.

And even if they didn't, they have, by far, the best army, air force, and intelligence apparatus in the region. And if all else somehow fails, they have nuclear weapons as a last resort. If all seems lost, they can turn Tehran, Mecca, Medina, Damascus, and Beirut into glass.
They have all of that because of our support...hence why we should stop wasting money on support for Israel.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:41 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
That is not a true statement anymore. Much of the Arab world have made their peace with Israel, freely trade with Israel, and even see Israel as a safeguard against the much bigger threat of Iran.

Now it is only the radical Islamists that hate us (partly) because of Israel. I say partly, because even if Israel was out of the equation, these radical Islamists still would hate us and all we stand for.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:45 PM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
They have all of that because of our support...hence why we should stop wasting money on support for Israel.
Although in your mind this is unfortunate, even if we stop supporting them, it's not like that all disappears.

I don't know that I would be against removing our financial support, but only if we stopped supporting Israel's enemies as well. Israel would do fine on their own at this point.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:47 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
So you're saying that Israel is able to defend itself against the antisemites who would like to drive it to the sea, and thus we should stop "wasting money" on a country surrounded by enemies seeking its destruction?

Old 06-07-2021, 04:59 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I am a critical thinker. For years I thought I understood why Israel did what they were doing, but then I questioned what right are the settlers there, and I am talking about all of Israel. Palestinians never left, always were there.

I speak English, as do most North Americans. None would say they are British. Language does not define nationality.

They are culturally Arab, but not from ancestry. They are indigenous, have always lived there since there were Canaanites. They were originally Jewish, and converted to Islam. In fact, Walid Khalidi noted, in Ottoman times "the Palestinians considered themselves to be descended not only from Arab conquerors of the seventh century but also from indigenous peoples who had lived in the country since time immemorial."

They deserve the same recognition as any indigenous peoples around the world do. The idea that might makes right is wrong.

Does that clear it up for you?
How is that nobody stayed put in one place for millennia, just the Palestinians? Do you know a little about global history?

For most of history the ME was ruled (by whoever occupied them) as one territory. The countries we see today were only crated with the fall of the Ottoman Empire in 1920. Until then people (of all kind) migrated all over the ME from the Fertile Crescent to Levant and back in search of greener pastures. Around 1830 the entire population of Palestine - all ethnic groups combined) was less than 400,000 people: Muslims, Christians Jews, etc.

Former PLO leader family Yassir Arafat’s family, wandered between Egypt, Jerusalem and Gaza, following the economic realities of the day. But in your mind while everyone moved all the time, only Palestinians stayed put in one spot for 4000(?) years? Are you serious? Lol.

https://youtu.be/CmUXwPo_ebs

And while the theories invented by Palestinians and their supporters are hot air, these people are real. They live there need a solution. Nobody can claim they “don’t exist” regardless of their origins.

Last edited by oberon_1; 06-07-2021 at 05:19 PM..

Old 06-07-2021, 05:08 PM

35,084 posts, read 17,043,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
The Palestinian reservations have a Western-funded government under the Fatah party. Gaza and the West Bank aren’t governed together.

Israel has all the cards in its hands when it comes to a two-state solution. If they truly believe they have the moral high ground, they’d get behind the 1967 lines. If the rockets kept coming after that, then Israel would rightly see that as a declaration of war, then they could pogrom the Palestinians until Israel gets the land it wants. But this stealth ethnic cleansing and following the playbook of their parents’ oppressors isn’t respectable or moral.

For now, as I see it, one nation is being choked to death and is desperately and futilely throwing punches. I would never blame the person throwing the punches, no matter how much I despised them.
Immigration and waves of movement of people have occurred from time immemorial. When the Jews came to the Middle East, certain greedy leadership elements went to war, starting around 1921. If you start a war, someone is going to stop it. And one side won't like the results. Do we have to rewind totally just to make Israel small enough to annihilate?

Old 06-07-2021, 05:55 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,581,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Immigration and waves of movement of people have occurred from time immemorial. When the Jews came to the Middle East, certain greedy leadership elements went to war, starting around 1921. If you start a war, someone is going to stop it. And one side won't like the results. Do we have to rewind totally just to make Israel small enough to annihilate?
You’ve got a couple presumptions doing some heavy lifting. The first is that you’re implying the Jaffa Riots started this current conflict. The second is that the 1967 borders make Israel weak.

I advocate for the 1967 borders because those are the only borders that have any tenability for a two-state solution. If Israel wants to push the borders back, it should formally declare war. That’s how honorable conquest is done if there is such a thing. They won’t do that because Daddy Warbucks USA knows that’ll completely destabilize the delicate order in the Middle East that keeps the oil flowing to the West.

So instead, what Israel is doing is annexing the West Bank bit-by-bit, brutalizing Palestinians in the process, and using any fight back as a supposed example of the existential threat they face. Hamas uses the West Bank brutality as an excuse to fire wimpy garage rockets that don’t even make it to their targets. Looking at a map of the West Bank looks like the reservation system of America, or probably more appropriately, the Bantustan system of apartheid South Africa. The current plan that they’ve stumbled onto is to ghettoize the Palestinians, basically force them into smaller and smaller plots of land, control the flow of goods to and from these ghettos, and hope that they eventually decline in numbers enough that they won’t be a demographic threat to Israel’s Jewish nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies