Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2021, 01:37 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And YOU stop ignoring that multiple Arab countries drove nearly a million Jews from their homes and lands - and left them penniless and in exile. Your insistence of condemning ONLY Israel, while refusing to acknowledge that the Muslims did worse to the Jews in their countries, speaks volumes.

The State Department defined that type of double standard as antisemitic.
Stop moving the goal posts. The topic is what Israel did to the Palestinians. Nothing else. Start a new topic if you wish about other issues, but quite with the whataboutisms.

I probably will agree with you on many of your observations if you want to start a new topic on your issue. But I will not be detracted from pointing out the abuses that Palestinians have been subject to by Israel.

This is about human rights. Israel is wrong in its actions. Many other nations are wrong in their actions, but that is for a different thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2021, 01:44 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Stop moving the goal posts. The topic is what Israel did to the Palestinians. Nothing else. Start a new topic if you wish about other issues, but quite with the whataboutisms.

I probably will agree with you on many of your observations if you want to start a new topic on your issue. But I will not be detracted from pointing out the abuses that Palestinians have been subject to by Israel.

This is about human rights. Israel is wrong in its actions. Many other nations are wrong in their actions, but that is for a different thread.
Ya know, you had asked some other poster - with great indignation and obviously meant to be rhetorical - what other country kicks people out of their home like Israel? When the poster came up with a list of the other countries that kicked out Jews, you did the same thing you just did now....said to stop talking about what other countries do! (Never mind that you ASKED for examples.)

Again, the fact that you ONLY what to complain about what them Jews did, and refuse to acknowledge that Muslims did the same - but worse - betrays your attitude.

I’m done.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Ya know, you had asked some other poster - with great indignation and obviously meant to be rhetorical - what other country kicks people out of their home like Israel? When the poster came up with a list of the other countries that kicked out Jews, you did the same thing you just did now....said to stop talking about what other countries do! (Never mind that you ASKED for examples.)

Again, the fact that you ONLY what to complain about what them Jews did, and refuse to acknowledge that Muslims did the same - but worse - betrays your attitude.

I’m done.
Again, you are free to open a topic about what other countries are doing to Jews. And like I said, I may even agree with your points there.

Not here. This is about Israel continued violations of human rights against Palestinian men, women, children, babies, grandmothers and grandfathers.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:11 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,249,084 times
Quote:
Again, you are free to open a topic about what other countries are doing to Jews. And like I said, I may even agree with your points there.

Not here. This is about Israel continued violations of human rights against Palestinian men, women, children, babies, grandmothers and grandfathers.
This is about irrational condemnation (that's where what other countries are doing come into play) of Israel's will to exist and defend itself against Islamist terror.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
This is about irrational condemnation (that's where what other countries are doing come into play) of Israel's will to exist and defend itself against Islamist terror.
So you support Israel's continued abuse of Palestinians' human rights?

Old 06-08-2021, 02:17 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
The Nakba was as vicious as any pogroms the Jewish people suffered for centuries, except this time, rather than being the victims of atrocities, the Jewish state was the perpetrator.

Learn your history, and stop seeing it through rose colored glasses.
Really? As vicious? Where are the Nakba gas chambers located?

Lets put things back in perspective, please.

Old 06-08-2021, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Really? As vicious? Where are the Nakba gas chambers located?

Lets put things back in perspective, please.

I used the term pogroms rather than the Holocaust, as the term is more analogous. And you know I am right.

Old 06-08-2021, 03:00 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
I used the term pogroms rather than the Holocaust, as the term is more analogous. And you know I am right.
From the Oxford Dictionary:

Quote:
po·grom

/ˈpōɡrəm,pəˈɡräm/
noun
plural noun: pogroms

an organized massacre of a particular ethnic group, in particular that of Jewish people in Russia or eastern Europe.

"the Nazis began a pogrom against Jewish people in Germany"

Old 06-08-2021, 03:09 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Too many settlements? Nope. Face it just don’t like the idea of a Jewish country.

Too many settlements is the dumbest excuse I have ever heard. They can vacate the place just as easily with a hundred thousand settlements as a thousand. The government tells them to leave and they leave, just like with Gaza.

But what you don’t get is that Israel is beyond our control. It is beyond the UN’s control. Nobody can make them do anything they don’t want to do. And giving up a Jewish homeland is something they don’t want to do. They have the means to defend themselves against any threat. Even if they became a rogue state like North Korea, that would be better to them than losing their homeland. You better believe they would be willing to use ALL of the weapons at their disposal before they allow that to happen.
There are Israeli settlers who believe they have a god given right to violently drive Palestinians off the land, murder Israeli politicians, burn down Christian churches , commit atrocities against Palestinians even burning Arab children alive and they praise Baruch Goldstein and Yigal Amir.

You honestly believe the Israeli government can just ask them to leave? They murdered Yitzhak Rabin and there were fewer settlements then.

Gaslighting

Old 06-08-2021, 03:30 PM

21,868 posts, read 25,167,969 times
Well, they can ask. The British asked the IRA to stop being terrorists. Took a bit more work than just asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies