Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 07:51 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
They are not foreigners.

They live there.

Maybe if Israel would recognize the fact that they are brothers and sisters ... and that is their home ... there could be some progress made.
Just because they live there doesn’t mean they’re not foreigners. Illegal aliens in this country are foreigners, too.

Maybe if Israel would recognize them as their brothers and sisters.....?? These foreigners continue to elect terrorists that want Israel driven out to sea. Some siblings!

Maybe if the Palestinians would recognize that Israel has a right to exist, and stop electing anti-Semitic, anti-Israel leaders, some progress could be made.

I see a BIG problem in that the left is blaming Israel 100% and ascribing all sorts of goodwill to the terrorist-led Palestinians. And the more the left sides against Israel, targeting them specifically /while overlooking similar or worse actions from non-Jew countries) and support Jew-hating Muslims, the more I think the Israelis should expel them. They lost their land when their antisemitic countries attacked Israel.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-palestinians/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2021, 08:13 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Just because they live there doesn’t mean they’re not foreigners. Illegal aliens in this country are foreigners, too.

Maybe if Israel would recognize them as their brothers and sisters.....?? These foreigners continue to elect terrorists that want Israel driven out to sea. Some siblings!

Maybe if the Palestinians would recognize that Israel has a right to exist, and stop electing anti-Semitic, anti-Israel leaders, some progress could be made.

I see a BIG problem in that the left is blaming Israel 100% and ascribing all sorts of goodwill to the terrorist-led Palestinians. And the more the left sides against Israel, targeting them specifically /while overlooking similar or worse actions from non-Jew countries) and support Jew-hating Muslims, the more I think the Israelis should expel them. They lost their land when their antisemitic countries attacked Israel.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-palestinians/
Sounds like you have some hate issues.

Those people were there before the state of Israel, that is their home, they are NOT foreigners. If Israel insists upon controlling the place they owe those people citizenship, the vote, access to the courts to redress civil grievances, the ballot to elect representation in the Knesset, and access to the National Health Care programs of Israel.

If they don't want to do that, then they should withdraw completely from the west bank and abandon the settlements.

That is really the only two choices Israel has, and it is their choice to make. If they refuse to do either they are going to be stuck in a cycle of hostility and they should not be surprised when the world gets tired of them claiming to be victims. The solution is in their hands.

There is a path to peace, but Israel needs to really want it. So far they are content with the status quo and all that brings to their doorstep.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:14 AM

Quote:

Those people were there before the state of Israel, that is their home, they are NOT foreigners. If Israel insists upon controlling the place they owe those people citizenship, the vote, access to the courts to redress civil grievances, the ballot to elect representation in the Knesset, and access to the National Health Care programs of Israel.

If they don't want to do that, then they should withdraw completely from the west bank and abandon the settlements.

That is really the only two choices Israel has, and it is their choice to make. If they refuse to do either they are going to be stuck in a cycle of hostility and they should not be surprised when the world gets tired of them claiming to be victims. The solution is in their hands.

There is a path to peace, but Israel needs to really want it. So far they are content with the status quo and all that brings to their doorstep.
I stopped reading when you accused me of hate issues. Buh-bye.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:24 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post

But they are not doing themselves any favors by continuing to gaslight the Palestinians in the West Bank by continuing “settlements” and occupying the remainder. The offer should be 100 percent of unannexed land and no fragmentation of contiguous territory (e.g. Golan is off the table, Israel did annex it). Abandon the settlements that force fragmentation, and annex what Israel won’t give up. That offer should be written and public, with ALL provisions listed. If Israeli settlers insist on staying on unannexed land, cool, Palestine must offer them citizenship or permanent residency similar to what Israel did with the Golan.

If a two-state solution is the answer, it must be two STATES and not one fully independent (Israel) with a sort-of, restricted state on the other.

Unlike the 2000 offer, if it’s public-somewhat more difficult not to be serious about it, for either side.
Israel made strong initial attempts to have an open society, and from 1967 to the mid 1980s, one could drive the car from Bethlehem, Nablus, or Jerusalem all the way to Gaza without seeing a single checkpoint. Then came successive waves of suicide bombings, sometimes as many as two a month, and the barriers and checkpoints came into being. So the division again was brought about by Arab Palestian aggression in their continued bid to destroy Israel, and now the tail end of that is rocket attacks and random knifings.

I think anyone should look more to the neighboring Arab states rather than Israel Israel is doing its best in a largely defensive battle against surrounding nations and factions that still haven't give up on their aim of destroying Israel.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:26 AM

Quote:
I stopped reading when you accused me of hate issues. Buh-bye.
I actually don't care if you stopped reading. Go ahead and block me. I can not soften your hard heart and I don't expect you to change your mind, only you can do that.

I am writing for the benefit of others here who need to hear this.

Israel has occupied a place that does not belong to them. They get attacked. No one is really surprised.

They can either withdraw from the place, and give them their freedom, or grant those people full citizenship and admission into Israeli society with all that suggest: the vote and access to the courts. Stop treating them as second class in the job market. Respect their property rights.

This is not a novel idea, there are already Palestinians within Israel who are full citizens. Some are Christians and some are Muslims and there are even some who are Jews. Just give the West Bank Palestinians the same rights as the rest.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:

That is really the only two choices Israel has, and it is their choice to make. If they refuse to do either they are going to be stuck in a cycle of hostility and they should not be surprised when the world gets tired of them claiming to be victims
. The solution is in their hands.

The world is tired of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaInLNpwkhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbnwvbUgxA

Let's hope the world is more fair and balanced, sheesh.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The world is tired of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaInLNpwkhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBbnwvbUgxA

Let's hope the world is more fair and balanced, sheesh.
Thanks. I am really fed up with liberals who accuse people who disagree with them as having a “hard heart” or whatever their latest insult is. So many of these people are so woefully ill-informed and naive, go by what just “feels” right, regardless of the facts, and smack Jewish conservatives who don’t go along with the “woe, the poor innocent Palestinians” spiel.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I am really fed up with liberals who accuse people who disagree with them as having a “hard heart” or whatever their latest insult is. So many of these people are so woefully ill-informed, go by what just “feels” right, regardless of the facts, and smacks Jewish conservatives who don’t go along with the “woe, the poor innocent Palestinians” spiel.
Don't give up. Many of us know the truth.

Old 06-09-2021, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Don't give up. Many of us know the truth.
Thank you.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I am really fed up with liberals who accuse people who disagree with them as having a “hard heart” or whatever their latest insult is. So many of these people are so woefully ill-informed and naive, go by what just “feels” right, regardless of the facts, and smack Jewish conservatives who don’t go along with the “woe, the poor innocent Palestinians” spiel.
You only think of me as 'liberal' because you don't like what I have to say.

I am probably one hell of a lot more conservative than you are.

And re-read what you just wrote, clearly you have hate in your heart for the Palestinians. Ironically, they are probably closer relatives of yours than I am.

What you are trying to do is demonize these people. You conveniently forget that before Israel was created Jews in the Palestinian mandate were committing terrorist acts. That problem was 'solved' when they achieved self-determination. Suddenly they were all about law and order.

I don't condone terrorism in the very least, not anywhere at any time. Not in Israel and not anywhere. But unless we are perfectly frank and honest about the causes of this many decades long strife there will not be a solution.

Don't close your mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies