Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 06:47 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They specifically said chicken sandwich. Said Chick-fil-a was overpriced because of it, lol. They often get the numbers wrong.
No, I didnt say chicken Sandwich. But nice try.

and LOL at the "often get the numbers wrong" part.

What you mean to say is that I gave you a number with no context, you then formed an argument around it, and assumed you had all the facts, you didnt. Then when I called you out for not understanding what seasonally adjusted unemployment was and comparative stats, you rage quit, LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 06:47 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
and there you have it.

Hey, CFA did not start out > $10 in my location in Jul 2020. But they did a lot of training and easing folks into positions, so they'd be long-time employees, and they got a raise to > $12/hr after that "probationary" 90-day period. I know - cause I asked on behalf of my 16 year old.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
who knows.

I thought a day after I showed what CFA prices in the Mobile AL area were (where said poster lives) .... hmmm, maybe they meant starting wage.

But since they've doubled down on "But you can get 3 Burger King Crispy Chickens for the price of 2 every other week", I can't say I'm sure.
Even by your own standards, the stand alone meal at 5 dollars is cheaper than the stand alone meal of 6.55

Old 06-10-2021, 06:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No, I didnt say chicken Sandwich. But nice try.

and LOL at the "often get the numbers wrong" part.

What you mean to say is that I gave you a number with no context, you then formed an argument around it, and assumed you had all the facts, you didnt. Then when I called you out for not understanding what seasonally adjusted unemployment was and comparative stats, you rage quit, LOL
You certainly did, but please do link Chick-fil-A paying $9 right now.

You certainly get the numbers wrong on more than one occasion.

LMAO. You posted the wrong number and then backpedaled. Excellent try though.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
You certainly get the numbers wrong on more than one occasion.

LMAO. You posted the wrong number and then backpedaled. Excellent try though.
So you admit, I told you that you were arguing seasonally adjusted vs non seasonally adjusted, and you formed your entire opinion on it, thanks.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:59 PM

Quote:
So you admit, I told you that you were arguing seasonally adjusted vs non seasonally adjusted, and you formed your entire opinion on it, thanks.
Nope, you posted the wrong number and tried to cover it up.

Any proof to Chick-fil-A paying $9/hr right now?

Old 06-10-2021, 07:01 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Even by your own standards, the stand alone meal at 5 dollars is cheaper than the stand alone meal of 6.55
it's not "my standards". IF, by chance, you're claim was to have been "overpriced chicken that you can't get for less than $9", then that was false.

If it's just that CFA starting pay in the Mobile AL area is $ or less, no worries - several of us got it wrong.

If you'd like to argue that BK's former chicken sandwich - which I've eaten many times but is basically an oversized McNugget - is a better value over CFA sandwich, well it's probably best we don't argue that.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Nope, you posted the wrong number and tried to cover it up.

Any proof to Chick-fil-A paying $9/hr right now?
Nope, wasnt the wrong number, you just didnt know the context and ran with it. You still seem mad. LOL

Old 06-10-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Nope, wasnt the wrong number, you just didnt know the context and ran with it. You still seem mad. LOL
You were wrong just like you were wrong about the Chick-fil-A price, and that they’re only paying $9/hr right now. You’re obviously not good with facts and numbers, lol.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
it's not "my standards". IF, by chance, you're claim was to have been "overpriced chicken that you can't get for less than $9", then that was false.
LMFAO, my post doesnt say that.

Quote:
If it's just that CFA starting pay in the Mobile AL area is $ or less, no worries - several of us got it wrong.
As I said, it is and its cool that you misunderstood, but I posted the actual string of comments on the last page where I responded to 2 different posters who understood. the first said CFA pays a living wage, i said no, they pay $9 starting out.

"starting out" pertains to pay, how is it yall assumed it was the cost of chicken ??

If 9 is the trainee pay and then it goes up to 11(or you your case, you said 10 then up to 12) then cool.

Quote:
If you'd like to argue that BK's former chicken sandwich - which I've eaten many times but is basically an oversized McNugget - is a better value over CFA sandwich, well it's probably best we don't argue that.
LOL

Crispy chicken Sandwich =/= Original Chicken sandwich.

we can both agree that second one is trash and is indeed an oversized chicken nugget.

the Crispy Chicken Sandwich and the new Ch'King seem to be the same thing, idk maybe different breading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies