Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 06:39 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,921,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I hate seeing corporations getting caught up in the Republicans culture war divisiveness. Corporations can certainly have pet charities and movements they support, but this smacks of political expediency. They need to consider the bigger picture of where the GOP is taking us and not play along.
Democrats are just as responsible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2021, 06:50 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think the intent is to 'damage' the competitor.

Any more than any marketing campaign is about 'damaging' the competitor......lol.
"Burger King takes aim at Chick-fil-A with plans to donate to LGBTQ group for every chicken sandwich sold"

Comprehension is a thing.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:01 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,024,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
"Burger King takes aim at Chick-fil-A with plans to donate to LGBTQ group for every chicken sandwich sold"

Comprehension is a thing.
Yeah it's a marketing gimmick. It's for the month of June, it's to promote Burger King.

So do you talk about Coke wanting to DAMAGE Pepsi.....

Is that how you see businesses competing?

Old 06-11-2021, 12:25 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,220,137 times
Seems that a chicken sandwich has the same effects as a nuclear weapon on today's society

Old 06-11-2021, 12:26 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
Seems that a chicken sandwich has the same effects as a nuclear weapon on today's society
Bingo

That because Chick-fil-A are big meanies and hurt feelings.

Old 06-11-2021, 03:14 PM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,083 times
I would just like you fine people to be aware that I just had chick fill a for lunch and it was delicious.

Old 06-11-2021, 04:43 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Just for the heck of it, I thought I would try a Burger King just for comparison. I've eaten Chik Fil'A several times.

I have to say the Burger King was a better buy- a much bigger breast fillet than Chik's, and I really liked the slightly spicy dressing they put on the sandwich along with the dill pickle slices.

The breading on the Burger King was similar, but different tasting than Chik's.
Overall, both were equally good-tasting in my estimation. The Burger King here wasn't making a big deal about the donation, but it was mentioned on a wrapper or something, as I recall. I wasn't paying any attention to it.

McDonald's, which is a lot closer in size and taste to Chik, especially if you don't order any dressing on the sandwich.

Neither came with dressing at all from McDonald's or Chik Fil-A; a customer needs to order mayo or some other dressing to get it on the sandwich. Burger King puts it on all their sandwiches with no special order.

Chik Fil-A is still the fastest, have the best cole slaw, and I like their waffle-cut fries the best.

Freddie's now offers them, but they were out of the running. I like their steak burgers the best of all, but any of their chicken products aren't as good as the competition.

I haven't tried Wendy's yet. It's next. Then KFC.

Old 06-11-2021, 07:44 PM

574 posts, read 299,584 times
Just another reason to keep eating at Chick-fil-A. All you have to do is walk in one of their restaurants and it's easy to see there is no other fast food franchise that can hold a candle to their professionalism.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:39 PM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Let me get this straight:

BK is going to GIVE AWAY a portion of their profits in some sort of effort to damage a competitor?

My landscaper did something similar. He broke his lawn mower in an effort to suppress his competition...

The ONLY way this makes any sense is if they believe that the added business they'll gain by virtue signaling will compensate not only for the lost cash they're giving away, but also for the business they're losing by being so openly political.

If that's what they're thinking... boy, are they wrong.

I'm going to just keep laughing. If I liked Chik-Fil-A's food, I'd have it for lunch, just for the extra chuckle.
Obviously Burger King thinks they are on the winning side of the cultural revolution. And that those who wish to punish Chic Fil a will choose to go the BK to show their political support in the end.

Old 06-11-2021, 08:51 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgtMike View Post
Just another reason to keep eating at Chick-fil-A. All you have to do is walk in one of their restaurants and it's easy to see there is no other fast food franchise that can hold a candle to their professionalism.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies