Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2021, 10:00 AM

78,434 posts, read 60,628,324 times

Advertisements

Old saying: Vote with your wallet.

The people have and Chick-Fil-A has won easily.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chic...s-sales-2020-5
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 05:56 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Burger King:

Crispy Chicken sandwich: $4.99
Crispy Chicken sandwich meal: $7.49

Chick-fil-A:

Chick-fil-A Deluxe Chicken sandwich: $3.65
Chick-fil-A Deluxe Chicken sandwich meal: $6.55.

https://www.fastfoodmenuprices.com/chick-fil-a-prices/
Burger King regularly runs a 2 for 5, or 2 for 6 deals on those chicken Sandwiches. 8.99 for 2 meals or 5 dollars for 1 through the app.

so really its 3 dollars for just the sandwich and 4.50 for a meal/5 dollars if you just buy one through the app.

Your link says this on the burger king page.

I know everyone does not use the apps, or coupons, but its kind of clear you can get them cheaper than the advertised price.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:07 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Burger King regularly runs a 2 for 5, or 2 for 6 deals on those chicken Sandwiches. 8.99 for 2 meals or 5 dollars for 1 through the app.

so really its 3 dollars for just the sandwich and 4.50 for a meal/5 dollars if you just buy one through the app.

I know everyone does not use the apps, or coupons, but its kind of clear you can get them cheaper than the advertised price.
Except you said Chick-fil-a starts at $9. Wrong once again.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:30 PM

9,520 posts, read 4,346,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Except you said Chick-fil-a starts at $9. Wrong once again.

The $9 thing confused me as well. I think they meant starting pay is $9 per hour. I could be wrong, but it makes more sense than a $9 chicken sandwich.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The $9 thing confused me as well. I think they meant starting pay is $9 per hour. I could be wrong, but it makes more sense than a $9 chicken sandwich.
They specifically said chicken sandwich. Said Chick-fil-a was overpriced because of it, lol. They often get the numbers wrong.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:35 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,310,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by webster View Post
Republicans are as dependent on government subsidies as anyone else. As the self described party of business, they have enabled a business model that is built on government subsidies, tax credits and write offs not available to any person.

If republicans really didn't want government handouts, they would be libertarians.
I woke up at 5 am to post drivel.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Old saying: Vote with your wallet.

The people have and Chick-Fil-A has won easily.

https://www.businessinsider.com/chic...s-sales-2020-5
hell, that was 2 months into the pandemic. What do you think has happened in the last 12 months since then?

Old 06-10-2021, 06:39 PM

Quote:

when you want to show why you have no understanding, and thus no credibility - Example A.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
The post you are referring too was indeed about how much they pay employees, not the cost of the sandwich as I was directly responding to someone who said they pay their employees a living wage.

I can understand the slight confusion, there is a lot of information back and forth in this thread, but the string of comments being responded too, should have made it clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Wait, you consider Chick Fil A expensive? Um, they actually pay their employees well enough AND give them Sundays off.

So you would rather pay someone less and not a living wage. Got it!
Quote:
I cant speak for where you live, but here in Alabama, Chick Fil A starts off at $9.

Also, saying you get sundays off isnt some blessing. The work week is the same amount of day, they dont get an extra day off, they simply always get sunday off

Im honestly not sure if you were joking or if you genuinely thought the company paid people for and gave them an extra day off ???????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
One day in January of this year I was sitting in my car in the Food Lion parking lot near Five Points in Columbia, SC doing some trip planning.

I was facing the CFA in the lot, which had the drive thru open even with the parking lot under construction.

Their big message sign (visible across the lot) indicated that they were starting people at $12 hr.
Quote:
I can believe that. Each franchise location is different in starting pay.
You werent the only one who made this mistake though, so its obvious I worded it in a way that mislead some.

Old 06-10-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
They specifically said chicken sandwich. Said Chick-fil-a was overpriced because of it, lol. They often get the numbers wrong.
who knows.

I thought a day after I showed what CFA prices in the Mobile AL area were (where said poster lives) .... hmmm, maybe they meant starting wage.

But since they've doubled down on "But you can get 3 Burger King Crispy Chickens for the price of 2 every other week", I can't say I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies