Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 10:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
You are the only one showing hostility here. You voluntarily engaged in a thread that asked why Biden's support was so high among a sub group of the population. You have already said numerous times that you don't feel any need to answer. So why did you even bother to reply to it?
Nonsense. I did answer. I said “because we feel like it.”

That’s an adequate answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Must be because they feel safe in the cities now.
Most of us don’t live in big cities. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Not just Biden. All democrats. more lockstep than any other group. for 65 years. Like clockwork.

Rational people are debating here and saying that's not healthy for an ENTIRE group of people to be so lockstep with one party just based on race. It's bad...it leads to getting taken for granted. It leads to the hyper racial environment they have created today in which people are only grouped by race and feel they are victims because of their race!

Add to that the fact that blacks are still raging after all these years of voting democrat. They are still lagging in key areas that lead to good lives. They are still burning their neighborhoods (with the help of woke whites) and not able to coexist with first world law enforcement in many areas.

IT'S A PROBLEM AND PEOPLE CARE. We all have to live together and keep our country great.

Get it?
Nope. I don’t get it. Not at all.

African Americans have chosen to vote for Biden and support him. You don’t belong to a group that has enough moral authority OR enough informed people to make a determination on the African American vote. Most whites are uninformed voters, so who are they to inquire about the black vote? Nobody...that’s who.

There’s nothing in the constitution that says who blacks must vote for. If there is, point it out. Barring that, we vote for the best candidate for our interests. We built this coalition after slavery, and we will not allow it to be broken or scattered to the 4 winds just because conservative whites don’t like the way we do political business.

Conservatives wouldn’t complain if the same numbers of blacks went for Republicans, and we both know it. So if Republicans want to bust up this ironclad political coalition, there’s only one way to do it: appeal to African American voters by pandering to us as hard as you can. Otherwise, no black vote...and that’s the gauntlet that we’re throwing down. Simply put, we’re unmoved by Republican anger and consternation. We laugh at it in fact. We aren’t going to bust up a 150 year black coalition just because you guys are mad. And we’re not afraid of you and we don’t fear your wrath. So don’t even dream of going down that road.

We vote how we vote...like a gang of army ants all moving in one direction for one purpose. And it’s gonna remain that way. You’ve just gotta accept it.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:24 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Nonsense. I did answer. I said “because we feel like it.”

That’s an adequate answer.

Most of us don’t live in big cities. Sorry.

Nope. I don’t get it. Not at all.

African Americans have chosen to vote for Biden and support him. You don’t belong to a group that has enough moral authority OR enough informed people to make a determination on the African American vote. Most whites are uninformed voters, so who are they to inquire about the black vote? Nobody...that’s who.

There’s nothing in the constitution that says who blacks must vote for. If there is, point it out. Barring that, we vote for the best candidate for our interests. We built this coalition after slavery, and we will not allow it to be broken or scattered to the 4 winds just because conservative whites don’t like the way we do political business.

Conservatives wouldn’t complain if the same numbers of blacks went for Republicans, and we both know it. So if Republicans want to bust up this ironclad political coalition, there’s only one way to do it: appeal to African American voters by pandering to us as hard as you can. Otherwise, no black vote...and that’s the gauntlet that we’re throwing down. Simply put, we’re unmoved by Republican anger and consternation. We laugh at it in fact. We aren’t going to bust up a 150 year black coalition just because you guys are mad. And we’re not afraid of you and we don’t fear your wrath. So don’t even dream of going down that road.

We vote how we vote...like a gang of army ants all moving in one direction for one purpose. And it’s gonna remain that way. You’ve just gotta accept it.
I personally don't care how your "ironclad coalition" chooses to vote. But one thing you said here has me doing the Mr. Spock with the eyebrow thing. This latter emoji is listed as "dubious" but I'm using it to impart "fascinating Captain'. This is because of your line about the aforementioned ironclad coalition remaining imperviously intact unless the Republicans ""appeal to Blacks by pandering to them (you) as hard as they can." We both know that the Democrats do so in totally shameless fashion however our take on that I believe is much different. You're buying it, I think it's plastic as hell and and there's not a jot of sincerity in anything they say or do via this pathetic pandering.

However you have proven beyond all doubt what I have postulated all along. The Dems shamelessly pander to the Black vote. And in what way do they do this? The answer to that is a hall of mirrors. To list just a few tings firstly I'll point out that it is the Dems (specifically the left and FAR left factions) that have given Black Americans special protected status. It's been that way for quite some time. If something is done to draw the ire of a black person the person or entity responsible can and will be pounced on like a ravenous mountain lion on a newborn calf. Followed by said cat pouncing on the cow driven by blood drunkenness. I've seen that happen both literally and in the situation I use the analogy for.

Then there is the infamous affirmative action policy, and for the sake of brevity I'm not going into any detail on that nor the endless list of other social programs and money thrown at the Black community to "pander" (your words not mine) to potential Black voters. At least your honest and openly admit the Democrats do indeed pander to the Black vote with zeal. And I don't particularly care. I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat. I despise both parties and the representatives in government fairly equally. I've been having to vote lesser of two evils since I was 18.

What you have also shown me is that especially now there is another ironclad way of things, that being the hard fast line drawn on the basis of skin tone. And that is sad. I truly loathe being judged by anyone based on the tone of the skin I was born with. I suppose now you're going to retort to that with "now you know how it feels", or "after all this time it's about time" or some such felgercarb. To those who think I need to feel shame for having been born with White skin, it's a shame there isn't a flipping the bird emoji.

I don't hold skin tone agin' anyone. Up till recently I looked straight past that physical trait but now it's being pointed out and shoved in my face and I truly resent the hell out of that. I don't look at anyone and pass judgement based only on the color of their skin. I certainly don't feel Hate based on that, but I do feel it all to strongly from others. Hate is an emotion that I keep on a very short leash and I only truly feel that for just a couple people. Neither of them are Black.

Now the pandering you speak of that the Dems do so well includes promoting the idea that all White people should feel shame for our skin as it makes us racist out of hand. Hatred and a superiority complex is in our DNA. Hardwired at birth. We have no period of complete innocence where skin color does not matter at all . And it's ONLY White people that are capable of racism. Yep, I resent the living $4!t out of that. I belong to a supposed protected class myself. I am a disabled White male. Thing is only the last two factors count.

To wit, when I was going through my divorce my blessedly now very ex financially ruined me. If it wasn't for a friend I would have been sleeping in a ditch and probably would have died there. I was seriously ill and I went to the Dept of Health and Human Services (yes the welfare office) seeking no more than medical help. The Hispanic woman at the window flat told me "there are no benefits of any kind available through this office for single White males." Which I found out when I wound up in the ER with Mr. Dead's hand on my shoulder was a complete lie. I qualified for Medicaid.

Equality? Fair treatment? To not be discriminated against due to skin tone? Is this the "pandering" that sways your vote? It's all smoke and mirrors. Hatred and prejudice are very much alive. As is "systemic racism." A White male no matter his circumstances is very much discriminated against in the "system." It is not a conjured illusory thing. Tell me , does this "ironclad group" of your'n want a truly inclusive society or does it wish to remain self segregated and "protected" as it is now?

If so do you feel you speak for the most of Black folks in this view? You seem fairly confident you indeed do.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:51 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
You attacking me because you know I'm right! LOL.

I can link you to my friends pages, but I think it's against the forum rules.
No, you’re wrong. She does not have the same skin color nor the same background. Last time I checked, the majority of Black people in the U.S. are not of Jamaican descent. Neither are they half Indian.

Old 06-26-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
Exactly. They constantly try to pit us against black Americans by trying to insinuate that we are the "better blacks" and "model minority blacks". It happens even on this forum. Well I would love to hear their explanation as to why the majority of us foreign blacks also vote dem at the same mark as black Americans. They constantly throw out the "handout" word, but they cannot seem to process that black people have different reasons as to why we vote democrat. I mean even within one black family, one person will give you a different reason than their own blood family member. When biggots try to talk about this issue, they don't bring any critical thinking to the discussion and don't realize things like that!!!
This. These people are highly race-focused and extremely uncultured. They conveniently recognize foreign/non-AA to compare to Black Americans but don’t touch the political issue when it comes to us.

The reason they can’t process that black people have different reasons why we vote Democrat or don’t vote Republican is because they won’t admit they are projecting their reasoning on us. Their reason for voting Republican is significantly racial. The poorer Republican base feels entitled to handouts and the more wealthy feel more comfortable with their poorer base receiving it. It’s their issues that they try to project on others.

In my family, mother and I are concerned with religious freedom first, as people who are not mainstream Christians (Sabbath-keepers) and also have family of various religions. We do not support Republicans trying to force their views of God/religion into the school system or their other efforts that are squarely in opposition to the First Amendment. We understand those issues start small and become larger and more problematic over time. The exception is my sister who isn’t very religious at all and doesn’t care about those issues.

I have noted the above many times in this forum and the Republicans rarely respond, if ever, because, as you noted, the subject involves critical thinking.

My father is a mixed Indian (South Asian). He shares the same stance when it comes to religious issues. South Asians vote highly Democratic as well but Republicans never focus on them. They are just obsessed with black people.

Immigration and foreign policy are also issues of concern for us. But of course, Republicans only have basic stereotypical responses when it comes to those issues as well.

Old 06-26-2021, 06:13 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,297,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I personally don't care how your "ironclad coalition" chooses to vote. But one thing you said here has me doing the Mr. Spock with the eyebrow thing. This latter emoji is listed as "dubious" but I'm using it to impart "fascinating Captain'. This is because of your line about the aforementioned ironclad coalition remaining imperviously intact unless the Republicans ""appeal to Blacks by pandering to them (you) as hard as they can." We both know that the Democrats do so in totally shameless fashion however our take on that I believe is much different. You're buying it, I think it's plastic as hell and and there's not a jot of sincerity in anything they say or do via this pathetic pandering.

However you have proven beyond all doubt what I have postulated all along. The Dems shamelessly pander to the Black vote. And in what way do they do this? The answer to that is a hall of mirrors. To list just a few tings firstly I'll point out that it is the Dems (specifically the left and FAR left factions) that have given Black Americans special protected status. It's been that way for quite some time. If something is done to draw the ire of a black person the person or entity responsible can and will be pounced on like a ravenous mountain lion on a newborn calf. Followed by said cat pouncing on the cow driven by blood drunkenness. I've seen that happen both literally and in the situation I use the analogy for.

Then there is the infamous affirmative action policy, and for the sake of brevity I'm not going into any detail on that nor the endless list of other social programs and money thrown at the Black community to "pander" (your words not mine) to potential Black voters. At least your honest and openly admit the Democrats do indeed pander to the Black vote with zeal. And I don't particularly care. I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat. I despise both parties and the representatives in government fairly equally. I've been having to vote lesser of two evils since I was 18.

What you have also shown me is that especially now there is another ironclad way of things, that being the hard fast line drawn on the basis of skin tone. And that is sad. I truly loathe being judged by anyone based on the tone of the skin I was born with. I suppose now you're going to retort to that with "now you know how it feels", or "after all this time it's about time" or some such felgercarb. To those who think I need to feel shame for having been born with White skin, it's a shame there isn't a flipping the bird emoji.

I don't hold skin tone agin' anyone. Up till recently I looked straight past that physical trait but now it's being pointed out and shoved in my face and I truly resent the hell out of that. I don't look at anyone and pass judgement based only on the color of their skin. I certainly don't feel Hate based on that, but I do feel it all to strongly from others. Hate is an emotion that I keep on a very short leash and I only truly feel that for just a couple people. Neither of them are Black.

Now the pandering you speak of that the Dems do so well includes promoting the idea that all White people should feel shame for our skin as it makes us racist out of hand. Hatred and a superiority complex is in our DNA. Hardwired at birth. We have no period of complete innocence where skin color does not matter at all . And it's ONLY White people that are capable of racism. Yep, I resent the living $4!t out of that. I belong to a supposed protected class myself. I am a disabled White male. Thing is only the last two factors count.

To wit, when I was going through my divorce my blessedly now very ex financially ruined me. If it wasn't for a friend I would have been sleeping in a ditch and probably would have died there. I was seriously ill and I went to the Dept of Health and Human Services (yes the welfare office) seeking no more than medical help. The Hispanic woman at the window flat told me "there are no benefits of any kind available through this office for single White males." Which I found out when I wound up in the ER with Mr. Dead's hand on my shoulder was a complete lie. I qualified for Medicaid.

Equality? Fair treatment? To not be discriminated against due to skin tone? Is this the "pandering" that sways your vote? It's all smoke and mirrors. Hatred and prejudice are very much alive. As is "systemic racism." A White male no matter his circumstances is very much discriminated against in the "system." It is not a conjured illusory thing. Tell me , does this "ironclad group" of your'n want a truly inclusive society or does it wish to remain self segregated and "protected" as it is now?

If so do you feel you speak for the most of Black folks in this view? You seem fairly confident you indeed do.
Just a thought.

Being the party of white grievance isn’t the key to getting more minority votes.

Ya think?

Old 06-26-2021, 10:19 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,681,864 times
Because the "invisible black people" support him and the Democratic party. Invisible black people are the ones who are off the radar of the Republican party and conservatives. Invisible black people are not "statistically black." They are the ones who don't need the same things that poor whites get from from the government. They are the ones who don't find themselves at the mercy of a policeman or the court system. I am an invisble black person and according to family lore we have been invisible for the two generations before me and my children are invisible black people too. Both my grandfathers bought cars during the depression and my kids are doing well, two years out of college and already in six figures. All we expect from Biden is to make us proud to be Democrats. Is that so hard to understand?

Old 06-26-2021, 11:07 AM

1,153 posts, read 631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who in this forum has said that one can't vote for anyone that they want to? A question was just posed as to why blacks voted for Biden and continue to vote for the Democrats nearly exclusively in every election. "Just because I just want to" is a lame reason and we know that's not it. There was no demand just a question! I'm sure that poster would be glad to tell you why they may have voted for Trump and why they continue to vote for GOP candidates. I certainly would answer that question if posed to me. I'm not ashamed of by voting choices. Why so touchy? Hmm.
I never supported Biden a day in my life and I supported Ron Paul in the 2012 election and Jo Jorgenson in the 2020 election.

My response was more of a "Devil's advocate" reply since this question pops up over and over and over and over and over again on here and the same people who asked it before are never satisfied with the comprehensive answers and speculations that they have already received. That's why I decided to twist the question around and ask why it matters when the issue has already been addressed on here ad infinitum and I believe that it doesn't really matter since Black Democrats don't have enough power to control elections to begin with compared to White Democrats and Biden supporters.

But, if those responses in previous threads weren't satisfying enough, here's my definitive take:

1. A lot of African Americans(excluding those who skew Libertarian like myself) are socially moderate/conservative but economically/fiscally liberal. Democrats appeal to the economic wants of those group of AA's who support economic/fiscal liberalism while promising to "help" Black communities with their proposed government programs and offers.

2. Democrats do more performative acts of social justice and "wokeness" to show that they're against anti-Black racism which gives the illusion that voting for them will prevent "racists" from "putting down" Black people. A lot of them pander like crazy to the Black community on sensitive topics like police brutality, racism, inequality, and yada yada yada.

3. AA's don't dominate rural areas as much as we used to back in the day. There's still rural Black areas but most AA's are urban or city residents and even the suburbs many AA's live in tend to skew urban. Urban dwellers of any race tend to skew more liberal or towards Democrats than people who live in the suburbs, small towns, or rural areas.

4. Familiarity. Many people will blindly vote for Democrats or Biden simply because their relatives and close friends are doing it and they just vote for the same people to fit in or because they're actually not that political to begin with and just want to say that they casted their vote.

5. AA's are more monolithic than White Americans to begin with. White Americans consists of Southerners, Northeasterners, Midwesterners, rural people, suburban people, city dwellers, Italian Americans, Irish Americans, Anglos, Scandinavian Americans, Christians(Southern Baptist, Lutheran Unitarian, Evangelical, Catholic), Atheists, Jews, Hipsters, Rednecks, Elite Class, etc. AA's have diversity for sure in these categories but not to the same degree as White Americans who have 150-200 million people in the country and have numerous different ethnic groups and subgroups among them. AA's somewhat function like an extended family compared to White Americans, hence why comedy videos touching on the "Black American experience" get a lot of relatable responses but you have to break it down when doing it for White Americans.

Anyways, I'm going to save this answer right here so I can copy and paste it when this same exact topic or a variation of it resurfaces next month.

Old 06-26-2021, 12:21 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Geezus, it's not complaining how blacks vote it's just a curiosity as to why they continue to vote Democrat and an idiot like Biden. I can give you some reasons to vote Republican. They care more about secure borders and stopping the flow of illegal aliens which effects all races of Americans including blacks (even though that poster claims it doesn't). Doesn't matter we should all oppose illegal immigration and political candidates who promise amnesty for them, healthcare and other things they shouldn't be entitled to unless one thinks millions of law breakers should be rewarded for violating our immigration laws and for committing felony ID theft or tax evasion.

The Republicans aren't socialists. However, they have no problem helping the truly needy through no fault of their own. The Democrats want to help everyone regardless of whether they are too lazy to work and continue to have baby after baby to tap into more welfare dollars. Most Republicans do not believe in killing the unborn but rather using precautions to prevent an unwanted pregnancy in the first place. Yes, there are far right ones that don't believe in birth control either but they are among the minority that believe that way. There is more but I don't want to make this post too long.

Why don't blacks and other Democrat voters think this is a positive reason to vote for the Republicans? It's also a myth that they are the party of the rich and that they hold racists views.

Old 06-26-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Geezus, it's not complaining how blacks vote it's just a curiosity as to why they continue to vote Democrat and an idiot like Biden. I can give you some reasons to vote Republican. They care more about secure borders and stopping the flow of illegal aliens which effects all races of Americans including blacks (even though that poster claims it doesn't). Doesn't matter we should all oppose illegal immigration and political candidates who promise amnesty for them, healthcare and other things they shouldn't be entitled to unless one thinks millions of law breakers should be rewarded for violating our immigration laws and for committing felony ID theft or tax evasion.

The Republicans aren't socialists. However, they have no problem helping the truly needy through no fault of their own. The Democrats want to help everyone regardless of whether they are too lazy to work and continue to have baby after baby to tap into more welfare dollars. Most Republicans do not believe in killing the unborn but rather using precautions to prevent an unwanted pregnancy in the first place. Yes, there are far right ones that don't believe in birth control either but they are among the minority that believe that way. There is more but I don't want to make this post too long.

Why don't blacks and other Democrat voters think this is a positive reason to vote for the Republicans? It's also a myth that they are the party of the rich and that they hold racists views.
Nope. I do not vote for Republicans first and foremost due to their insistence on mixing church and state. That affects various areas of American life. Your myopic view of why someone who happens to be “black” does not vote Republican is why Republicans continue to fail to pull so many.

Old 06-26-2021, 01:25 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
"Because we feel like it" is not an adequate answer to anyone's reasons for voting a certain way or for a certain politician. It's a cop out by people who didn't vote with their brains. If they did they'd be able to state the exact reasons why they voted the way they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies