Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 12:05 PM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
If the GOP wants our vote..

Talk to us and tell us why the GOP deserves our vote instead of insulting our intelligence and calling us freeloaders.
Thank you. You don't get someone's vote by calling someone a freeloader. You don't get someone's vote by saying how "brainwashed" someone is. You actually sit down and tell me (or us) why your party (or you) would be a good, positive choice to vote for. And actually positive things.

Old 07-01-2021, 01:42 PM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:

Talk to us and tell us why the GOP deserves our vote instead of insulting our intelligence and calling us freeloaders.
When did the GOP call all blacks, freeloaders? Those who are and any other race of Americans that do it certainly are though. How about the fact that it has been the GOP who has fought against illegal immigration way more so than the Democrats have and these illegals are taking jobs from blacks just as well as any other race of Americans. Do you like all these illegals flooding our border now because of Biden's lax immigration policies? If so, why? Do you like the fact that the Democrats are promising amnesty for millions of illegal aliens who take jobs and resources from your race just as any other race of Americans?

Old 07-01-2021, 02:33 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,549 times
Quote:

That's just one part of it. Even without all of the racial stuff they engage in, they still would not get my vote. I have no interest in their other forms of bigotry and their neo-fascist agenda. I moved to Alabama about 11 years ago and being in a heavy conservative area has not improved my view of the GOP one bit, if anything I dislike them even more!!

Old 07-01-2021, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliciano View Post
That's just one part of it. Even without all of the racial stuff they engage in, they still would not get my vote. I have no interest in their other forms of bigotry and their neo-fascist agenda. I moved to Alabama about 11 years ago and being in a heavy conservative area has not improved my view of the GOP one bit, if anything I dislike them even more!!
What racial, bigoted stuff is the GOP as a party supposedly engaging in? How about some examples? Have you read any of the topics about Biden's proven racism or doesn't it fit your Democrat party hack agenda?

You might want to read my post #182 for more facts about how Biden and the Democrats are destroying our country with their border policies which also effects blacks negatively.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:16 PM

4,603 posts, read 6,369,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
What has Biden done more for the black community versus Trump....I don’t get it!
You never will.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 07-01-2021, 05:24 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why should either party push legislation to benefit certain groups? Legislation should be about benefiting our citizens as a whole. The Democrats constantly push legislation to benefit illegal aliens are you ok with that?

you are either very young or you are kidding...

they mostly made illegal laws that were discriminatory in nature to begin with, i lived through the period and also know my history...many of these laws were enacted to create special stumbling blocks for blacks

such as very hard citizenship laws for blacks only etc

Old 07-01-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
you are either very young or you are kidding...

they mostly made illegal laws that were discriminatory in nature to begin with, i lived through the period and also know my history...many of these laws were enacted to create special stumbling blocks for blacks

such as very hard citizenship laws for blacks only etc
Um, I'm a senior citizen. What you are claiming is no longer the case in this country. What you are speaking of is a long ago past. No one is being discriminated against today for the most part in our society and government.

Old 07-01-2021, 05:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:

They really don’t get how much we hate the Republican Party. You’d think they’d have gotten the message by now.

We HATE the Republican Party! Leave us alone!

Old 07-01-2021, 06:40 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
When did the GOP call all blacks, freeloaders? Those who are and any other race of Americans that do it certainly are though. How about the fact that it has been the GOP who has fought against illegal immigration way more so than the Democrats have and these illegals are taking jobs from blacks just as well as any other race of Americans. Do you like all these illegals flooding our border now because of Biden's lax immigration policies? If so, why? Do you like the fact that the Democrats are promising amnesty for millions of illegal aliens who take jobs and resources from your race just as any other race of Americans?
  1. Undocumented immigrants arent taking any jobs away from any American that is worth more than
    minimum wage.
  2. If they are its because they work hard because they want to be Americans. Republicans are also the ones that keep paying them under the table, and keep giving them the jobs. Dont hire people that dont have their papers, they wont keep coming here.
  3. Republicans are the ones that ruined the central american countries while in government, forcing them to flee their countries.
  4. Black people know that republican politicians are trying to remove brown people from the country, we know black people will be next. Many people, you included, have always said "If you dont like it here, leave!"
  5. Republicans are the ones vehemently trying to keep minorities from voting, and trying to make new laws to increase minority incarceration. Why in the world would we vote for that????

Old 07-02-2021, 11:40 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Thank you. You don't get someone's vote by calling someone a freeloader. You don't get someone's vote by saying how "brainwashed" someone is. You actually sit down and tell me (or us) why your party (or you) would be a good, positive choice to vote for. And actually positive things.
The art of persuasion is lost on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies