Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2021, 03:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,332,197 times

Advertisements

More than once I got so inebriated I puked as I crossed state lines. That was when I was much younger. I can barely hold my milk now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2021, 03:13 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
I’m the first of my four brothers not not drop out of high school. Only person in my family to go to college. I don’t like crowds. I don’t smoke, do drugs, have any piercings or tattoos. I try not to drink caffeine. I was fat as a kid and have trouble keeping weight off unless I exercise every day.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 06-29-2021, 03:31 PM

41,967 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I am a crazy cat lady.
You're in good company!

Old 06-29-2021, 03:32 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
I love, love, love this thread!!!

Old 06-29-2021, 03:36 PM

3,501 posts, read 3,137,447 times
I am a dog lover. I have two of them right now, a beagle and a beagle-doxie mix. I support several rescue organizations.
I was a professional musician for a while. I saved and paid off debt to be able to do that but eventually the money ran out and I had to go back to work.
I work in sales now, which is disappointing because its a career I didn't really want to end up in, but I'm pretty good at it I guess and the money is nice.
I own and reside in a single family home on the West side of Chicago. My neighborhood is still rough around the edges, but I love living here.
I am terrible at gardening or any landscape maintenance. It's my least favorite part of owning a home.
I've been to Maui 6 times. I miss it, but doubt I'll ever go back.
My car is 11 years old and only has 54,000 miles on it.
Although I am a dog person, I love cats, and birds and lots of other critters.
I was previously married for 16 years but got divorced about 3 years ago.
I'm a pretty dang good cook. I used to not like it when people would be in my kitchen while I was cooking, but now I enjoy cooking together with my girlfriend.
My girlfriend is Canadian.
I love beer. Sometimes too much. My current favorite type of beer is barrel aged stouts. (Goose Island Bourbon County in particular, but Founders KBS, and CBS as well)
I am learning to appreciate wine more as I get older.
I am learning to appreciate vegetables more as I get older.
I am learning to appreciate friends and loved ones more as I get older.

My house suffered catastrophic flooding this last weekend when those crazy storms hit Chicago, so I've been in kind of a crap mood for a few days. I think I was able to save my favorite guitars though.

Old 06-29-2021, 03:43 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ive mentioned it in a topic, but I doubt most saw.
2 years ago I was misdiagnosed with diverticulitis. When I woke up from a emergency surgery I learned that it was Colon cancer, and the tumor was the size of a fist. But pretty good odds of it being survivable. another surgery to install a port, and 12 rounds of brutal folfox chemotherapy later it looked like I had made it.

6 months ago we were discussing removing the port, but I said Id wait a bit more. Also my CEA numbers had bumped a bit. Still under what was considered cancer. 2 months later and they were higher. So..Colonoscopy, and a CT scan. Both clear. 1 month ago CEA has jumped more, So I get a PET scan.

That finds it. In my liver. My cancer has metastatized into my liver. its Stage IV cancer. 30% survival estimate from my Oncologist. Initially they schedule Chemotherapy to start, but the local Cancer board decides that the best method is surgery first. So they ordered a 3 phase CT scan, and then a MRI (that was a odd experience. I could feel it...inside sorta.

Anyways in a little under 8 hours I will start a 4 hour surgery to remove a few sections of my liver. Its the first step. then 4 days in the hospital, and then back home for 3 weeks of recovery.

Once I am recovered it will look like I will get 6 more rounds of Folfox Chemotherapy.

Fun fact-a small % of people will go bald for this one, it is fairly rare. My past experience says I will get to rock the bald look again.

Eventually one of you will get the actual last word with me on here, but 30% says it wont be for a long while. Best of luck!
You totally have this. Stay strong

Old 06-29-2021, 03:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
i grew up in an all white community no blacks till high school as an adult i developed a severe substance issue...

going on twenty years ago i was so full of hatred i hated everything then i met a black Vietnam veteran who hated all white people for sending him to Vietnam...thru fellowship soul-searching and much talking we became best of friends..we both actually saw past our color..

i work some in recovery and maintain contact with people the world has disowned we are all human beings

if people sat and talked to each other instead of AT each other we would all be better off

Old 06-29-2021, 03:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
[quote=Crazee Cat Lady;61346480]That would be terrible to sprain your ankle right before walking down the Aisle. Glad that it didn't stop the wedding.

I broke it so it took longer to heal. I told people I would crawl down the aisle to marry that man. LOL Glad I didn't need to. Some thought we had cancelled so didn't come but we still had a great time. The little ones wanted to go back to that wedding the next day, they danced so much and had fun.

Old 06-29-2021, 04:06 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I was going to say TMI... but you followed it up with some good info... except I don't eat eggs like that.

If we are sharing maladies, I did have pancreatitis in my 20s. Wiped me out for well over a week.

I am NOT going to Oregon - it's probably all Antifa-fied by now... I just can't...
I probably will this summer.

Crater Lake is finally open enough to drive around the rim.

It's the only place my dad made to while he was alive that I haven't (except for the middle of a war in Korea).

I may not be able to resist ordering and having an M1 MacBook Air sent to a store while I'm there (there's no sales tax in Oregon)

Old 06-29-2021, 05:09 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times
I'm skinny but I love food, and much of my planning for traveling and day-to-day activities revolves around food. Can be cooking, eating out, visiting markets, whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies