Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 02:36 PM

52,292 posts, read 52,723,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
When i was visiting a remote rural and very poor village in the Delta region of Southern Vietnam, they already had copying machine and printer in the main post office hub…and that was 12 years ago.

I am having a hard time to believe any rural town in America is ass backward than a remote village in Vietnam
I can't imagine that a smaller mom and pop pharmacy / CVS type of store wouldn't have a photocopier that you can use to make copies of things.

Old 07-12-2021, 02:42 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,281,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Them fancy inks and papers don’t produce themselves, partner. One time I’s up near Hazard and went inside a post office to mail my earnings back to Ma. They had them one of them machines I tell you it was the size of a Kubota tractor. It done made up a hunderd pictures in under a minute. I ain’t never seent nothin like it. Musta cost a million dollars. A MILLION dollars!
Well, I ain’t talkin’ to you no more if’n you like them Kubotas. Dammed unAmerican, I tell ‘ya. Run into a fancy sales rep yammering on ‘bout made in Georgia, he think I don’t know they’s Japanese. (Kidding. Not about the ridiculous portrayal by Harris of rural America, but that Kubota’s aren’t fine tractors. Still, Deere and IH Farmalls are the standard equipment out here.)

Old 07-12-2021, 02:47 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Well, I ain’t talkin’ to you no more if’n you like them Kubotas. Dammed unAmerican, I tell ‘ya. Run into a fancy sales rep yammering on ‘bout made in Georgia, he think I don’t know they’s Japanese. (Kidding. Not about the ridiculous portrayal by Harris of rural America, but that Kubota’s aren’t fine tractors. Still, Deere and IH Farmalls are the standard equipment out here.)
Well I tell ya, then sumbitches might be Japanese, but they’s real affordable. Them dadgum Deere’s cost more than my 50 acres, Hoss. I can’t afford no Deere and I sure as heck can’t afford no fancy color-makin picture printin’ bright lights and swishy computer machine!

Old 07-12-2021, 03:08 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
It's the same play the Democrats made with "Voter ID is racist!!!" They're borrowing from tropes and false generalizations because people like Kamala The Terrible have condescended to actually visit the filthy peasants rural America. There is literally nothing that exists in downtown Los Angeles that you can't also get at the ranch 50 miles from the nearest small town. Hillbillies and Rednecks have just as much access to modern technology as gangbanging thugs in urban areas. And in both cases, rich arrogant snobs like Kamala The Terrible honestly think that the invention of the wheel hasn't quite made it to all of these city-dwelling, and countryside dwelling peasants.

Photocopiers are extremely old technology. There is no corner of this nation that has no access to them.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:17 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Them fancy inks and papers don’t produce themselves, partner. One time I’s up near Hazard and went inside a post office to mail my earnings back to Ma. They had them one of them machines I tell you it was the size of a Kubota tractor. It done made up a hunderd pictures in under a minute. I ain’t never seent nothin like it. Musta cost a million dollars. A MILLION dollars!
OMG! You know you're killing me here! Absolutely love this!

Old 07-12-2021, 03:19 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Nowadays you can use your phone as a scanner and use your email to submit your documents. That’s what I did for my wife when she had to apply for her naturalization paperwork. It’s free and save a few trees

Old 07-12-2021, 03:35 PM

283 posts, read 370,194 times
Really, who doesn’t have a scanner/copier/printer and home?

This IS 2021, and flyover country is nothing like she imagines it, apparently.

Old 07-12-2021, 03:48 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times
These politicians aren't stupid, they'll laughing all the way to the bank. They should be getting Oscars for their acting as well. You know as soon as they turn their back to the people they make these asinine remarks to, they have a big smirk on the faces and then the minute they are out of earshot, they are buckling over howling with laughter. They know exactly what people are saying about them - big deal, they're getting what they want which is money and power.

So they keep living the grand life, we keep paying for it and calling them dumb and stupid (I mean seriously even though we know better who can resist) and life goes on and the only real changes I see are the remarks get dumber all the time, the politicians get richer and things seem to get worse all the way around.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:50 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It's funny, I made a comment earlier about these people need better lies and just got home and on the radio they were talking about this thing with Harris, and one of them said the same thing, why can't these people come up with better BS to spin to people.

The way the dems treat rural people and black folks is just condescending as hell sometimes.
At least rural people are smart enough not to vote Democrat.

I don't know what is taking black people so long to wake the hell up.

Old 07-12-2021, 06:53 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Nowadays you can use your phone as a scanner and use your email to submit your documents. That’s what I did for my wife when she had to apply for her naturalization paperwork. It’s free and save a few trees
Joe Biden said poor people don't know how to use email. Biden said only white people know that technology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies