Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2021, 10:48 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why bring in other countries if it's only to confuse instead of stay on track.

What other country fought a civil war to stop slavery, what countries still have slavery. Research that for awhile.

I know people are trying to rewrite history about the civil war but the upshot was when the war was over the slaves were freed. If it wasn't about slavery they would have remained slaves.
The only thing the civil war changed is, the government can no longer tax people as property. There are 40 million slaves around the world, 58,000 in the u.s. Knowing this the way that I do, convince me that the civil war was about freeing slaves. PS: I'll wait ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2021, 11:15 PM

Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMQtBINcCg

Leaked audio of principal allegedly admitting making white students feel 'less than'
I'm thinking this will increase those who are home schooled, based on parent's previous reasons given for educating their children at home.
Homeschooling Increases in the United States, Parents Cite School Environments as a Concern

"Why do parents choose to homeschool their children?

91 percent of homeschoolers’ parents were concerned about the environment of schools, including “safety, drugs, or negative peer pressure,” and 74 percent were dissatisfied with the academic environment."

Old 07-22-2021, 11:56 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The only thing the civil war changed is, the government can no longer tax people as property. There are 40 million slaves around the world, 58,000 in the u.s. Knowing this the way that I do, convince me that the civil war was about freeing slaves. PS: I'll wait ...
We have 58,000 slaves in the US? Tell us where we have them. ICE would sure like to know so they can raid those places.

Old 07-23-2021, 06:33 AM

1,602 posts, read 868,226 times
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...rents-n1463953

Cliffs notes: College professor gets $15k to help a public school district in Missouri write a CRT BASED history curriculum and hide it from parents until a whistleblower did what whistleblowers do and posted a recording of the planning meeting. Yet another "hand in the cookie jar" moment.

But remember, CRT is NOT taught in schools. It's an extremely complex discipline taught only to the highest level of law school students. Really, very much like Operating Thetan level VIII.

Old 07-23-2021, 08:49 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Since there are districts that are already hell bent on teaching this crap where parents are okay with it for some idiot reason, I'd love to see a side-by-side test at mostly black schools.
  • School A gets all this Neo-Marxist CRT and CRT adjacent crap that they're already getting.
  • School B gets zero CRT and just teaches the kids the things you're supposed to teach.
  • School C also gets zero CRT, but in it's place gets a program starting in Preschool constantly encouraging them to 1. Graduate from high school. 2. Get a job. 3. Never get pregnant or impregnate another person until they're married and graduated. 4. Heavy focus on building strong successful families. 5. Commit zero crimes of any kind. 6. Focus on personal accountability and responsibility.
I think I can offer a pretty good guess which school will produce the adults best equipped to succeed in life. Since we can't get the Neo-Marxists teachers and faculty to give up on CRT and the adjacent brainwashing BS, how about proving that it's actually helpful?

I think we all know that it's completely unhelpful. But by all means, prove the doubters wrong!

How about doing that test before betting the farm and going all in on CRT, DIE and CRAP??

Old 07-23-2021, 10:40 AM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Where'd you find those false talking points ? The NEA, BLM, NPR, ? Try looking at an actual law instead of regurgetating nonsense you want to believe.
I quote the law in my post. And right on cue, you went to start questioning "where you get this from?" LMAO

Old 07-23-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
This one is worth the hit.

No, you stupid moron! All we want is to not be labeled racist just because we were born and exist, or be called responsible for the entire trans-atlantic slave trade because we share the same melanin percentage as the people that perpetrated slavery, before many of our predecessors even walked onto Ellis Island. That's it.

Yea, America has a very ugly history filled with lots of mistakes but, Critical Race Theory is based almost entirely on the principle that any White person that exists today is innately racist and responsible for all racism, even racism that occured before we were born. It is a stupid idea promoted by stupid people (regardless of race)!
First of all when you lead with an insult, i know you already lost and got emotional. 2nd of all "CRT" as you all describe it is about white-washing history, it's not the actual critical race theory.

And the law that the governor signed is exactly stating that. It says essentially not to teach anything that could IMPLY white people in anything bad. And you confirmed with your post, talking about you don't want to be responsible for the slave trade. LMAO. So basically you want it to be taught that black people just fell out of the sky in America and black people voluntarily became "unpaid interns" on "farms". We're supposed to teach kids that minstrel shows had nothing to do with black people. We are supposed to teach kids that Martin Luther King was giving speeches about nothing. Black Wall Street just burned down one day and all the people were slaughtered by nobody.

Grow up.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:49 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
I quote the law in my post. And right on cue, you went to start questioning "where you get this from?" LMAO
You didn't cite or link to the source of the quote. I'm guessing from the pro-CRT spin, it's a leftish source. Why should anyone believe you or the anonymous source.

Old 07-23-2021, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Quote:
We have 58,000 slaves in the US? Tell us where we have them. ICE would sure like to know so they can raid those places.
Read the article I provided, plus a few more, then think about how ICE would like to know where they are ... you might find the answer to that question is, no. Some restaurants are implementing practices (saw this on my LinkedIn) in their farm to table initiatives to ensure the product was not picked by a slave. (governments are silent on the issue as people are not putting pressure on them; it's like slavery today does not exist)

We are being misled in the classroom by our teachers; perhaps they have been misled as well ... Since looking up things on my own I learned another fun fact --- sharecroppers, debt slavery continued until WWII.

The people in the u.s. seemed more concerned with the history, than the present

Where history meets present day:
Ending child trafficking and slavery in Ghana

"In 2016, the Walk Free Foundation released an updated global slavery index (www.globalslaveryindex.org), estimating that there are more than 45 million people trapped in modern slavery today. There isn't a country in the world that isn't touched by modern slavery, but in Ghana, it is estimated that 103,300 people are modern-day slaves. The International Labour Organization estimates that 21,000 children are engaged in hazardous labour on Lake Volta in Ghana, the largest man-made lake in the world."

The first lie that has to be debunked is the ending of slavery in 1865 --- when we get interested in doing that, then we will be interested in freeing 40 million souls around the world and put more pressure on our government to freeing those on our soil, as well. Until the lie is common knowledge we have to find solace in areas like CRT --- removing Statues --- history being erased and rewritten; in which none of those efforts does anything for the people enslaved today. The governments continue to profit, not from the taxes of people as property, but from the products slavery (a multi-billion $ industry) today, produces.

Old 07-23-2021, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You didn't cite or link to the source of the quote. I'm guessing from the pro-CRT spin, it's a leftish source. Why should anyone believe you or the anonymous source.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...363_story.html

And this article quotes what the bill is word for word. You can't cry about "leftist sources" on that part. The bill is designed so white people can say anything bad that white people did in the past will imply current white people are connected. Like I said, it's about white washing history. People are debating that the actual "critical race theory" be taught or not taught, they just want the "leftist lies" (lol) to stop.

edit: and here's the Texas Bill

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87...B03979H219.HTM

Quote:
Amend CSHB 3979 (house committee report) on page 3, lines 2 and 3, strike "and (4)" and substitute:
"a state agency, school district, or school may not teach, instruct, or train any administrator, teacher, staff member, or employee to adopt any of the following concepts:
(A) one race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex;
(B) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously;
(C) an individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of the individual's race;
(D) members of one race cannot or should not attempt to treat others without respect to race;
(E) an individual's moral standing or worth is necessarily determined by his or her race or sex;
(F) an individual, by virtue of his or her race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex;
(G) an individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race or sex;
(H) meritocracy or traits such as hard work ethic are racist or sexist, or were created by members of a particular race to oppress members of another race;
(I) fault, blame, or bias should be assigned to a race or sex, or to members of a race or sex because of their race or sex; and
(5) "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies