Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2021, 07:31 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,117 times

Advertisements

IMO, she is not looking like a genius... just burn out..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2021, 07:31 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Posts like the above indicates to me that the people posting such nonsense have never competed for anything significant in their lives expect a spot at the buffet line.
Posts like this tell me that keyboard warriors (or keyboard Olympic athletes) are removed from the reality of their own sad little lives as well as the lives of others.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
She's a gifted athlete, many of her type have lived a pampered life, they are showered with praise, and every excuse in the world is allowed to them, even when their other teammates are rock solid and always ready to perform when asked to. Too many of these people become self entitled brat, whose every whim is indulged. By the way, which of the athletes at the Olympics competition, including her teammates, isn't feeling immense pressure to perform and bring home the gold? They all are.
Without googling, can you name another gymnast on the team, first and last names?

Can you name a single male gymnast on the US Team?

I can come up with a partial name - last or first, but couldn't put a face to the name on the women's team.

Except Simone Biles.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:35 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_inNova View Post
Simone is nearly 25, which is old for a gymnast. She's already won 6 olympic metals (4 of which are gold) and 25 world metals (19 of which are gold). In short, there was really no need for Simone, who has led the team in two past Olympic Games, to be in Tokyo. There is nothing for her to prove.
Then don't go. It seems like she just felt like sitting this one out, and is getting tired of competing. I can see her getting burned out on this, and wanting to quit. Real courage would have been for her to just retire before she took a seat on the Olympic team. But since she is a 19 gold medal Prima Donna, she is allowed to call in sick at the last minute, and everyone praises her for it.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:36 AM

147 posts, read 60,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Doesn’t mean one that age should go out to pasture and isn’t a plus for a team. Maybe they enjoy the competition an being part of a team. Regardless Simone made a difficult decision and I’m sure it wasn’t easy for her, but better then getting injured.

My point is, it's unheard of to have a 24 year old gymnast partaking in the olympics. 99.9% of the gymnasts at the olympics are under 21. Sunnisa Lee (who just won the individual all around for the U.S.) is 18 years old. Most elite gymnast only partake in 1-2 olympics and then retire.

Simone has done extremely well as an elite gymnast, but there was no need for Simone at nearly 25 to be in the games, this year.

She should have been working with a great PR team to get as much as she could in endorsements and sponsorship deals, because again, after all of the medals that she's won, there was really nothing more for her to do in gymnastics.

Her career is over now, and though I support her decision to put her mental health and wellness first, it is not going to help her garner endorsements, which she needs, because despite all of her awards/medals, her financial networth is only 6 million.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:37 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Yea, you know what I'm tired too. Yet I keep going despite 2 bad knees because I have to. People depend on me. Not just my family, but the people that work for me. Olympic athletes are supposed to be the best of the best. People that the rest of us look up to. Quitting because you're tires isn't an excuse that I will accept
You won't ACCEPT it? Call Simone! Call the media! An anonymous poster on C-D refuses to accept Simone's decision to withdraw from the Olympics.

BTW, she didn't withdraw because she was tired. She withdrew because she felt like she couldn't compete safely. I hope if you ever feel like you can't perform your job safely that you are able to resign.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:39 AM

29,511 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Congratulations to Sunisa Lee!

What's unfortunate is that Biles will probably continue to get more interest and hype, especially as they will be competing in the individual events and she hasn't indicated yet whether she will compete or not.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:41 AM

147 posts, read 60,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Congratulations to Sunisa Lee!

What's unfortunate is that Biles will probably continue to get more interest and hype, especially as they will be competing in the individual events and she hasn't indicated yet whether she will compete or not.
Simone will not be participating in the individual events, according to yesterday's press release. Her gymnastics career is effectively over... Her career lasted far longer than any other elite gymnast in modern times.

Old 07-29-2021, 07:43 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Apparently, she's tired. That's a thing now.

https://twitter.com/tamisawyer/statu...95738265186304
What in the world would the world do without these women?

My goodness....I can't imagine...

Old 07-29-2021, 07:44 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,085,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I see Texas Deputy Attorney General Aaron Reitz called her a national embarrassment and then apologized, all this controversy is absurd.
You can't criticize her. Not one bit. Lest the woke lynch mob gestapo come for you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies