Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 04:27 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troubleshooter View Post
The moron is the government worshiper who believes that a draconian mandate is necessary to make people do what is right.

They refuse to believe that people will do what is right without the heavy hand of the Demstapo.
Well, so far people haven't done the right thing, and it is causing people to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I personally have no problem against authoritarianism when it's applied to a government. Frankly, I don't think it goes far enough, DeSantis should have made it criminal, and activated the National Guard and be frog-marching these thugs out of their basement dwellings at bayonet-point. Do it twice, and the rest will fall in line and stay in their lane.
Who are the thugs you're referring to? DeSantis and some of his anti-mask people are the only thugs I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 04:33 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
I personally have no problem against authoritarianism when it's applied to a government. Frankly, I don't think it goes far enough, DeSantis should have made it criminal, and activated the National Guard and be frog-marching these thugs out of their basement dwellings at bayonet-point. Do it twice, and the rest will fall in line and stay in their lane.
That’s just plain nuts - some trigger happy for some kind of altercation between the right n the left. Jan 6 lives on in the minds of some.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:02 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Didn't Trump call it a war and declare victory?
If he declared victory though, it logically follows that the war is over, and we're no longer at war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't have a problem with DeSantis grandstanding and declaring no mask mandates but I think he goes to far to threaten defunding of school boards that want to defy his mandate.

It just seems like a bunch of show.

Here our school board passed a mask mandate and then admitted it would not be enforced. So it's all for show. I hate that kind of stuff.
I hate grandstanding as well. I mean at this point the best strategy seems to be to have a "mandate" and quietly decline to enforce. Keeps both sides happy, sortakinda. Basically about 90% of the businesses in my area. Sign on the door, no one cares if you have a mask on or not.

My county here in TX wasted time and county resources suing Gov. Abbott over mask mandates or something. It pisses me off to no end that this is where my property taxes are going, yet I have no idea what that grandstanding tweeting County Judge did to secure more hospital capacity and healthcare workers for the surge that was foreseeable to anyone with more than 3 brain cells but I always think, 'Stop tweeting and get back to doing your job'.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:06 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
No - kids need to go to school safely. He has made it unsafe.
I'm starting to get tired of asking this question. What part of DeSantis's orders or comments explicitly bans the purchase and use of literally any PPE they want? No one has made schools anything.

As for CDC, they can't even make up their mind on masks, so I'm not convinced.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:06 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
*SNIP*

Who are the thugs you're referring to? DeSantis and some of his anti-mask people are the only thugs I see.
No...DeSantis is the one trying to FIGHT the thugs that are pushing their twisted will on the people!

Old 08-25-2021, 05:11 PM

Quote:
No...DeSantis is the one trying to FIGHT the thugs that are pushing their twisted will on the people!
Disantis is allowing the virus to spread, but not gonna change your mind about that bootlicker. but this is FL. not Ga. we will handle our own politics.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:14 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,527,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Disantis is allowing the virus to spread, but not gonna change your mind about that bootlicker.
Virus is gonna spread. Masks don't work, that's a scientific fact! The only way to keep one from spreading is to COMPLETELY lock down every single person in the whole country for a full month. Not going to happen, not for a cold.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:15 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
You certainly are a DeSantis supporter.

DeSantis is not allowing counties do what they feel is necessary to protect their citizens, as far as mask mandates...
and he's imposing financial punishment if they cross him.

That is the definition of authoritarian government.

"enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom...."

He really is a lot like Trump.

10 Florida School Districts are Defying DeSantis’ Mask Mandate Ban

"The state is expected to punish Broward and Alachua counties for their mask mandates in the coming days by revoking an amount of funding equivalent to their school board members’ salaries. The state gave the counties an ultimatum that they would withhold the funding if they didn’t drop their mask mandate by Tuesday, which both counties have refused to do.

The rash of counties that have followed in their footsteps are likely to face consequences as well, with Christina Pushaw, spokesperson for Gov. Ron DeSantis, telling Forbes in an email last week school board members “found to be in violation of state law will face consequences.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=2c471cec28fe
A Governor AND school district that are over stepping imo. Leave it up to each school.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:18 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
The "medical options" are mandates, you know, the topic of this thread.

And again for the umpteenth time, your freedumbs end when you endanger other people. And that is exactly what the CDC says you are doing when you allow unmasked kids to crowd into classrooms.

Your opinion, DeSantis' opinion are irrelevant as is those of the parents. We're fighting a war against a pandemic in this country and the leaders we elected to run this country get to lead the charge. Don't like it? Tough.
Tough? You seem to forget that there are no mandates in the free state of Florida and that the CDC does not reign over the citizens of this state. For the umpteenth time... our rights are guaranteed and can not be removed, eliminated, reduced or replaced with a bio security mandate by a unlegislated federal body, the CDC. If you feel threatened by unmasked people then your options limited. Keep in mind we'll have more variants arise and covid is with us, possibly forever. Wear your mask, keep your distance, get boosters for how long before EVERYONE gets exposed.

Now you can comply, obey, follow, if you choose to or not, in the free state of Florida and many other states.

Old 08-25-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Virus is gonna spread. Masks don't work, that's a scientific fact! The only way to keep one from spreading is to COMPLETELY lock down every single person in the whole country for a full month. Not going to happen, not for a cold.
I wish it was a cold. God I wish it it were just that. My son’s lung blew out yesterday. He has been in an induced coma for 4 weeks now. Last conversation he said he felt like he was drowning. You have no idea - none! Masks help all helps. Doing nothing and being in denial will not help anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies