Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 01:59 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
and this is the definition of GASLIGHTING.

facts speak for themselves.

WC out
Can't argue with the truth... right? You've been exposed for your expectation of compliance over rights. I get it, I see that in you.

Blind to the truth is worse than blind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 02:02 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,046,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Can't argue with the truth... right? You've been exposed for your expectation of compliance over rights. I get it, I see that in you.

Blind to the truth is worse than blind.
Do you also understand QAnon conspiracy theories?

Old 08-25-2021, 02:08 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
Quote:
Do you also understand QAnon conspiracy theories?
There's the rabbit hole. There the political two step. You're a hack

Old 08-25-2021, 02:56 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
You certainly despise Governor DeSantis

You have it completely backwards. See here's the thing, PEOPLE, specifically parents.... have the responsibility, the authority, and the RIGHT to parent. When you protect those RIGHTS that's not authoritarian. What is authoritarian ? ...trying to BLOCK or eliminate those rights or limit those rights that already exist.

That's the truth and you have it completely backwards. I'll even say you know this to be true, but prefer the government to RULE over parents.

PS... so he's not really opposing any medical options since you didn't list any.
The "medical options" are mandates, you know, the topic of this thread.

And again for the umpteenth time, your freedumbs end when you endanger other people. And that is exactly what the CDC says you are doing when you allow unmasked kids to crowd into classrooms.

Your opinion, DeSantis' opinion are irrelevant as is those of the parents. We're fighting a war against a pandemic in this country and the leaders we elected to run this country get to lead the charge. Don't like it? Tough.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:09 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Your opinion, DeSantis' opinion are irrelevant as is those of the parents. We're fighting a war against a pandemic in this country and the leaders we elected to run this country get to lead the charge. Don't like it? Tough.
Wanna show me that declaration of war, passed by Congress and signed by the President?

We are NOT in a war against a virus. End of Discussion. You're free to pretend you a pawn in some unwinnable perpetual war, but count me out. I'm not participating. Don't like it? Tough.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:12 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Wanna show me that declaration of war, passed by Congress and signed by the President?

We are NOT in a war against a virus. End of Discussion. You're free to pretend you a pawn in some unwinnable perpetual war, but count me out. I'm not participating. Don't like it? Tough.
Didn't Trump call it a war and declare victory?

I don't have a problem with DeSantis grandstanding and declaring no mask mandates but I think he goes to far to threaten defunding of school boards that want to defy his mandate.

It just seems like a bunch of show.

Here our school board passed a mask mandate and then admitted it would not be enforced. So it's all for show. I hate that kind of stuff.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:59 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
You certainly are a DeSantis supporter.

DeSantis is not allowing counties do what they feel is necessary to protect their citizens, as far as mask mandates...
and he's imposing financial punishment if they cross him.

That is the definition of authoritarian government.

"enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom...."

He really is a lot like Trump.

10 Florida School Districts are Defying DeSantis’ Mask Mandate Ban

"The state is expected to punish Broward and Alachua counties for their mask mandates in the coming days by revoking an amount of funding equivalent to their school board members’ salaries. The state gave the counties an ultimatum that they would withhold the funding if they didn’t drop their mask mandate by Tuesday, which both counties have refused to do.

The rash of counties that have followed in their footsteps are likely to face consequences as well, with Christina Pushaw, spokesperson for Gov. Ron DeSantis, telling Forbes in an email last week school board members “found to be in violation of state law will face consequences.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisond...h=2c471cec28fe
I personally have no problem against authoritarianism when it's applied to a government. Frankly, I don't think it goes far enough, DeSantis should have made it criminal, and activated the National Guard and be frog-marching these thugs out of their basement dwellings at bayonet-point. Do it twice, and the rest will fall in line and stay in their lane.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:08 PM

STOP THE ABUSE OF POWER BY FLORIDA GOVERNOR RON DESANTIS

"The Governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis, is behaving in a manner which exhihibits both Reckless and Gross Negligence in relation to Covid 19. He has refused the requests from mayors, across the state, to enact mask mandates or any mandates that would mitigate the spread of Covid 19. Even Dr Birxs, from the CDC, has referred to him as irresponsible! Attorneys in the Florida State Govt have resigned, stating their reason for resignation is the careless and irresponsible manner in which Gov Ron DeSantis is dealing with Covid19.

As a result of the Reckless and Gross Negligence, exhibited by our Governor, many many people in Florida are contracting Covid, dying, or becoming long termers. He cannot be recalled, due to Florida law.

Governor DeSantis is not only practicing Reckless and Gross Negligence, but is exhibiting a depraved indifference and endangering the lives of the residents of this state, resulting in the deaths of many. He is actively abusing his power by preventing Mayors (and School Boards) from taking proactive steps to try to spare residents the heartbreak and financial hardships accompaning Covid19.
His actions have additionally caused death and much suffering.

Governor DeSantis needs to be held accountable for the misery, suffering and death that are a direct result of the policies, or lack thereof, that he has personally inflicted upon residents of his state, whom he has sworn to protect!"

https://www.change.org/p/office-of-t...r-ron-desantis

Last edited by World Citizen; 08-25-2021 at 04:40 PM..

Old 08-25-2021, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
I personally have no problem against authoritarianism when it's applied to a government. Frankly, I don't think it goes far enough, DeSantis should have made it criminal, and activated the National Guard and be frog-marching these thugs out of their basement dwellings at bayonet-point. Do it twice, and the rest will fall in line and stay in their lane.

Old 08-25-2021, 04:27 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and grumpy View Post
At least DeSantis gives you a choice, mask up if you want and stay inside if you want to.
No - kids need to go to school safely. He has made it unsafe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies