Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 11:06 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I love America more than most. I think you are being manipulated by the media Jim. They never questioned Biden until now, why is that?
No you don’t and I already know of your obsession with the media overlords theory which, in honesty, is not completely out of my realm of speculation - though I don’t subscribe to your further theories involving Zionism.

Quote:
They want the war, they always wanted the war. Americans have been dying constantly in that fight, what about their families?
The subject of who “they” are is where you and I part ways on this whole issue.

Quote:
Complaining about the withdrawal is just a leeway for NATO officials and the media to argue the nobility of that war when it was all just a scam. Be mad at the people who started it, not the one trying to end it.
I don’t give a rodent’s rectum what NATO and the media argue about. My complaint is not that we finally withdrew from a country which I never thought we should occupy in the first place and which I have supported leaving for two decades.

My complaint is that Biden and his administration turned the withdrawal into the proverbial monkey with a football because he didn’t listen to his advisers, then lied to us about what he knew was most likely to happen, then turned his back on allies who were only there because of us, then failed to assert his authority as the CIC of the world’s most powerful and arguably most technologically advanced military and tell the leader of a terrorist regime that was in hiding until a few months ago to sit his goat humping butt down until we were at least out of the country and that if said terrorist regime started being stupid we would make sure the stupid hurt bad enough to make him sit, allowed the Taliban to control our egress and sent our soldiers to die in a battle which could have been avoided had he simply either stuck to the original egress date or delayed until after winter fell and used a strategy that didn’t involve leaving American and allied soft targets in the hands of people who are sworn to destroy us, and continues to increase the amount of idiocy in the bucket on a daily basis while lying to the American public and evading questions.

All while people like you tell us he’s a hero for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2021, 11:29 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,526,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Before posting nonsense you could have googled the distance between Kabul and Bagram air base.
You think the guys are shooting at the aircraft from Bagram??? The airlift is in Kabul.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
The situation in Afghanistan was bound to happen.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:34 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,472,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Before posting nonsense you could have googled the distance between Kabul and Bagram air base.
Before you posted this nonsense, you could have googled who was responsible for this.

Quote:
Thousands of inmates, including former Islamic State and al-Qaeda fighters, were released from a prison on the outskirts of Kabul as the Taliban called for a "peaceful transition" of power.
https://www.businessinsider.com/watc...taliban-2021-8

Old 08-26-2021, 11:35 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
I know people are people, and all nations have good people. But Biden is wasting time and manpower getting Afganitanis out, when he coulda been getting Americans out, and it would've been all over by now.
True, but he could have done both.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I don't think many of us that were either for or against complete withdrawal, could have predicted how bad the whole thing turned out.

Because the main argument on this forum weeks ago, was should we completely withdraw from Afghanistan or not at all. It's disingenuous for some now to claim that they weren't against completely withdrawing, just that they were against the way we withdrew. Just look back to the beginning page 1 of this thread and the following several pages, I didn't see anyone raising concern about ISIS-K detonating suicide vests in Kabul. That's because many had no idea of the scope of biden's ineptitude until today, and I myself, someone that was passionate about removing all troops from there, am not afraid to admit that.

Since biden took office, he had 6-7 whole months to get everyone safely out of Afghanistan and that included the extension past the original May 1 deadline (negotiated from the peace agreement signed with the taliban last February 2020). What was going on that entire time, what the hell were they doing? All Americans and Afghans who helped us could have been safely evacuated in a month long before the taliban took control. Biden could have left Bagram open. Biden is blaming the Afghan security forces, the Joint Chiefs Chair is claiming he had no idea the taliban would take over so quickly, so on. It's obvious no one took this seriously and kept screwing around, thinking they could extend the withdrawal indefinitely.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:35 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,800,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I think if done the right way not to this extent

Old 08-26-2021, 11:42 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Exiting Afghanistan was bound to happen, the situation caused by the bungled withdrawal was not. Stop making excuses for stupidity.

Old 08-26-2021, 11:45 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Quote:
It was reckless. Biden explicitly did it now to pin a gold star on himself for the 20th anniversary of 9/11, but that backfired and he set the US back a few decades trying to rush this through

Old 08-26-2021, 11:49 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCOnMZQBExI

Old 08-26-2021, 11:58 PM

8,154 posts, read 3,682,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
You think the guys are shooting at the aircraft from Bagram??? The airlift is in Kabul.
What ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies