Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2021, 06:52 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I wonder if China, Russia, and Iran are bidding on Biden's Taliban donations?
Yawn, tiring. As I said, the weapons were Afghan army's. Have you gone on the record years ago to say that we should not arm them? I'll wait.

Additionally, due to the overuse of US military contractors that army was not capable of functioning on their own (just one of the multiple reasons for that). So what are the Taliban going to do, contract out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 07:15 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Sounds like Americans that want out, but couldn't reach airport will be abandoned for now.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:16 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Absolutely. Taliban was in violation of the agreement from Day One. A great link on the timeline - citing IG reports - NOT behind a paywall:

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/ti...m-afghanistan/

I agree with this 100%:Trump betrayed our country by negotiating the withdrawal with the Taliban. Biden betrayed our country by going through with it.

I continue to maintain, Biden should have trashed the Doha Agreement and increased troop levels in Afghanistan.

It is an ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY we will be back there again. Afghanistan IS NOW a safe haven for terrorists.

In my view, Afghanistan will be one of those places we can never leave - as the jihadist terrorists are not going away - ever.
Trump was getting us out of Afghanistan without a single US casualty. Trump signed the Doha with the Taliban to accomplish exactly that. If Romney were in charge, we'd never leave Afghanistan.

Trump would have gotten the US soldiers out orderly and peacefully, back in May. Biden made every wrong decision, and has ruined international relations with our US allies, he's gotten almost two hundred killed, and surely more to come. Biden surrendered to the Taliban without firing a shot!!!!

for Romney to blame Trump for Biden's screw ups, is asinine.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
That's an understatement. I feel and understand this sooo much! I like her. I love how the host supported her and told her to not apologize. Even offered to get her to the amazing resources available.
And what does of POS Commander-in-chief do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BobqJaXPjM4&t=16s

Old 08-29-2021, 07:21 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I read today 28,000 people have been evacuated, that is not slow.
Don't believe ANY NUMBERS our government puts out. It NEVER tells the true extent of bad news, and inflates/exaggerates good news. BOTH parties are equally guilty of this!

Old 08-29-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Yawn, tiring. As I said, the weapons were Afghan army's. Have you gone on the record years ago to say that we should not arm them? I'll wait.

Additionally, due to the overuse of US military contractors that army was not capable of functioning on their own (just one of the multiple reasons for that). So what are the Taliban going to do, contract out?
Well, don't you think all of those weapons and equipment were a huge motivator for Biden? He should have done what was needed to maintain the support the Afghan Army needed, so as not to allow it all to fall into the hands of the enemy. Instead, Biden took away all of that support, and abandoned the Afghan military, which allowed all of that equipment to fall into enemy hands. Biden needs to resign or be impeached for this destructiveness.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
I read today 28,000 people have been evacuated, that is not slow.
That is 1,750 a day. How is that fast?

Old 08-29-2021, 07:33 PM

8,151 posts, read 3,678,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, don't you think all of those weapons and equipment were a huge motivator for Biden? He should have done what was needed to maintain the support the Afghan Army needed, so as not to allow it all to fall into the hands of the enemy. Instead, Biden took away all of that support, and abandoned the Afghan military, which allowed all of that equipment to fall into enemy hands. Biden needs to resign or be impeached for this destructiveness.
You mean that the military contractors should have stayed in Afghanistan forever. And how would that be achieved? The military stays forever as well? Lol. Not that I have any intention of paying for something like this, but I'm just curious.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post

Even though Team Biden won't admit mistakes were made, it was clearly a mistake to have that much fall that quickly to the Taliban.

P.S. Was it smart for Biden to remove foreign contractors to cripple the Afghan air force?

Old 08-29-2021, 07:41 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Even though Team Biden won't admit mistakes were made, it was clearly a mistake to have that much fall that quickly to the Taliban.

P.S. Was it smart for Biden to remove foreign contractors to cripple the Afghan air force?
Frankly, that's a drop in the bucket. The US will throw away most of what was being used by the US Army rather than go through the process of sanitizing it for return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies